Revert NF Radar and Barracks to old models

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Snarkeh, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Was that a single-way message or he replied and liked your sound?

2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

It was like early/late October that he got on and messaged about it, he actually talked so it wasn't a one way conversation and it was about tying the engine sound to the RPM of the engine and having it change pitch instead of the god awful setup right now where its broken up into like 8 sounds.

But that's beside the point. The point is we need newer models of everything and to ditch the old low poly stuff or make it look better.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

"Last edited: 13 minutes ago"
    Why did you "edit out" the part where Angry said he dislike your sound?

You were saying : You bothed talked and he disliked your sound.
    Now you are trying to say : You bothed talked and he didn't disapprove your sound.

I know it looks better to other people because "oh, so the original sound guy didn't say a word", but to people who actually saw the original message, it would make you look really bad.

-20 respect for you, Trump.

4. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

It's not that, it was because it wasn't relevant to this discussion on the fact that this is about models, not sounds. There have been plenty of other threads to talk about that, so rather than derailing this and turning it into the sound hating thread I edit it to try to make it more on topic and try to bring it back to the point that this thread is about models.

Angry didn't like the sounds, I don't think that is hidden knowledge, its plastered on the Discord. What do I have to hide, I know some don't like it and others do.
    Edit 2: You asked about when I talked with him and I never directly talked with him regarding if he liked the sounds, so again, it was irrelevant information and something I never heard.

Edit: And before you get on your high horse saying that I am trying to hide the fact that I don't care about what people think of sounds or I am trying to paint everyone as loving it, I'd like to mention that I have taken an active role in trying to get people's feedback even going as so far as to add people who are complaining and get their feedback. A tad bit better than you who just goes with whatever you want and disregarding community polls that seem to be split 50/50.

5. RedAlchemist

RedAlchemist Member

I was linked to this by another user and while I was not interested in responding as empires isn't my problem anymore and hasn't been since the new team took over. I feel I need to give my input to clear some shit up, let's start with what ever this is.

I get neither you, nor catface know much about empires but you could have atleast fact-checked with someone who actually can model like Smithy on weather or not thats true. To clarify all original NF models were created by Don Megel in a propper modeling program, my 2 contributions were infact done in hammer as I am a mapper. I did the NF rax because it was a balance change and I did the radar as a fun side project but it was liked enough that it was just added.

We talked on a group chat for 10 min, thats it granted I disappeared and I do apologize for that and I have more important shit to deal with (I am a new father), and I was asked by several people to stay away for empires. Several months later Trickster aproached me via steam mentioned the sounds and saying they sounded awful, I listened to them, agreed, we laughed, and moved to another subject that's it. I never mentioned legacy or knew I had one to begin with and if you want I can have Trickster post in here and confirm thid if you want. I don't care for your sounds, but again thats not my job anymore its yours so I could literally not care less what you do. That being said, if you are really so threatened by my name being mentioned that you feel the need to shit talk about me when I'm not around then your free to go into git and replace my remaining sound and art assets and revert the buildings. Seriously a lot of people would be THRILLED for updated NF buildings and if you are so focused on making empires great again then I feel its a good mentality to have and I only wish you the best of luck.

Boner confirmed for: Rock Hard

6. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Hi Angry.

I know all original NF models were created by Don Megel, I was directly referring to the Rax and Radar being done in Hammer. Apologies if that is not how it came off. Catface, who was a previous dev, told me that they were made in Hammer which is what I said here, meaning to refer to the rax and radar.

[/QUOTE]

Here is your direct quote.
    01:12 - Trickster: can I make your day 01:12
    - Trickster: marginally worse 01:12
    - Angry: ? 01:12
    - Angry: Youre secretly a russian spy? 01:12
    - Trickster: someone took all your nice empires sounds and replaced them with terrible ones 01:12
    - Trickster: for literally 01:12 -
    Trickster: no reason 01:12 - Angry: I knoe 01:12 -
    Trickster: in the official version 01:12 -
    Angry: Fucking trump 01:12 -
    Trickster: I joined the other day and laughed my fucking ass 01:13 -
    Angry: The president of the united states destroyed my legacy

That is the quote I am referring to. Obviously joking. Im not threatened by you, your gone and I could care less what people think to an extent though I do talk to people to get their input on it. Yea you don't care for it, yea some people like it. It's everything with Empires, people hate and like new/updated stuff for whatever reason and you can't change it. I'm not threatening, nor shittalking you.

Edit: However, I will not sit here and have Mr Honorable Security shit talk me on here because I edit a post to make it more on topic and not regarding the sound change because LOOK WHAT HAPPENED, we are now off topic. We rarely can stay on topic so I thought instead of SEEMING I am being defensive, I should edit it to avoid this whole argument but look what happened. Off topic, people being insulted, and not talking about models at all.

7. Wired_4fun

Wired_4fun Member

Why does everyone whine about 'performance hits' of new models and assets, the game is 10 years old. If you dont have a computer that can run empires, then I seriously think you have other issues that you should be working on.

Prepare for incoming 'REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT LAGS MY POTATO'
    I'd fuck that ref if I could ;)

8. RedAlchemist

RedAlchemist Member

It`'s fine, your post was implying that ALL models were though.

I find it slightly creepy you keep chat logs of other people. Either way I forgot I said that but even so I did so in a complete joking context and its obvious. Also lol @ you saying the community is super divided over everything, welcome to empires I guess. Anyway, again I wish you the best of luck and if you need anything feel free to ask.

9. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Edit: Heh, I did say I was doing it better than you. I stand by that statement because adding people is better and more intuitive feedback than a poll from people who hardly play. Granted sounds are a bit different from Script work so method of approach has to be different.

Because, and I'm gonna be frank here, you do polls regarding changes here on the forum. I'd wager 80% of the active community who plays the game stays off of this forum because it's toxic and is off topic all the time like this thread.

SO, you get people answering polls who hardly play or don't play anymore and the game direction gets dictated by those people, which isn't a good thing. I have seen polls IN GAME regarding the recent "mine damage" change that were something like 80% wanted it reverted to insta death but I believe in a thread you dismissed it. https://forums.empiresmod.com/index.php?threads/mine-poll.20773/ 50% disliked the mine change, and that was the community who hardly even plays. I remember Docrabbit, before being ran off/quitting, and a couple other people took polls in game with about 20 people on and it was overwhelmingly for insta death. There were a couple more after that at different times as well.

Again, not that it's a bad thing but adding people and directly getting their feedback gives a lot more information than relying on a poll of players who hardly play anymore.

That was a convo that Mr.X posted on the Discord. That's where I got it from. I didn't keep the convo because I never saw it till I joined the Discord. Again, it was obviously joking because ruining a "legacy" is kind of funny. Even the context of the President ruined your legacy is funny. I got the joke and I didn't mean to portray it in a serious way.

Edit: Added some clarity.

RedAlchemist likes this.
  10. RedAlchemist

RedAlchemist Member

Lmao that just raises even more questions.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

First of all, I deleted my reply when I think you did see it.

Second, I said" I talked with people", not "I made polls".

12. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Not to call you out, but why did you remove "I don't let polls dictate the direction of the game"?

Haha, now we are even.

Back on topic. I like the new models. Good work Angry.

13. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Well, there goes another perfectly good thread.

[​IMG]

Neoony and flasche like this.
  14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Not really, I deleted the part that's in line with my existing statement.

You deleted the part that's not in line with your existing statement.

But whatever, shit ends here.
    Peace.

15. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

We argued so hard we got an old community member to come back, have a laugh (I think?), and post an extremely old video. Good work guys, I think we can wrap up this thread now.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That one is lost to the ages somewhere. It's been a while since that one, I can't even remember why it wasn't put in the game.

I literally went and checked my vanilla setup right now just to be sure. I found one note in the barracks (totally written on), and three notes in the radar (also totally written on - the to do list still has "teach security to git gud" on it). I gave both buildings a quick once-over and didn't find any other notes, so I'm not sure what's missing on your end.

There's no asset theft happening anywhere, I'm not sure why you even brought that into the conversation.

17. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator