The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

It looked like an argument cause you said something really stupid.

Im just going to quote them cause Ive explained why its stupid.

You give the actual argument that pro life people use, but you take a ridiculously idiotic argument pro abortion people never use as an argument they do use.
    Thats why I thought you were trying to counter argue

2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

They do use that argument... thats a problem with American politics. Since there are two parties, the farthest ones to the left use that argument and the ones to the right use the religious argument leaving moderates and people down the center the choice of basically killing babies or making a mother have no choice.

3. Paradox

They might use that argument, but the large majority doesnt. If I google pro choice and I cant find that argument in the first 3 sites you are not talking for the majority.

4. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Okay? Yea I agree. Neither side speaks for the majority but you don't vote on one issue.

5. Paradox

then dont go around using arguments only the extreme ones uses for one side and the average arguments for another. thats not cool

6. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

But, the politicians are the ones using these arguments... so I mean, yea I can use it so long as our elected representatives are using it.

7. Paradox

I thought your entire ideology ( trump ) was anti establishment, so why use establishment arguments which you have already deem idiotic.
    Just makes you look stubborn to be right even when you are obviously wrong by painting the politicians as the people just so you can prove the people wrong by using politicians argument. Makes absolutly no sense.

tldr Kidpaler wants to be right so badly he needs to make up bad arguments for the opposite sides to prove how wrong the opposite side is lol.

Do you not notice how idiotic that is, that you are picking the arguments to counterargue yourself? lol

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Paradox, did you really need to make 5 posts in a row? What happened to that edit button?
    This is a dumb argument and you know it. It would take at most 10 extra seconds to unlock another box if you have the key.

Question of the day, how often do guns actually prevent such crimes?

Edit's I just realized how many posts were actually here. Damn you guys talk a lot.

9. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

If you put 'self defense' on your application then it will be denied. The reasoning, which I agree with, is that bringing guns into the equation only escalates the violence without any effective deterrence.

Wait until we get onto nuclear deterrence, hyuck hyuck.

10. Paradox

Dont tell me what to do, you aint my mom

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

well it would solve the issue once and for all ...

12. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Jesus christ this is the most retarded argument I have ever gotten into.

1. I didnt make up any arguments, I even posted a video about this yet you still argue that I am arguing that this is what everyone on the left believes.
    2. I know it is the extreme sides of the abortion arguments, but our elected officials seem to take the extreme sides of any issue.
    3. If the politicians, the one who are WRITING THE LAWS are the ones using this argument, I can't argue it because they are writing it for the extremes? wat
    4. Yea I totally want to be so right. Wahh wahh mommy momm help.

You are creating an argument where there is literally no argument to be had. You are literally arguing me over nothing.

13. Paradox

Lol, You're making up arguments for a majority who doesnt use the argument with the statement that if the politicians representing those people use it, it automatically makes it their oppinion?

"everyone on the left believes. " Even though Ive proven this to be wrong.

10/10 debating skills dude no wonder you vote trump

14. flasche

just wanting to throw in:

in oklahoma, the state that started this discussion, its legal to abort up to 20weeks unless its life threatening to the mother.
    no state allows abortion up to birth.

i think the worst thing in all this, is that "pro-life" organisations portray it like abortion would be used as method of contraception similar to condoms or the pill. as if it would be used because its so funny.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  15. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Now this is the thread I wanted it to be.

[​IMG]

16. flasche

17. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I was wondering what that smell was... this is a mess I'd rather not clean, clean it up yourselves.

18. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

You are making up all this shit, I never said everyone on the left believes that, that'd be moronic to say that. Jesus man, of course the entirety of the left doesn't believe that. The polticians we ELECT are the ones who can use this argument, therefore I think the debate CAN be had. Sure, what the politicians believe doesn't portray what their constituents believe because there are far more pressing issues than abortion, but I am not trying to say everyone believes it.

What I'm saying is, if the POLITICIAN'S believe it, then I believe it is a debate worth having. If they hold the extreme left view that you can abort till the end, then yes, I think I should be allowed to argue that.

Edit: To PROVE you haven't read anything I post and are just trying to sling shit at me, I refer you to my post which started this all where I directly stated that the "Politicians who run" were the ones who seemed to believe this. I'm in no way arguing that all people believe this, I think most people would prefer a "centerline" method to it rather than far left or far right in our country and I think that goes for most policies.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  19. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

flasche likes this.
  20. Deiform

Deiform Member

I wish we had guns in England. You wouldn't believe the amount of times a robber has entered my house in the night and I'm unable to shoot him so he runs off with the TV.

I didn't realise everyday was John Fucking Wick in America.