UK General Election June 8th 2017!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by McGyver, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Allahu Akbar?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2017.
  1. Ja

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

It's because she's also a cunt.

thatjpg.jpg

[​IMG]

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

In some constituencies it's better to vote Lib Dem rather than Labour. Also true for the opposite even if you agree with the other party. Vote swapping is quite common here due to the way politics works here (as in, you live in a Lib Dem/Tory marginal seat but want to vote Labour, so you find someone who lives in a Labour/Tory marginal seat that votes Lib Dem and you swap your votes).

If only the Torys swapped all their votes for Maidenhead and just had the 1 seat like they deserve. One can dream.

3. Space_Oddity

I got to vote directly against Chairman May. Felt good.

Voting against the Tories is one thing, non-tactical endorsement of the lib dems is pants on head retarded.

4. Deiform

Deiform Member

Meh, they ain't that bad.

5. Space_Oddity

They're an unnecessary fracture in the left.

6. Deiform

Deiform Member

Under FPTP, yeah.

7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Or maybe they think we'd be safer of we stop terrible foreign policy decisions that push the pendulum and if we better fund our police.

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

GG, Terrorists win. Corbyn went up in polls after each attack.

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Don't worry mate, I'm sure you can rely on the DUP to pickup the slack.

10. Space_Oddity

FPTP seems to be benefiting the Tories less and less with each election so we might see the end of if.

And anyone with a vagina should be terrified of the DUP having power.

11. Space_Oddity

Did this start off as some ironic internet charicature that ending up overwriting your actual identity? It's pretty hard to pin down what the fuck you are.

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

No doubt the DUP are Fucking Awful. I wonder how low they'll stoop.

As great as it was to see May looking like someone shat in her cornflakes as she stood quivering and confused next to Lord Buckethead, this is still looking like a total disaster.

13. Space_Oddity

14. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

So is this a good thing or a bad thing for you guys?

15. Space_Oddity

2nd best outcome.

Best outcome would be a minority Conservative government with no way of making a coalition. That way they would take all the blame for the Brexit fallout whilst not being able to enact any of their fascist bullshit.

This outcome has allowed them to form a govt. majority with the DUP, religious extremists on the far right in Northern Ireland. This means they will still take the blame for Brexit, Theresa May will be ousted but they will still be able to make policy.

If Corbyn had won or formed a govt. then social democracy would be fucked. Not based on his ability or views but on the basis that whoever is in power during Brexit will be considered responsible for everything that happens. Considering it's already a trainwreck, bullet dodged.

inb4 Boris Johnson for PM.

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I guess, but I'm not particularly looking forward to being presided over by Boris Johnson and some offshore bible bashing head cases.
    And the kicker is if it went to a second referendum brexit probably wouldn't even pass.

17. Space_Oddity

Hopefully the Tory left will out number the DUP. Remember that the Conservatives are half libertarians.

18. Space_Oddity

19. Deiform

Deiform Member

I've been reading up on my Irish politics and if I'm right then I think we're heading for another immediate general election. The Northern Irish Assembly is tied between nationalists and unionists. In this case Westminster has to take control for the period until the next election but under the Good Friday Agreement they have to remain completely impartial or risk breaching it. If the DUP prop up a Tory government like they're saying they will then Westminster would no longer be impartial and therefore they're risking restarting a war between the IRA and the unionists or losing in supreme court when Sinn Fein inevitably takes them there and end up losing a vote of confidence in the House of Commons.

Since there aren't enough seats without the Irish to form any minority government, Tory or Labour, then I don't see how we can avoid another general election. But maybe I'm missing something because the media isn't talking about it or haven't realised that Westminster needs to take control of the NI Assembly and will be breaching the GFA.

20. Space_Oddity

Media aren't talking about it because the Tory higher-ups are refusing interviews. Word on the street is GE2017mkII this Autumn.