The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

I clearly attempts to define immigrants as the aggressors and Americans as the victims.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

The entire problem with @Kidpaler his train of though is that he doesnt understand why immigrants commit crimes and are SEEN as bad.

2 major reasons pop up.

1: LOW SES ( socio economical status ). People in low SES are more prone to break the law. Immigrants with low SES have the same criminal ratio has native with low SES.

2: Terror threat. The problem with this second major reason why immigrants are SEEN as bad is that its completely based on fear mongering instead of rational.

So how do you solve those 2 problems so immigrants moving to a certain country wont be seen as bad but as good.

1. Increase SES by having better integration guidance, better social support and all that jazz. ( note here that increasing SES is a really hard thing to do. But because SES is in general so bad in immigrant populations crime rates will be higher than in natives because of purely the SES and not the fact that they are immigrants )

2: Stop having idiot media, idiot politicians, idiot coverage, idiot people in general believe that the terror threat is this really big thing when its obviously not in comparison to litterally almost everything going from mass shootings, to car deaths, to alcoholic related deaths, to drug deaths, to diabetes deaths, to unvaccinated child death, to something as stupid as death by suffocating on a piece of food. All these above causes of death are exponentially higher, atleast 20 fold for the lowest which is choking on a piece of food.

Choking on a piece of food causes 700 deaths a year among elderly older than 65.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24003082

TLDR pure statistics and pure logics conclude that pure immigration, and immigrants arent the problem.

3. Space_Oddity

Facts can be used to prove anything.

4. Paradox

5. Space_Oddity

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

That is like the entirety of the USA, if you took all that away you'd just be left with a couple of NASA engineers and the math professors.

Looks like communism

7. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

You, once again, are diverging from the point I made to try to start an argument and are trying to prove a point to me on something I didn't even say. Quit trying to do this.

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with the video that was posted by Space Oddity saying "defend this" where it is talking about starting an agency to help out American's who are the victim of Immigrant crime. How does lecturing me on the obvious fact that people in low SES relate to this? How does your post relate to me saying that immigrants who commit a crime might be deported? Why are you lecturing me on the immigrant crime considering the only time I brought up crime was when I talked about what might happen to an immigrant if he does commit a crime?

Why can't there be an agency that helps out families who had an immigrant hurt them? I fail to see how this is hurting anyone because most likely that immigrant will be deported and the family won't get much. I didn't even say immigrants are bad in this.

Quit trying to start arguments because you want one. I said nothing that relates to any of this and you are coming in here and trying to "educate me" on this shit.

Seriously, evaluate what people have said before you come in here trying to start an argument where there wasn't one.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  8. Paradox

-> immigrants obviously migrate with the goal of hurting other people

This was the original post that started it to which I replied my entire thing about how people see immigrants as bad. You litterally are inplying here that immigrants come over not for a better life but with the sole purpose of hurting. That is seeing immigrants as bad.

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

To be fair, it's really hard t tell the difference between people we send guns and our friends. So difficult that we keep getting it wrong.

flasche likes this.
  10. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

No I am not. You are reading into that SO much.

I didn't generalize immigrants, I just said that the government agency could be setup to help people who are victims of immigrant crime. Nothing about immigrants are all coming here to hurt us, it was a general statement saying that those who ARE victims of immigrant crime should be helped. Did I say all immigrants come over to harm us? No. Did I say that immigrants are more prone to crime? No. Did I even say anything close to those two? No.

Quit reading into stuff to start arguments where there wasn't one.

11. Paradox

Its litterally what you said
    Idk what I can do besides quoting the exact words you said.

Its not because you say you didnt say it, that you didnt say it.
    I mean thats exactly what real life DT does lol.

12. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

You read my quote "Having the government looking out and protecting those whom elected them and whom they represent and getting rid of those who did not come here for opportunity and instead harm the citizens of the country?" as me saying that immigrants are purposely migrating here to hurt us. I don't think you understand what I was trying to say here.

Take a look at it. Let me break it down for you. "Having the government looking out and protecting those whom elected them", so in this sentence I highlight that I think it's the governments job to protect it's own citizens. Am I saying immigrants are bad? No. I am saying that I think the government should protect it's own citizens.

"whom they represent and getting rid of those who did not come here for opportunity and instead harm the citizens of the country?" Am I saying all immigrants are bad? No. Am I saying that some immigrants commit crime, like our own citizens commit crime? Yea. What happens to an immigrant if they do commit a crime? They can get deported. Do some immigrants come over here and commit violent crimes? Yes, yes some do and I understand why that can happen. Immigrants are good, so long as they are legal and law abiding. Nothing here was "anti immigrant" or me not understanding why crimes happen in their communities.

You turned it into anti-immigrant. In no way was that anti-immigrant. I was just stating that I think the government should protect it's own citizens, the one who elected them, over the one's whom are here illegally. If anything, you should have turned this anti-illegal immigrant because I stand by that.

Edit: I do admire LEGAL immigrants who come over here, wait their time, and leave most of their stuff behind to try to start a new life. That is very admirable.

13. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Everyone is just jelly they don't get to live in America and have Baby Ruth's and shit.

14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

lol the ingredients on the wiki-page, gross, nothing to be jelly about. we have zotter.

15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

[​IMG]
    is that candy still around? I am a snickers person myself

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Is this seriously advertising itself as being for "chocolate-hipsters"??

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its good chocolate though.

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

you know there is an institution for that already, it's called LAW ENFORCEMENT, they handle all crimes including crimes committed by immigrants.

19. Space_Oddity

How dare you make me agree with you.

This is now a chocolate thread. I present the greatest chocolate bar:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2017
    A-z-K likes this.
  20. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I'm particularly weak to a Reeses.

[​IMG]