[SM Plugin] Squad Control

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Mikleo, Apr 5, 2017.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

What can I say, I'm a real talker. Admittedly, most banter happens over voice chat, but still.

2. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Just make it so it's any teamchat message that does the (commander) thing.

3. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

/move @[squad] [coordinates] for commanders before round started. Players switching between squads should pick up the these type of orders for the squad they joined. @all can also be used.
    Commander objectives.
    Squad chat sound louder and also plays with a squad lead vote.
    Commanders now by default get the comm chat sound and message when using team chat. You can put a space before your message to bypass.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Neoony and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

is it possible to give admins the ability to set squadlead?

5. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

I did consider it briefly but I decided the mechanic could and would be abused. I don't see why admins should get any special privileges to control squad leaders which would give them advantages over teams without admins and advantages against regular players. I just see really bad things happening if that feature was ever implemented and I don't want to be responsible for that.

6. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

It now tells you who promoted you in the squad leader alert.
    Objective text shows closer to the middle of screen at start to make it more noticeable, then moves back to top(d.d.d's suggestion)

Neoony and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  7. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

All bind commands removed and the autobind because they no longer work.

Currently due to latest patch the squad voice and comm voice do not work and the home menu isn't bound for new players.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  8. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

Useful binds

Console Option
    Type the following in console, replacing the [key] with whatever key you want to use. Remember that if you use the key anywhere else in your config the binding will be overwritten. I recommend binding to keys not usually used if your are unsure about this. examples include home, ins, end, pgdn, pgup. Look here for more keys: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Bind

Config Option
    Add the following to your empires/cfg/autoexec.cfg replacing the [key] placeholder. if your in a game type "exec autoexec.cfg" in console after adding it.

bind [key] sc_requestmenu
    Here you can easily request squad lead or buildings, the commander receives an alert sound and a full message including coordinates.

bind [key] sc_slvotemenu

A much easier way of voting for squad lead. You press the key and receive a menu of all the players you can vote for. 1 is always yourself.

bind [key] sc_mainmenu
    The old home menu that you may still have bound if you played earlier this year. Includes unstuck, recycling walls and most of the functions in this plugin.

bind [key] emp_eng_recycle_walls
    If you want a direct bind to recycling walls

Voice Binds
    Must be done using the config option. Add the following to your empires/cfg/autoexec.cfg replacing the [key] placeholder. if your in a game type "exec autoexec.cfg" in console after adding it.

Squad Voice
    Talk to your squad members only

Comm Voice
    Talk to the commander only, or reply as commander.

All Voice
    Talk to everyone on server, Only usable to non admins when sc_allvoice is set to 1.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Neoony and Xyaminou like this.
  9. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

Added the cfgs above for squad voice etc and removed old references in the op.

Neoony and Xyaminou like this.