The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

hate is an emotion.

also was talking about the kkk, i dont know milo yiannopoulos enough to put him in one of my moral boxes yet.

2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

In the EU, sure. In the US, people who hate have the right to peacefully assemble. Look at the Westboro baptist church, people who protest our own soldiers funerals saying they are going to hell because they fought for a country that supported gay rights. This is quite traumatic for the families at the funerals, but the protesters at least stay a respectful distance away and remain peaceful.

Allowing open hate to peacefully assemble outs those who support it. You can now put a face with it and realize who is that way. It allows the community to come together to stand against them as well. Sure they might gain 1 or 2 people, but the community comes together to stand against them peacefully, usually, which is better for the community than it is for the organization. The group holding the rally usually gets mocked.

3. flasche

so its ok if muslims come together and propagate hate?

4. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

They can if they want. If what they are saying turns into actual killings and such, that is where the line is drawn.

I'd rather they are out in the public talking about it rather than hiding behind some closed doors plotting it without the publics knowledge.

And yes, that does happen in the US. Muslims do, at some places, openly preach about death to the infidels.

There's a pretty good movie out there that I recommend you watch. It's about the KKK being infiltrated. The movie is called "Imperium". No it's not in support of the KKK, but it just shows some things about it.

Edit: There is a difference between hate that starts domestically and hate that starts abroad. I don't think we should take IN more hate, but if hate starts domestically it should be allowed to be freely expressed until it does something insane and gets itself in trouble.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

There are also white people preaching death to other races/religions/groups. Doesnt mean all white people are bad people. Because this is what the US is doing making the public overgeneralize others. SAD!

6. flasche

so i just read this transcript of a speech he held at university of central florida. http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/09/27/10-things-milo-hates-islam/

oh man i wish i got payed for preaching like this dude does so i had enough time to pick apart his speech, sadly i dont. but its fucking full of hypocrisy, generalizations, victim blaming and (intentional) misinterpretations i dont even. admitably he does it in a quite sophisticated way, his rhetorics are top notch, but i totally can understand how he is attributed to the alt-right. the nicest i can say is that he is the same kind of fearmongering demagogue he warns about.

having said all that. as with all good lies there is a grain of truth under all this diffamation and prejudgment. politcal islam has no place in modern secular societies. but the term secular already gives it away. contrary to his accusations, the left - well at least in europe - wants a secular society. read marx relgion critics in this regard, claiming anything else is a strawman argument some admitably fall for. but no one wants to subdue to poltical islam, we only want them to stop to pour oil into the fire with repression, generalizations and diffamations.

edit: i forgot to mention - its a funny thing he mentioned turkey, i forgot in what regard, but its a prime example of how recent geopolitical occurances shifted a mainly secular society towards one that more and more leans to ideals of poltical islam. its not only them, it takes two to tango. and excatly people scapegoating like mr yiannopoulos contribute to this dance - its a self-fulfilling prophecy.

btw, its funny how your right (probably temporarily) accepts a homosexual if he argues for them against common enemy. because i can tell you something about our rights, they think homosexuallity is a disease that needs to be eradicated. the enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend, a lesson he will learn as soon as they succeed - if they succeed.

also vicki, i hope you read the passage about the role they attribute to you as a women well. no business, no self determination, reproduce and cook. funny enough, something they hate about muslims. one wonders ...

the point about pope benedict xvi "the best pope" also was cute. his stance on homosexuality was so very open he called it a disorder.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  7. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

8. Paradox

@Kidpaler All things aside, I want to know what your view is on Press Secretary lying about statements? I just watched this video

And it does make a lot of sense from a journalistic point of view. That white house sources cant be trusted 100% which will lead to more independant journalistic verifying of sources. Which is a good turn of events cause it will lead to more information in general.

What do you think about the lying in general? And the consequences on journalism and investigative journalism?

edit: I understand the video is from Vox and they are more democratic/leftist/progressive in their stances, but that does not however take away from the core message which isnt colored by blue.

9. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Idk. This might be one of those 4D chess moves Trump was doing during the campaign.

Causes more verification of Government sources to be required. It also makes faith in the news less reliable because, as of today, I saw an article saying Trump was going to repeal LGBT rights when just yesterday I saw articles saying he was going to keep the LGBT rights that Obama passed. So, idk.

Don't really have a good or bad opinion on it. Though I do think lying is bad.

10. Space_Oddity

Ukraine: Communists mount last fight against ban

Party to appeal against far-right regime’s communist ban

THE Communist Party of Ukraine (KPU) will mount a last-ditch legal defence against its banning by the far-right coup regime next week.

In a statement, the KPU central committee said yesterday that the Kiev Appeal Administrative Court has scheduled the hearing for next Wednesday — and rejected its lawyers’ requests for additional evidence and witnesses.

The party is appealing against the District Administrative Court of Kiev’s December 2015 rejection of its appeal against the “decommunisation law.”

The party said it had little faith in the legal system’s impartiality and objectivity, adding: “We are confident that this trial is a politically motivated and is aimed at destroying the Communist Party of Ukraine, the only real opposition to the current regime.”

Since seizing power in the violent 2014 Maidan Square coup, the regime has moved to ban the KPU, communist symbols and even literature or public statements about the Soviet era that fail to condemn the alleged “crimes of communism.”

The party pointed out the hypocrisy of billionaire President Petro Poroshenko’s pro-EU government, saying the ideological ban breached its commitment to the bloc’s supposedly liberal principles.

“We are convinced that the prohibition of the Communist Party, as well as the so-called decommunisation laws per se, is a flagrant violation of international law.”

The KPU also pointed to the regime’s “glorification of nazi collaborators,” including Organisation of Ukrainian Nationalists leader Stepan Bandera, statues of whom have been erected across the country.

Radical Party MP Yuriy Shukhevych — the son of Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA) general Roman Shukhevych — has introduced draft legislation making it an offence to question the “heroism” of the OUN and UPA, who massacred as many as 100,000 ethnic Poles and 4,000 Jews.

Meanwhile, in Ukraine’s eastern Donbass region, two government troops were killed and 10 injured overnight when anti-fascist forces shelled their positions.

In Donetsk, two civilians were injured on Wednesday night when government forces shelled the city for the third day running.

11. Space_Oddity

Donald Trump administration 'wants to cut white supremacism from counter-extremism programme'
    Plans reportedly underway to rename Countering Violent Extremism programme to 'Countering Radical Islamic Extremism'

[​IMG]
    Nicholas Kamm/Getty
    Donald Trump’s administration is reportedly pushing to erase neo-Nazis and white supremacists from the US government’s counter-extremism programme by moving it to focus exclusively on Islamist terrorism.

American officials briefed on the proposed changes told Reuters the Countering Violent Extremism (DVE) initiative could be renamed to “Countering Radical Islamic Extremism”.

The reclassification would remove its work combating far-right attacks and mass shootings, such as the massacre of black churchgoers in Charleston, which are rarely classified as terrorism by American authorities.

But Mr Trump’s rhetoric has focused exclusively on the dangers of “radical Islam”, seeing him criticise Barack Obama for being “weak” on Isis.

The position sparked his executive order suspending the US refugee programme and immigration from seven predominantly Muslim “countries of concern”.

The President claimed the move would prevent “bad dudes” coming to the US, despite the fact countries linked to previous terror attacks were not on the list, as well as warnings the “Muslim ban” would fuel propaganda efforts by Isis and other jihadi groups.

Proponents of the existing CVE programme fear any move to rebrand it would make it more difficult for the government to work with Muslim counter-extremism groups already unsettled by Mr Trump’s policies and divisive statements.

[​IMG]
    Dylann Roof, the Charleston shooter, wrote a racist manifesto before massacring black churchgoers (AP)

It aims to deter groups or potential lone attackers within the US through community partnerships and education and counter-messaging campaigns in cooperation with companies such as Google and Facebook, and is separate from military and intelligence efforts against online extremism.

Some Republicans in Congress have accused the programme of being too “politically correct “and ineffective, claiming that that singling out Islamist extremism as the trigger for many violent attacks would help focus deterrence efforts.

[​IMG]

A timeline of US mass shootings following the Orlando nightclub attack

A source who has worked closely with the DGS told Reuters that members of the Trump transition team first met with a CVE task force in December and floated the idea of changing the name and focus.

In a meeting last Thursday attended by senior staff for DHS Secretary John Kelly, government employees were reportedly asked to defend why they chose certain community organisations as recipients of CVE grants.

Mr Kelly is reviewing the funding, which has been appropriated by Congress and the grant recipients including local authorities, police, universities and non-profit groups were notified in the final days of the Obama administration but has not yet been transferred.

Among anti-jihadi groups, grants also went to Life After Hate, which rehabilitates former neo-Nazis and other domestic extremists.

Terrorism is defined in the US Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives”.

The definition, used by the FBI and other American agencies, does not specify any groups and encapsulates all extremism from Islamism to anti-Semitism and neo-Nazism.

MI5, the UK’s domestic security agency, admits that there is “no agreed definition of terrorism internationally”, while the Terrorism Act 2000 defines it as violent threats or action “for the purposes of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause”.

The DHS and White House did not respond to requests for comment.

12. Paradox

13. Paradox

Not surprised at all. Graph showing the result when asked the question. Do you think country X could be an ally of Germany?
    Results are percentages yes.
    [​IMG] s

14. flasche

same institute

"are the us a trustworthy partner for germany"
    [​IMG]

"how should the federal government react in regards to trump?"
    left is open, right is distanced, the numbers on the far right is the spontaneous respons "lets wait and see"
    [​IMG]
    its worth to mention the "linke-anhänger" (anhänger = supporters). "die linke" (the left) is a - in us terms probably hardcore communist - leftist party in germany. leftist worth the term btw. im honestly jelly for not having such a party in austria.

afd are rightwing demagogues like trump. so little support among their own kind.

to sum up the other parties. fdp is libertarian, union is conservative, grüne are greens, spd are social democrats. gesamt means total

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  15. Paradox

Entire countries falling for this global leftist propaganda by shillary supporters.

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm at the point now where I kind of like the idea of Europe just joining into one larger country, with the original countries just being states.

Legitimately, I don't feel like the US can be relied upon any further, so I'd prefer we just got our shit together and became a larger economy overall. Same goes for military.

Good job my super intelligent country decided to fucking leave the EU.

17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Illuminati really fucking up this new world order. Whats the point of being rich if you can't have mind control prisons.

18. complete_

complete_ lamer

19. flasche

so-called judge!

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

good read:
    Former Quebec neo-Nazi speaks out about how he learned to hate minorities
    http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thesundayed...t-how-he-learned-to-hate-minorities-1.3966671
    some choice quotes from an article about a former nazi(!) who almost committed a terrorist attack. i bolded the most insane parts (neo-nazis in CURRENT canadian military service)