An empathical dissertation on why we are the way we are

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Neoony, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke

duke Former Developer (BE Creator)

As for the myriad of examples, i'll completely waste my time and go through each one. Firstly, I've made it clear to him that i'm no fan of randomly messaging and harassing people with this nonsense, but he's free to do as he pleases. In short, i'm more concerned with where we go from here in making a great game than revisiting old horseshit, which i've also made clear to him but again he's free to do what he wants.

I've thought about it, and I agree that he should have been banned if he was posting this garbage. But keep in mind you aren't seeing any of this on the new subreddit.

1. Mr Die is not in charge of PR. It was a mistake/assumption by Wilvette and has been corrected. The linked post by Empires League is mostly rhetoric with a few underlying truths. ie. Mr Die is in fact banned, and the Blackhole was in fact removed. I don't know if this was good or bad, I wasn't around.

2. If i'm being tricked by this guy, it's a long game, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until they actually do something to earn themselves a spot on a shitlist. Harmless rants don't phase me.

3. I have no doubt he has something wrong with him, but I don't hold this against him and don't believe anyone should. I also have no doubt that he harasses people on a regular basis, but I also believe it's well intentioned garbage that can easily be ignored by those on the receiving end. It's also obvious that he writes a lot of what he claims others wrote. It has the same style and cadence.

4. The DDOS attacks are concerning but i've also heard allegations from him that DDOS'ing has occurred from someone else. As with everything else i'm inclined to believe no one, and would prefer to start from scratch than account for shit that happened over the last decade.

5. I'm spending more time on making this game than playing some games that i'd really like to play. It doesn't mean I don't support them.

6. It's mentioned that he gave away someones parents info, but as I understand it that info was inferred from freely available information on the guys website, so it's not really a doxing.

7. I'm "buying" all of what you're saying, but aside from what i've pointed out previously I just see it as someone who talks a lot who's overlayed this Marxist language over the internet.

8. PYA's post makes several good points. But the new game isn't being influenced by him, and I don't see how what he writes is insulting to anyone, and you might be to the point where you can't treat someone as part of the community, whether it's reciprocated or not, but i'm not there yet.

9. The "horseshit". That's a private message, not on the subreddit. What do you want me to do about it?

10. Any banning and censoring, or any mention of Deeists or whatever won't be tolerated in the subreddit. I can't do anything about private messages.

11. I'm not choosing one side over the other, if you've proven anything it's that MrDie has confected these sides in the first place. I treat him like anyone else interested in the game.

12. As Vicky has already said, he's not in charge of PR. LordDz you can block him or explicitly tell him to stop messaging you.

The hostility of people on this forum against the guy is perhaps understandable, but the refusal to be involved with anything that he is also a part of is just childish and does no one any good. I'm not even going to address the "with us or against us" garbage.

2. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Just make a forum, democratically elect him and then never visit it. Problem solved.
    I almost admire his undying dedication to the cause - I've no idea what that cause is, but damnit a man must have principals XD

Neoony likes this.
  3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Sure, let's go through another round of learning the hard way, that went swimmingly last time in 2015. Waving off the harassment like that is also a real confidence booster...

There is still the issue of him being in control of your project's community groups, which is the real problem, at least for me, and it wasn't addressed in the lengthy post.

w00kie, Neoony, A-z-K and 1 other person like this.
  4. duke

It's addressed in the last paragraph - I don't find his mere involvement threatening.

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Don't worry, there's plenty of time to find out.

D.D.D. Destroyer, Neoony and Xyaminou like this.
  6. Neoony

Neoony Member

Honestly that was really just aimed at people like Catface and bunnyhopper, who literally make up excuses for him, which also include a lot of "probably".
    I wouldnt with 100% include duke to that exact description (yet) xD

Although, it was quite aimed at where duke seems to be heading...

Just to clear that up :P
    ( Still a good point though XD )

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  7. Neoony

Neoony Member

But still...

What does this even mean now?

[​IMG]

What chairman of what league?
    What Empires League?
    What is Empires League?

Does "Empires League" still keeps the same description as MrDie means by it?

Does this mean that the Empires Game will implement this MrDies Empires League?
    As far as I know, MrDies "Empires League" is exactly the "horseshit" that we are discussing now and nothing else.

This is MrDies Empires League https://theempiresleague.wordpress.com/

Is that it?
    Unless you want us (people) to fill up the "hole" (unknown) with whatever we can...

And by "people" I dont mean only the current community, but even the new people that come...really anyone

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Xyaminou likes this.
  8. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

I've stayed out of this thread for good reason, if you don't believe what I have to say... well I don't really care. I've had a few encounters with Mr. Die, my interactions with him have been harmless but I will say one thing; he doesn't understand boundaries. For most people, you kinda understand that if someone doesn't want to talk to you; then they don't want to talk to you and you should move on. Not this guy, he has tried multiple times through various channels to try get in contact with me. I still don't know the reason behind his attempts and to be completely honest I'm not even curious. I had one very vague and strange conversation with the guy when he started posting in the public Hipchat. (That is now removed)

Anyway since we are sharing, I remember one time I was playing a PC game with people I know IRL. (Super Monday Night Combat, yes it was a long time ago; but it was a fun game at the time)
    All of us on were on Skype at the time, when one of the guys says to me, "Hey....Who is this Mr. Die guy and why has he just added me, just to ask if you will talk to him?". This was the turning point for me, when I understood that everything everyone had been saying about him was true. I have enough respect for the people that have spent their time working on the game to believe when they've said he has harassed them; purely from this one occurrence.

None of this matters any more anyway because the game's population is probably in it's final stages before the game eventually dies, when it's gone he will have to find another obsession - I just hope he doesn't plague you the same way that he has plagued this game Duke.

9. Zekezor

Zekezor Member

So I literally came back to this forum after god knows how many years to register an account and post about this.
    Mrdie is not sane.
    I don't mean "oh he is a bit of a odd guy", no i mean he is insane.
    Dude wrote HUNDREDS of pages about the empires mod developers and how he is having his underground "black hole movement" fighting against the devs etc all for the glory of the empiresmod.
    How he opposes the "kingdom of empty" (empty being a dev back then)... lol.
    He got big time issues and i wish i still had some of his insane voice recordings where he goes on a rant or the collected VOLUMES of text of his rants which he made regarding the black hole movement.
    BUT HOLY SHIT I GOT MY OLD PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT!

Here he is being tricked into getting on the emp forum and thinking he is allowed back in before being promptly banned again... just read his bloody msg... dude is bonkers.
    sidenote: There is no sarcasm in the post by him or any attempt at being funny or w/e... He is stating it as he sees things. Oh and the black hole is literally a shitposting section of the forum which was unmoderated.
    [​IMG]

I mean shit, give the "empires league" archives a nice read. Like the old ones.

https://theempiresleague.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/bulletin-16/

*ahem*

"
    Mr D when noting the activities of the Deeist clique and its personalist inclinations pointed out that, “How else can we explain the politics of the Deeist clique, which go against the words of. . . veteran users who built up this mod? The Deeists look down below and heap scorn upon the masses and those progressive, forward-thinking users whilst degenerating themselves.”(1) This is evident across the entire community as the Deeists promote furries, animé, role-playing, personalism, reactionary positions in general, and all of this produces politics and drama within the community. “King” Empty has admitted at times that he does what he does for “role-play” reasons, for degenerate reasons, as the veteran user Spooky noted in January that “King” Empty engages in shenanigans of this type. The animé-loving Deeist agent and Trickster ally Youzy has said that he himself “fucking loves” roleplaying. Look at the Empires Forum and you will see most of the active topics being taken up by politics. Under such conditions there is no surprise at all that the “active users” has declined to 121 and that the stagnation the community is facing is accelerating and deepening as the Deeists themselves dampen the resolve of the users and increase their repressive activities.

Mr D has stood at the forefront against politics, against drama and all that harms the glorious Empires Mod and its community. A veteran of the mod, he together with Jkun, Artemas, Slithzerikai, knighttemplar and other progressive users stood at the van of the defense of the mod and its community against malicious Deeist-backed trolls such as Sgt. Mike and psyl0cibe, against security threats to the forum and mod in general through the Ban Hammer Manor and other ways of defending the mod and its community. He has made clear that he opposes politics, as has the great Empires League which enjoys years of history. It is the Deeist clique which promotes politics, which has a “Butthole” subforum that seeks to denigrate the Blackhole and to promote purely political discussions. It is “King” Empty who bestows titles of “Prime Minister,” “Duke,” “Count,” “Lord,” “Viscount,” etc. on his agents and underlings. It is Chris0132, WalMartGreeter, Dubee and others who talk politics and who promote degeneracy in all fields. Led by scientific-materialist analysis, the League will always struggle consistently against politics, against furries, against animé and all other degenerative activities.

(1) Mr D. Collected Works Vol. V. 2011. p. 19."

king empty? just a dev.
    "Deeists", anyone who disagree with him or think he is nuts. Dee is a random forum mod.
    note that this is from "Mr D. Collected Works Vol. V. 2011. p. 19." PAGE FREEKIN 19. we are talking A4's here lol.

and if my memory serves me right he had volumes that were 50+ pages.

Anyho, congrats to the sequal devs. You took in a literally insane person into the crew.

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

You just know he's rubbing one out at the prospect of another year or two of noteriety by a hadnful of salty old gamers in an obscure corner of the internet.
    Good on ya you fruit loop.

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  11. Neoony

Neoony Member

Mrdie in action xD :
    [​IMG]

12. duke

Who the hell has the time to write all that? Literally walls of text.

13. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

My posts in suggestions tend to run that long... and that was when I was actually playing empires all the time. :(

Point is, it's really just a 1000 monkeys at typewriters banging that out.

14. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

You know that guy that we've all been warning you of getting in touch with? That's the guy. That guy has that much amount of time. ;)

Neoony and Xyaminou like this.
  15. Neoony

Neoony Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  16. Zekezor

Zekezor Member

https://theempiresleague.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/bulletin-25/
    *AHEM*
    Lets take a look at some parts of one of the bulletins from june 2012.

"The glorious history of Mr D, his firm intellect, his resolute stands and high standards, his love for the whole community and his skills in various fields, have left an indelible impression on this community and have boosted him, through his own merits, as one of the foremost individuals within said community."
    xD
    "Mr D is a popular user, a user whom many have looked at and read his works to understand what is to be done within the community. Great works have been written about Mr D, by the users and by respected members of the community. Even songs have been written about him by his friends and foes alike. Intellectual pursuits were valued highly in the community of 2005-2006, with Mr D at the head of such acts. The Buttery Lobster once questioned “what happened to the ‘Random Fact of the Day’” thread, noting, “Didn’t Mr D start that?”(3) Yes he did, but the Deeist clique sought to destroy without success all the glorious words of Mr D, his mass-based appeal, his popularity amongst the masses and his connection with them. Mr D’s knowledge of history, of scientific materialism, of dialectical and historical materialism are foremost in the whole community. Many have learned of Mr D’s views and his knowledge, have become amazed but have never been talked down to by Mr D, who said simply to read, to learn and to apply scientific-materialist methodology consistently in the service of mankind. This does not derive from metaphysics or sentimentalism, but from the concrete and objective material conditions, from a proper understanding of them from a correct angle."
    xD
    "As M has said, “The Deeists praise the British Monarch much like a great many Deeists praise Japan; for both cultures are degenerate, for both produce elitism, xenophobia, personalism, and other anti-democratic and objectively anti-human trends.”(3) Monarchism is thus a Deeist principle, wholly compatible with its personalist and all-around degenerate core. The Deeist clique seeks to embody the “highest” principles of European reaction, from the pro-Mosley stands of Dee to the Polish peasant mentality of Mootant, from the fascism and xenophobia of Solokiller to the anti-Americanism of Trickster, Devourawr, “King” Empty and Co. The struggle against monarchism is therefore a component part of the struggle against Deeism itself."
    xD

and lets not forget the moment where the very much banned mrdie decided to represent empires for an interview
    http://hlfallout.net/topic/70643-empires-source-mod-interview/
    Naturally over time the interview became about his blackhole movement lol

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

God Bless the Queen! Long Live the Queen!
    Burn poor people for fuel!

Ranger and w00kie like this.
  18. duke

Eat a bunch of cake or something!

w00kie likes this.
  19. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Duke, good luck with your new project.

My experiences with MrDie confirm what has been said before; he's crazy and should be ignored. Giving him attention, as this thread does, only fuels him to do what he does; contact all your friends and family to spew nonsense about Deeists ruining the mod.

Thread closed.

D.D.D. Destroyer, Neoony and w00kie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.