User Interface: Quick Observations (WIP)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Awpolt, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Noticed a few things right away while assessing the current UI from the Beta branch. Here's what I found so far.

Note: See images for reference IDs.

1.) Wages:Val should be streamlined like the other elements; add an Icon that represents the intent.

2.) Resources:Val should be streamlined like the other elements; add an Icon that represents the intent.

3.) The Icons on the Minimap seem rather large, especially the player Icon.

4.) The Engineer charge value has a 0 beside it. Unsure why. Also, I believe there shouldn't even be a display of the charge on the bottom right since the Calculator already provides that function.

5.) When rotating a yet-to-be deployed entity, the mouse cursor appears, and if rotating is done quickly, the mouse cursor will shake. I suggest adding an Icon that lets the Commander know that they are indeed rotating the entity.

6.) Invisible, but part of the interface for some reason. Perhaps it was one main component that stretched the entirety of the screen. You are unable to use the commander select function in that area. It is blocked off.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

We need an artist we currently don't have for artsy changes like 1 and 2.

3. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

@Awpolt: Send me a message if you want more information on how you can change the UI. 1 and 2 are fixable without having to touch C++ files.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

resources and wages are probably the hardest to signify in visual form, which is why they were never changed

i can imagine using the ref icon for resources but that leaves wages without a visual representation. if anyone has ideas for icons before they are possibly changed to something more confusing please post them