Empires League Game #1 3rd of june - 20:00 BST - 19:00 UTC - 13:00 PST - 16:00 EST

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, May 6, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 06/03/17
  1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

This was one of the key points flasche made in his ruleset he wrote out for the purposes of leagues and stuff. Guess what happened to that. Or all the player number issue rules. Or the game details announcement rules.

Then again, why are we even talking about rules if the player commitment wasn't there. Going off for a meal in the middle of a "serious" game? We had a guy raging because he couldn't play due to a last second issue, yet there were folks who just went "welp food time, i'm out, peace".

Also, our squad pushing down the main island coast on round 1 was terrible. We got bogged down, flanked from two sides, cut off from vehicle support, had little space for any building support, and barely managed to threaten either of the two neighboring refineries. But hey if it had a psychological effect, i I guess it worked?

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

What was your tactic the first game? Cause I didnt see it. You guys never tried anything? It was basicly standard empires front fighting.

3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

2 squads were assigned to the hill to keep you off the nomans land, from what I recall, while one squad was to push with vehicle support and another on the far island. None of this happened because we were pushed out of all spots with us unable to put up almost any resistance.

It's easy for you to say "You had no tactics" because you steamrolled us and there was very little that could be done.

I have no idea why it was paused so much other than X just wanting to pause it to talk to his team, which I think is a BIG no no. I don't care if it's your server and you want to pause it. 300 seconds. That's all you get.

You managed to make all of us on the hill worry and freak out about us getting flanked. Then when you guys, or whoever it was, managed to get to our main there was a bunch of worry and the hill was overran shortly after that. Once the hill was lost, it was GG, but that was going to happen no matter what because your team was raping us from no mans.

The game was super unfun. Lots of people probably won't be showing up with how shitty it went for Jekotia. I'd even go as far to say as the second round was worse than any PUB game I've played in the last month.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

We only managed to get up the hill as the second or third wave after another squad(s) made the push. Basically when all you had left was the northeast.

But yeah game 2 was a stomp. Then again, how could you possibly contest plays like this one where I save Spartacus?

5. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Whatever the case is, I will be steering clear from the future league events because it was just such a shitty experience for me. If anyone asks how it went, I'm of course going to tell them I'm not going to anymore and I'd steer clear. I think PUG's are more fair and most PUB games are.

6. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

Okay i gonna give my point from this mess. I know some people don't gonna agree, but right now, with this low morales i think nobody gives a sh-t.

When i joined to this league i tough people gonna be, like really sportsmanship and try to actually give the best and try to take whatever outcome will be, showing me i'm a beginner and i gonna learn a lot from those matches about empires.
    I'm totally wrong. Rage quits, annoyance and first round steamroll due stacking and quick tactics planning, people with altitude "Yeah, what possible go wrong" or "I only want fun, fuck you all" make me totally regret even participate in it... No matter which side.
    A lot of pauses, screams who belongs where, like f-king kids in playground. Now what i see is some people from BE feeling like stereotypical rich kid from school that thinks he can say anything he wants on anybody and nobody can touch him. If you want to do that okay, you are officially that kind of guy... F-ck you!
    If people really want to act in-game like kids in playground i don't want to join next league or any kind of "league-ish" match at all. I'm come here to have high quality game, not kids official playground.
    Grows some balls and take defeat like man! HOLD THE FUCKING LINE COMRADES! STOP RAGE QUITING! If enemy have no respect to you, they are no more humans... they are soviets. Better be dead than red! Kill the reds!
    Other than that i want to say kudos to Naokip to have steel nerves to try contain our side mess and Spike for making this league a thing. Defeat in game isn't a sentence to death. It is occasion to fix the tactics and mobilize squads more to try play more careful against better players. If you want to throw meat at me, feel free to do it, i don't give a sh-t anymore, when some people act like kids in-game, calling everyone they suck. You people, deserve to being kick into balls for acting like that. Hold you f-cking nerves.
    And rules are rules, obey them or get lost. 300 seconds are 300 f-cking seconds! Brutal, but those are rules.

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  7. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I really shouldn't bother to reply to this but fuck it here we go...

First of all, there is no rule about 300 seconds, so whoever is claiming "oh you had 300 seconds to plan it's in the rules", no it's not you idiot.
    But most importantly, I fucking paused it for a reason, I was still administrating, replying to PMs and balancing the team. We had a teamswitch to balance in the last 30 seconds, I thought it'd be obvious why I paused it after the guy switched. But since it's not I'm going to lay it out for you. He had to install discord and join ours to be able to communicate with his squad.

So claiming I cheat a rule that does not exist when I'm administrating this fucking shit for you guys. Please go fuck yourself.

8. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Deal with the administration and the "PMs" beforehand then, you'd think that'd be the obvious thing to do. In 300 seconds you could have easily reduced tank numbers and such but you paused it. And it wasn't even a short pause to do that, it was, quite honestly, what felt like a forever. 10+ minutes I'd argue, if not 15. We sat there for the first 5 talking. After that people started getting angry in the chat just asking for it to start.

I also had to reinstall teamspeak, where was my pause? Oh that's right, we just went and I got in in time because 300 seconds is 5 minutes for you to do whatever you want beforehand since you should already have a strategy laid out. I could have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled in that time. I would not have needed the pause and I would have ample time for Naokip to explain to me "Our squad goes to E2".

Also, I'm not claiming you cheat a rule. I'm just bitching that 10+ minutes of sitting there doing absolutely nothing is horrendously unfun and turned me off from the experience.

Edit: I just went back over Teef's video and timed it. From 2:15:32 to 2:42:50 is HOW FUCKING LONG THE TIME TOOK TO START THE GOD DAMN GAME. THATS ABOUT 30 GOD DAMN MINUTES. NOTHING YOU ARE DOING TAKES 30 FUCKING MINUTES TO START A ROUND. I could fucking delete Empires and reinstall in that time. I could probably go refresh my god damn PC, reinstall Empires and get in in that time.

The whole time we were in intermission, and this was just the FIRST intermission mind you, was LONGER than the second round entirely and was 3/4th the time of the first round. NOTHING takes that long. The first round took about 40 minutes and the second round was right under 30. I came to play, not to wait. Then throw in the fact that there are stacked teams, why the hell should anyone wait 30 minutes just to get their ass raped?

Edit 2: Second intermission was about 20 minutes. A whole whopping 10 minutes better. Whats the excuse for that one cause I don't think someone was hopping on discord or you needed to set it up anymore.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  9. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

Yea it was stacked. Honestly I was expecting it to go a hell of a lot worse just from looking at the teams.

Was reasonably enjoyable from a Brenodi perspective, not really because it was stacked and we won but because people were actually working together and playing seriously.

But I mean just joining random steam groups is never going to make good teams. Frankly it was quite remarkable that people actually showed up and the teams were close to even in number. I was expecting more of a shit fest to get things balanced before the game even began. I'm still gonna see how it goes next week although I don't expect it to go further.

10. Paradox

Spike wants to ban me from the league because I kicked him from the game yesterday ( it was still paused on 300 sec left ), when he was being a racist towards me.
    Nice try spike. Showing your true colors.

11. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

lol Jekotians had Joy and Spriggals, all you had to do was support those 2 guys early game.

12. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

So, basically, "Lol, you had 2 great players so that should negate the fact we had a bunch more great players that dominated everyone else"

I didn't know us having 2 players now made it not a stack. Interesting. Also Joy quit before second round.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

Yeah and we had me, X/Paradox, Mikleo and Neoony. And that's before we get into what Security would call "top tier 2". We had (and still have) a big advantage in the player department.

14. Minato

Minato Member

It's probably overdue, but I would hereby like to thank team Jekotian for showing up and participating in the first league match and putting up with all my annoying notifications beforehand. Thank you all for doing your best, and I hope at least some of you had fun, or learned something from this experience.

Congratulations to team Brenodian for decisively winning the first game. Personally I believe that the disparity in individual player skill could be clearly felt for a good portion of both of the rounds, but you guys won fair and square.

As far as lag is concerned, I didn't have much trouble with it myself. It felt like a standard Empires match. But clearly when half the people who attended complain about lag and rubberbanding, something is wrong with the server.

I'll try my best to organize Team Jekotian for the second match this weekend, but no promises. And that's assuming the critical mass building up here doesn't end up bringing the house down.

Until next time, -NaokiP.

MartinPL likes this.
  15. Paradox

naokip 10/10 guy

16. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Blame 2.13 for the lag.

17. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Should I blame 2.13 for the 30 minute and 20 minute delay as well?

18. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think this was Spike's argument when he stacked this game : (Geesus christ this is like the 3rd time or 4th time I have to post this screenshot)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch0ijigxsrrpddo/2015-11-08_00003.jpg?dl=0

"I am not stacking, Security you are supposed to hard-carry your team"
    Up until I see Spike's reply NOW, I thought he's just trolling me back then, chances are he's serious, which is fucking amazing.

Now it's official, I will personally not participate any Spike-branded event from now on.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

What's Spike got to do with this right now though? Perhaps aside from staying as a third party and balancing teams by reassigning/removing players?