The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

just a quick aside: i think its funny @D.D.D. Destroyer is liking posts about free speech when his own political party outlawed mentioning polish complicity in the jewish holocaust~~~

(nuclear looks really nice now btw)

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Saying that party is mine in any capacity is false. I have never voted for the currently ruling party in any capacity. I even goofed during the last presidential election and voted for the other guy by accident. Saying it's mine is like saying UK tories are Oddity's party.

Also, I dunno about outlawing mentioning polish complicity (which obviously happened to some extent), the vast majority of people and outlets I follow are more concerned about calling death camps located in Poland "polish". Which is false in every way save for their geographical location.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

You said you were somewhat right wing so i assume you'd casted your vote for the right wing party. my mistake. but at least you meant to cast your vote for the president

outlawing mention of "polish death camps" is a way of minimizing involvement and is used for campaign fodder since its completely unenforceable (since the "problem" is mainly in the usa)
    heres a primer on it:
    http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/news/1.717183

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

(Disclaimer: I won't sub to haaretz to dig through their articles)

If you want to truthfully portray polish involvement, talk about Kielce or Jedwabne (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedwabne_pogrom) or other places that I'm sure saw similar action.* Not by bending the descriptions of death camps.

*This is before we go into the problem of who was responsible for instigating and organising these events. A quick read showed me that it wasn't a purely Polish job.

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

i can read the article just fine... the only other one mentioned inside the article that i wanted you to see was this one: http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/news/1.714352
    but if you cant read it, whatever. i was mostly just mentioning the free speech side of it anyways... (since this is in the context of american politics)

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

I apologise for being vague there. I can read the article you linked fully, but couldn't read one of the ones linked within it. As you said, it's largely irrelevant.

As far as I'm concerned, free speech means that you can say whatever you want, and that you suffer the consequences of your words, whatever they may be. In the case of "Polish death camps", that'd be slander charges :rolleyes:

7. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

This. Hence it's ok for the local govt. to give Nazis permits to parade. I simply feel that forcibly draining their brain fluid is an apt response from the general public.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

The big problem you lads arent seeing or mentioning is that if trump took and iq test it'd be below 100. Also he's an egomaniac who feeds of attention and appraisal. Also a serial liar, hypocrit and all round village idiot who got rich by accident ( read parents )

9. Paradox

Also pretty sure trump is being a fascist with all his judiciairy personel firing etc

10. Space_Oddity

He also has a tiny dick.

11. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

Not true. Your urinal peeking skills were deceived by his disproportionately HUGE hands.

Also... this...

[​IMG]

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  12. Space_Oddity

13. Paradox

Just want to point out giving out an infographic and not explaining how they calculated the iq iss silly. They, wrongly, calculated the 156 based on the schools he went instead of him actually taking a standardised iq test. However you might need to read this for the full explanation: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-donald-trumps-iq-heres-7983558.
    Explains why the 156 is wrong lol.

Its like me saying nowaf is in the top 20 empires players cause he played in an organised pug.

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I don't need to read the Mirror to know that graphic is wrong.

15. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

I trust it more than this shit:

[​IMG]

16. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Let's just all believe whatever we want and let history decide who was right. The good old fashioned way.

18. Space_Oddity

Ok it was believable trollage until he wheeled out the flat earth shit.

19. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

You guys are just too young to remember that they've pulled this bullshit before. When I was in school the worlds oil supply was going to have run out by 2020 and we were all going to be fried by this thing called the hole in the ozone layer.... And before Al Gore there was this other chap called Captain Planet who performed exactly the same function... he just worked up fewer air miles doing it.

20. Space_Oddity