Hi friends

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by communism, Jul 19, 2017.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It's more like, there is no activity anywhere right now. Just take a peek at steamcharts.

2. MegaMLGgaming

MegaMLGgaming Member

Well it is that time of the year, everybody is busy af especially collage students and high schoolers.

Hopefully some will pass by during the winter break, i know i will

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

im around, just too lazy to log in. theres nothing to post about. its not fun to post in the politics topic anymore because its only one guy now and hes really dumb.
    theres no use posting in any gameplay topics because the changes are already set in stone and no amount of complaining fixes it

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  4. D.D.D. Destroyer

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

what we used to call a developer is now pretty much someone who circlejerks terrible opinions in a semi-private chatroom called hipchat while ignoring people ingame and on forums.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

w00kie likes this.
  7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

No, but from what I've seen(not exactly here but in any game community) if no one says anything along the lines of why something isn't or is happening people get disillusioned incredibly fast. You can usually see this effect basically anytime thexa or tama makes a post of game development for empires, most of the time at least. People generally have a "well ok then". At least in anything that doesn't regard gameplay balance, because everyone has their own ideal version of that.

That said, we also hope their reason is somewhat decent and not just because "I felt like it". Then it feels exactly like what complete said.

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Thank the new management team for killing empires/forums
    1. Completely dicking over empires with shitty updates. 10/10 vehicle double crosshair ( worst shit since removing targets )
    2. Being half assed forum managers who only seem to swim around in their only cesspool of oppinions and historically influencial iqless turds
    3. Destroyer trying to deflect arguments by being proffesor PHD in semantics. Cause if your semantic aint right your idea aint right 10/10

mrmeow likes this.
  9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

This might be too serious for a thread in off-topic, but this is something I wanted to say.

Let me analyze the reasons why our current population is shit.
    People tend to look at just one reason and then blame everything onto that reason.

But come on, our current hell population is caused by many reasons.
    The order does NOT mean importance.

1: Regular events.
    If you've been regularly checking steamchart like me.
    You'd notice this.

Around 4~5 months ago, before our population started diving. The population chart was like this:
    [​IMG]
    It's a shame that Steamchart does not keep "detailing" population chart from 4 months ago, but I am pretty sure people who've been checking steamchart can confirm this.

Around that time, we started to have some regular events.

Now? It's like this.
    [​IMG]
    The peaks are weekends.

Regular events DO create awesome games during weekend, I am not denying this.
    But events do NOT attract people to create equally awesome games during weekday, instead, people wait for awesome games to happen during weekend.

When the "regular events" have went on for months, people started thinking : Meh, I don't have to play this week, it's going to happen next week anyway.

And then? People started skipping events.

So what do we have? People don't show up during weekday because awesome games will happen during weekend, and EVERY weekend, so people don't have the motive to play every single week.

2: Too much politics around here.

I am not saying I am not part of the politics, but still, it's a major reason.

People disagreed to agree to disagree, people started calling names, the emotion got big and then people realized that they don't have to put up with assholes.
    So people left.

3:Crashes, serious bugs and other problems with the game.

I cannot say the crashes, serious bugs and other problems don't have any negative effect on the population.

But I have to emphasize, I am not blaming our active programmers.

The reason is simple : Empires is an awesome building with an absolutely terrible base.
    A lot of the serious bugs and crashes we see now, are caused by the terrible base.

You can't really blame on the people who joined to take out the trash.

There, that's pretty much why we are sitting in hell.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  10. D.D.D. Destroyer

I feel obliged to add seeders to that list. For the longest of times we've had a few dedicated people (Creeper, Vicki, Scrat) sitting in spec, either AFK or idling, pointing newcomers to maintained servers. Sure, a lot of us don't care for a person or two essentially raising their hours played counters, but that was enough for a sizeable amount of newbies and some veterans to join in and goof around until enough players joined up to have some basic games. And once you hit that threshold of being able to play Empires, more and more people stick around, and more and more people join up (assuming the time of day is right), and the ball starts rolling. That's no longer a thing, so it's hard to get past the initial hurdle that scares off a lot of veterans and newbies alike.

vipervicki likes this.
  11. complete_

complete_ lamer

the fucks with these charts you made commies thread all gay n shit

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

They are contained in point 2.

But yes this deserves a special mention.

vipervicki and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  13. duke

duke Former Developer (BE Creator)

IMO the game is pretty stable. I've been playing it a fair bit and not once has it crashed. I'm working on a youtube video competition which I hope to launch in December which should get more people playing.