[REQUEST]Some more Environmental props

Discussion in 'Art' started by Kidpaler, Feb 10, 2017.

1. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Cmon, I wanna see if he can do stuff or just posts links telling us to do stuff :)

2. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

To be honest I think I'm pretty much done with this engine. I don't really have the motivation to do anything with it.

3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I imagine if you can just model it in blender and then pass it off to someone else who can bring the model into Empires. That'd eliminate some of the headache for you and get us some decent props.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  4. Silk

Silk Mapper

Detail props offer some options, but has its limitations ... the max amount being the biggest if you want to use sprites. I wanted to add grass to liven up the huge terrain, but at the max amount of sprites the grass was still spread so much it looked shitty. I then tried bigger sprites which consisted of a line of "grass outcrops" which started to look decent, however this way they intersect and get displayed incorrectly (closest sprites behind the ones further away) and you get grass floating in the air on hilly terrain.

Grass sprite test i did years ago:

If you'd use models of bushes, or anything that isn't supposed to completely obscure the ground, it could be lovely, although those stick through the bottom floor of buildings.

5. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

It actually looks okay now, I did it on one of my maps and the grass is great except the distance at which it is drawn is extremely short. Luckily, thexa wants to add server variable to change the distance.

It going through the floor is fixed in the next update I think.