[SM Plugin] Draft Pick

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Mikleo, Apr 19, 2017.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Add elevator music, very smooth low sounding music so people can talk over it.

2. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

Yea I will try and make a setting where server owners can add a bit of music too it. I won't specify my own it will be up to server owners what it is.

3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

This sounds good.

4. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

Changed the way the modes work see OP for details.
    Added Music and the dp_music cvar to disable it when necessary.
    The plugin can now use empstats to autodraft teams. However make sure you have the latest version of empstats or this could cause issues.
    Added dp_pickmax, which will autopick players after a certain number. [Needs testing]
    saveteams, loadteams and swapteams should now work when draft is not being used.

There are a lot of changes in this so there are bound to be some issues. Please let me know asap.

Neoony likes this.
  5. Neoony

Neoony Member

Ok, I thought of making a separate "team management plugin" for "save / load team functions" for "not a PUG" matches.
    Or swap at start of next round.
    But if it works fine from your plugins, or "fits" it then I guess its fine :P

But I personally think such features should be a separate plugin.
    As there could be more features added, in a more neat way...
    Or I guess you can rename the plugin into "team management"
    Which is kinda the same problem I had with NCEV and when the features kinda want to get out of the comm phase...
    ...but whatever way you go :P

Just saying :P

6. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

I generally consider the draft plugin to be a "serious game" / "pug" plugin which has a bit broader scope than the name implies. It has some anti ghosting features etc. In a sense though I would call it a team management plugin.

The main reason I like having those features in the draft plugin is because I need them anyway. It saves and loads players who may not be in the game but have been drafted. If there was a separate plugin I would still need to keep them as like !savedraftteam and !loaddraftteam. Also if someone else implemented the generic version it would likely have an incompatible format. This way it's just one command to remember with the same format etc.

I'm probably going to change things up so the !reloadteams function will work without draft as well.

Just like you can !loadteams league 1 to load and swap the teams you could !reloadteams 1 to load the last teams and swap them, whether it was draft or not, without having to save them previously.

Another thing I'm thinking about at the moment is allowing admins to set captains during autodraft modes. It wouldn't be a separate stage or anything, it just means that these two players will be guaranteed to be on separate teams for example to guarantee you get a comm on both teams.

Also the ability to setdraftteam before the draft has begun in captain drafts. I'm thinking there could be events in the future where maybe two captains have some lieutenants, they know the map, they can prepare strategies. And then they go into the game they are made captain and their lieutenants are put on their team. They can then choose players from there and explain their strategy to their team during the comm vote time. Something like Empires Fight Night: Paradox vs Mr.x bo3.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Neoony likes this.
  7. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

!reloadteams now works without draft enabled
    use !reloadteams 1 to swap the teams which have been saved
    likewise use !loadteams test.txt 1 to do the same.

!setdraftteam changed to !setteam, I also made it work without draft. It works differently to how the teamswitch plugin works. ChangeClientTeam could cause issues when players are in teams or when you change to spec. !setteam just disables autobalance or speclock for a microsecond if its enabled to let a player in the team.

Also you can now use setteam before a draft. This means that maybe each team has some lieutenants who can be added to a team before the draft. Maybe you want an autodraft to have certain commanders, just set their team before the draft begins.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Neoony likes this.
  8. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

Just some hud text which tells you draft mode is enabled and what stage it is.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Neoony likes this.
  9. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

changed !squadmode to !squadlimit which lets you set a limit on the number of players in a squad.
    Added !rankedmatch, which enables ranked play with a variable squad limit based on player numbers. Current limits are >16 2 man >28 3 man > 40 4 man.

D.D.D. Destroyer and Neoony like this.
  10. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

Bug Fixes
    New music

Neoony and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  11. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

Ranked Match Information

Ranked matches are games where the teams are decided by the matchmaking system. The result of ranked matches also affects your MMR, league and rank.

To get started you must first join NF to indicate that you are interested in playing, the teams are selected from this pool of players.

Above your rank information in the bottom left of the screen is the maximum number of players in a squad. This varies depending on the number of players in the pool. If you wish to play with friends you can join a squad with them the same way you would join squads in game. This ensures you will play in the same team as them.

During this stage the "Commander vote ends" timer actually represents when the teams will be decided. The timer will reset to normal when this happens.

When your team is selected you cannot change teams. Your MMR is affected depending on whether you abandon your team or whether your team goes onto win or lose.

As well as on the HUD during the selection phase, you can also see your rank with the !rank and !commrank commands. You can also use !top rank to see how you compare to other players.

Current Squad Player Limits
    <15 players: No Squads
    >=15 players: 2 Player Squads
    >=25 players: 3 Player Squads
    >=35 players: 4 Player Squads

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Neoony likes this.
  12. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

bug fixes.
    A new overlay for ranked mode.
    !rmi command which shows the above information
    forceautoassign is now used prevent player confusion about being assigned a random team after the draft.

Neoony likes this.
  13. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

fixed bug where !setteam wouldn't work
    fixed bug where ending rankedmatch sometimes kept forceautoassign on
    rmi now sends clients to a blank page before loading page to prevent the same domain issue.

I was hoping to add a !teambalance admin command which would balance the player numbers in teams. i.e. just move some players from the team with most players to the team with the least. Semi randomly, semi based on MMR. But I didn't have time for that.

14. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

There were several issues I noticed on Saturday.

1. !setteam was still broken, probably because I didn't take forceautoassign into account.

2. Some players seemed to not be able to spawn without rejoining their team from spec. This may be a game bug or it may be due to a fallback I added a while ago. Basically sometimes the game fails to make players rejoin their team so I force teamswitched them after a couple of seconds from when they joined. Force teamswitching in empires is like the plague and I try to avoid it because it tends to break things. So I'm switching that to the safer alternative the way setteam works.

3. Players rejoining teams often went to the wrong team. Probably because I didn't take autobalance into account.

If there are any other issues you notice please post them in this thread.

I think the !teambalance command should switch the most recent joining players to the team with the least players. That seems more a lot more fair, they haven't been playing with the team from the start so they are not as invested.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017