Interested in Factorio?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Xyaminou, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I need a way to contact everyone without having to do invidual PMs, what do you guys prefer? Discord Channel or Steam Group? or both?

Edit: we probably need a discord channel for voice anyway, so here we go: https://discord.gg/jd4PPvt

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

Oktay Yuoki tech tree is most outdated and require older versions of yuoki core and engine addon and that mostly f-ck up my game to level where i NEED to get them off wide game error when launching saying i need kill those mods off. Well i cheesed a lot in campaign bitters alone with just turret spam on vanilla. I could manage that i think it could use some nice buffs.

Well if i gonna finish my mod package i could send to you Mr.X by dropbox link if you want to check them.

3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

So, I checked out some of the mods you guys suggested, here it is:

Advanced Machines: Already taken care of with bob's mods, we got plenty of tiers.
    Angel's Triggers:
    • Infinite Ores: I don't know, I like Infinite Ores, although they can get OP with all the other mods. What do you think?
    • Acid Override: No, I like more acids and stuff.
    • Show Converter Recipe: I don't really know what that does. We already have a mod for recipes and usage.
    • Refining Productivity: No, that would just get insane.
    Bio Industry: I feel like it's already taken care of by bob's greenhouse and angel's bio processing
    Clock: Sure, why not.
    Color Coding and More Floors: What about Dectorio instead?
    Factorissimo: No, then you would just build everything inside those buildings.
    Large Chest: We already have warehouses and stuff from angel's and bob's.
    Resource Overhaul Mod: I wouldn't mind having that but I don't know anything about it, looks complicated to configure. You need to teach me.
    Tankwerz: No, we already have more tanks from bob's mods.
    Vanilla-loaders: No, I don't really like the idea of loaders, kind of defeats the point of inserters.
    Yuoki's mods: No, Martin said it causes problems.

Have I missed any?

4. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

@Xyaminou
    Infinite ores module is mostly used with RSO, you can setup that starting resources are spendable and new found one have small batches of inifinte ore, but if you don't want that, i have nothing against it.
    Acid override, show converter, refining productivity are if i remember old switches for mod options, they are obsolete, my bad placing them into pack, i tought they were important.
    Bio industry gives if i remember alternative fuel made of wood and cooperate with angels refining, bob's one is simplistic
    Factorissimo is for people who plays in very agressive biters settings so when you are out of space, you can still handle it. It adds a little of making things smaller later, like compare old phones and computers with todays smartphones and laptops. Maybe a little OP but sometimes it can be handy and less annoying.
    Large Chest i put only because my Polish friends requested it, i don't really care if it pass or not. i use this package to play with them.
    Tankwerkz gives light tanks, good early combat units and some other tier-ish tanks.
    Vanilla-loaders are again, my friends request, i don't mind.

And about RSO. It looks hard to setup but really, i leaved a lot of those settings default. maybe 3-4 options need to change, rest is okay, like if something is too often and easy to get, we can modificate it if there would be next try or something.

5. Oktay

Oktay Member

Sadly there is no yuoki mod in the server but if MartinPL says is buged and causes problems than i have no problem with it atlest we have than a stable mod pack and that is the first
    priority
    . any way i just want to tell you guys we should make now the mod pack and Mr X Should post a link here and in our discord group and try to join in a server so we can look if there is any problem and maybe change some settings for the best gameplay. Empire leageu 3 is near and lets test it before the 3rd round starts so we can play it on sunday

6. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Mods

IP: 86.208.208.243
    PW: empires

7. Wired_4fun

Wired_4fun Member

Congrats X, you've created the most cancerous autistic Factorio modpack I've seen. Angel's + Yuoki + Bob, fuck set it to marathon on a death-world too why don't you.

Don't expect tier 2 circuits any time soon.

Kidpaler and Paradox like this.
  8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

The mods just make the game so shit.
    Why would you have transport industry use electrical output mass instead of fossilfuel burning?
    Also its kinda dumb that you need ecological windmill computing to finish that last part in your energy tech composition. Fuck this man

9. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Always such a valuable input Wired, thank you.

If you don't like it, don't play it, nobody is forcing you.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017