What came first, Empires or Equilibrium?

Discussion in 'General' started by duke, Sep 18, 2017.

1. duke

duke Former Developer (BE Creator)

2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

If you're re-thinking the design of the BE flag for your remake, I'd recommend a logical explanation rather than a sudden change in flag design.

Change the story up a bit so that, perhaps, some rogue group within the Brenodi High command went rogue and took down the monarchy to establish a Despot who instituted new flags. Hell, in a campaign you could even make this the first mission where you are the assassin to take down the queen as they celebrate victory over Jekotia which then sends the continent back into war. I think that'd be a cool opening to a campaign. Doesn't require much in terms of backstory knowledge but if people delve into it they can learn about the previous Empires games and their very very loose "campaign"/story. Perfect for the people who care about the story, and an interesting cool new story for people just jumping into it that isn't a rehashed "Fight the Empire!" ordeal since both sides would be "The Empire" and you could make it so the black and white of combat/war is totally unnoticeable.

The Brenodi Despot (Who institutes a new flag) vs (New faction name that is fighting for old Brenodia/the old empire?).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  3. duke

duke Former Developer (BE Creator)

4. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

@duke Is it really a problem if just the vectors match but the colors and ornaments (for lack of a better word) are different? Also Empires is a game not a video solution.

5. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

I saw this movie a year or two ago and wondered the same thing lol

6. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican