This was not possible before 2.13 or 2.12

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xyaminou, May 15, 2017.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Meds can also slide underneath the CV and move it around.

Neoony likes this.
  2. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

You gotta admit that it was pretty funny though.

Also funny that spike rammed me under the CV with his own jeep.

Neoony and Xyaminou like this.
  3. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Always good to see the teams helping the other team from time to time! :D

Neoony likes this.
  4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, so even though the tanks have weight, they don't actually weigh anything when lifted up like that on another vehicle. Or to be more precise, a vehicle could carry a thousand cvs on top of it's back assuming none of the cv wheels are touching the ground. This isn't new either, I've had jeeps carry my heavy before, it was pretty funny going 100 kph in a heavy. I really couldn't say for certain why that is, and honestly I don't think the programmers here could shed too much light on that either because vehicle stuff is kinda black boxed in source engine, I still remember candles telling me a variable in the handling scripts which has a pretty big effect isn't mentioned anywhere in the code base.

I honestly think the ease at which people can get under the nf cv was increased when spartacus made it unturretable, like 2-3 years ago. Handling scripts hasn't changed at all really since then either I don't think. If you are talking about how the nf cv couldn't push back at all it only had half it's wheels touching the ground, meaning only half the power to move.

5. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

We have quite a bit of insight into how things are calculated for vehicles. I've started documenting stuff here: https://wiki.empiresmod.com/VehicleHandlingScripts

I do agree that I don't think this is the result of any recent changes, this is just how the physics engine works given the shape of the vehicles (flat tops because turrets and cannons are not collidable).

6. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

No, what's new is not that you can carry the CV, what's new is that you can lodge an AFV/APC or Imperial Tank between the wheels, that wasn't happening before, at least I've never seen it happen in my 10 years of Empires.

7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm saying when spart changed it so you couldn't turret the cv he basically widened the nf cv's wheel bases, which is probably allowing the vehicle to get wedged in there. The thing with the wheels is that what you see on the model isn't all that solid nor really how it works, the wheels can actually shift left and right, so I wouldn't be surprised if the physic wheels were pushed to the outside past the cv's model a bit, allowing the tank to actually get wedged in there.

For a bit more of a precise answer, that might really just have been the first time someone manged to hit force the vehicle under it just right and probably hard to replicate.

8. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

I was playing when this happend...
    I don't want to throw meat nor hate. All i want is knowing, why this is going on more and more....
    Random crashes without information what went wrong shattering stability of empires, sometimes (quite very rare, i just saw those 5 times on different maps) graphical garbage (it happens only in Empires, other source engine games work correct), physics being more and more wonky and of course people start to just hate that game is falling into chaos. I know devs don't sit on game 24/7 but still, if there is more and more garbage i think it should be alarming to form quickly bug hunt and ensure everyone being active in Empires forums go into beta and test it on weekends trying to fill all holes. We just sit in and discover new ways to broke the game and we have zero information if those issues gonna be fixed 'ASAP'. Additionally i see that people completely ignores that brenodi empire tech is suspicious weaker than Northern faction one. Engy smg is crap for burst or single, but nf one is like best smg ever invented, Heavy is nothing against 6ml + cannon (i saw that just 2 salvos is enough to make front 4 plated heavy be open to hull!! You can harass repair padding tanks!!)
    I starting to think, it is time to ditch again empires because i feel that even balance is not existing... There was times that both factions had dual cannons, not dual 3 ml slot for NF. Of course again, and again, some people or everyone gonna accuse i'm unexperienced and i know shit, but if i see something fishy going on, then i think it is time to just bail. Really i starting to not get fun from Empires but just salt and annoyance. This isn't the way i remember Empires being. :(

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Whatever you think, both faction's SMG1&SMG2 are virtually identical, 100%.

You could argue NF SMGs feel slightly better than BE SMGs, that's a reasonable illusion.

But saying BE SMGs are totally crap and NF SMGs are "best smg ever invented", basically shows how unreliable your sense is.

10. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

Then it is magic that i feel NF smg way better and Brenodi one just very close quarters one.

11. Ranger

Ranger Member

If the scripts are identical, as Security says, then the weapons' only difference is the model which does affect their performance at all. So, yes, it is an illusion.

12. Neoony

Neoony Member

Not a bug.
    Totally a feature. ;)

<3

...also, wrong forum :grinimp: xD

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Could we keep this?
    I think its kinda cool how you can kidnapp the CV.

14. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

It's a pretty good feature, put an apc under your cv and someone can drive it around while the commander focuses on commanding.
    Perfect for when doing one of those all in pushes.

BigTeef likes this.
  15. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Oh my fucking god I did not even think of that.
    That is genius.

Now if only we can do this with the brenodi CV.

LordDz_2 likes this.