NF Light Tank 2017

Discussion in 'Art' started by Misfire, May 19, 2017.

1. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

I can't, YT says video is unavailable.

2. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

@MartinPL There's a long work flow from mesh build then all the way to the end of applied uv's, painting, and texture. If you change the base mesh, then work already done on uv's and painting is a redo. One way I see to ease this is to break the model down into as many sub models as possible. Then a change to one detail doesn't loose all the other work. However that method adds on some other work later on in the process when It's time to pull it all together to make the Empires in-game model.

I hope that answers the question, because I wasn't sure if I'm reading your comment correctly.

As for how this higher poly mesh was made.... manually using the super high poly original as a "tracing guide". It's not a cut and paste operation.

3. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

Hang on, let me recheck links and access details...

Retry again please. Appears all my text content had been deleted and access set back to private.

4. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

It says "the video is private" when i try and view it. If that helps :/

Also, a comparison with the existing one would be nice (unless that's already in one of these videos).

EDIT: that's better, i can see them now

5. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

@VulcanStorm Yeah, these are turntables of the existing models from the HL2 viewer.

6. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

I'm kind of surprised that in Megel's high poly, the fuel tank on the side is still so polygonal.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

Very sorry I did not see your post in that last topic. Destroyer pretty much covered all the points though
    I don't think you've played in a while because that is not the current jeep model nor texture
    here are current pictures of the jeep and apc:
    http://imgur.com/a/YqfcW
    as you can see, the jeep needs to be lighter + what destroyer said. the nf apc is of a higher texture quality/size, I believe and stays true to NF while having its own "new" look that also doesnt "look out of place." (the colors, the way the rust is represented. tires!)

8. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

Ah, thanks for pointing out there are two jeep models in the empires model folder.... nf_jeep and nf_jeep8.
    So here's an easy solution.... If jeep8 is the one we'd rather have in game, just rename the two. The one I show will play instead.
    If both are unliked, then we start working on a new version