[UI] A way to see acquired research for non-Commanders

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Awpolt, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Hi folks,

I think it would be helpful if there was a way to see what the Team has researched. This could prove useful, for example, in assuring that proper research is being conducted. We can see what is currently being researched but there is no Research Tree history log for non-Commanders.

Cheers.

BigTeef, D.D.D. Destroyer and Neoony like this.
  2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Like a list of weapons and armor. We don't need to see all the path's unlocked. Just Engine, Armor, Weapons.
    Ghetto solution is just letting infantry press the research tree hotkey and browse.

3. Neoony

Neoony Member

Shouldnt be hard to do with SM.
    Might look into it soon :P

Xyaminou likes this.
  4. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

I did try to do something like that a while ago but I don't think it's possible.. I don't see a way with SM to display that element, correct me if I'm wrong. Sure you can easily see what has been researched and display a long comma separated list of research names when you type !research. But I mean just looking at the vehicle build GUI is easier than that. Probably best for the devs to keep in mind for the future.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  5. Neoony

Neoony Member

SM menu?

Thats what I had in mind

or if its in chat...simply one message per research
    and then you can just check chat history

if not, then I might go as far as making it visual (pictures) and open motd for it.
    Which would also be awesome for learning research tree, for newbies or even vets.

Vehicle GUI doesnt show many other upgrades/researches.
    It also takes many clicks.

Mainly I want to know if we researched some of the Gren upgrades or not.

Of course, this would all be better done by the game, not SM ( like everything else xD )

EDIT:
    oh also, you can show it in the console...which I might actually also add as default, even if I do it some other way mainly...as it might be the best way to see all entries at once

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  6. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

Oh sorry I thought you meant actually displaying the research panel for non commanders. That's what i tried to do to no avail. But yea you can recreate the tree in a menu or just present a list of items.

7. Neoony

Neoony Member

Oh didnt even think of that. xD
    Would be awesome for that to be possible though...even just for commander if he is already researching.

But that actual GUI would be really crappy for just quickly checking what is researched...as you would have to click through the whole thing, just to see what you got and what you dont.