The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I had this history teacher when I was in my second to last year of highschool. The context was the Arab Spring. He told me that whenever a large historical event/change is occuring the people of that time period wouldnt realise it. Renaiscance, WW2, noone knew that those defining moments and those leading up to them would be so critical to our history. Thats why it's always important, whenever a major event happens, to stand still and consider the possibility of that event being the next major turning point.

I think this is one of the events that will tie into the Arab spring timeline.

2. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

And remember that Godwin's Law is not a factor when you enact genuine Nazi policies.

3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Cause this is totally a nazi policy, 100%.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

fox news 1 hour ago
    https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/826120752529301504
    "Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin, reports show"
    implying its one muslim shooter when in reality its one suspect (another scrawny white bitch) and the moroccan guy was a witness. they will never report on this again or correct it probably

in other news the aclu raised 24 million from 356,306 people over the weekend. someone leaked me a list of some of those names:
    georgesoros48
    georgesoros49
    XxXgeorgesorosXxX
    not_georgesoros

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its really revealing how silent it got. id almost bet it soon wont be a terrorist anymore, but some mentally ill guy.

also lovely alternative facts faux has there, im so relieved its totally not biased.

6. Paradox

Thats what your rightwing red necks would reply to that. Just keep denying like all you rightwing guys do. No credibility. SAD!

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

right wing political ideals, pro-trump, pro-marine lepen, pro israel (netanyahu), anti-immigration, anti-feminist
    https://www.facebook.com/bienvenueauxrefugies1/posts/370735749949121
    http://www.journaldequebec.com/2017...ait-sur-le-suspect-de-la-tuerie-de-la-mosquee
    [​IMG]
    the look of a terrorist!

ok thats all i'll post about this ill go back to focusing on america. its gets physically draining thinking about these people being in canada

edit: nope not done. heres the trump white house still asserting its a muslim

https://twitter.com/JProskowGlobal/status/826139917310889984
    ahh yes the trump loving white guy killing muslims is why you're banning muslims. hmm ya
    love 2 use a tragedy to score political points for fucked up policy

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  8. Space_Oddity

Gasp. Are you implying the demonstrable fact that the overwhelming majority of terrorists are domestic?

9. Paradox

Americans are more likely to get killed by their own clothes burning or igniting ( 3.3/million ) than an immigrant terrorist attack ( 2.78/million ).

The number is actually 0 when we are talking about the 7 banned countries.

10. Paradox

This one is for Vicki.
    The new American isolation movement by Donald Trump, economically and imigration wise, follows the last isolation movement in 1939 where America did not want to intervene in ww2.
    This decision lead to the infamous decision in 1939, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_St._Louis, to turn down 900 Jewish refugees from entering the United States. They eventually settled in Belgium and the Netherlands after which 100's of Jewish people got killed in the holocaust.

Vicki as a jewish person with a history in their family I do not understand how you of all people could turn away Syrian refugees. Because they are more prone to terrorist attacks? According to what statistics? A syrian immigrant or syrian national has not been in a violent terrorist attack since ever. Every Syrian refugee you inherently turn down cause of this ban is a syrian refugee more that potentially is going to die.

11. Space_Oddity

12. Space_Oddity

13. Space_Oddity

14. Space_Oddity

15. Space_Oddity

upload_2017-1-31_7-21-10.png

Make no mistake. Donald Trump's Muslim travel ban is an absolute gift to extremists.

It's a gift to the fascistic white supremacist demographic who propelled Donald Trump into the White House, and made the extreme-right propagandist Steve Bannon one of the most powerful men on the planet. They've been baying for this kind of bigoted arbitrary discrimination for years. By giving them a bit of what they want Trump and Bannon have rewarded them for their votes.

White supremacist racists adore the idea of ethnicity and nationality based discrimination, but they're not the only extremists who will be delighted at Trump's Muslim travel ban. Islamist extremists all over the world will be ecstatic at this collective discrimination against Muslims, because it represents evidence to support their narrative that the West hate Muslims.
    It's a massive boon for them because it feeds into their divisive "clash of civilisations" agenda. "Look at how the West hate and discriminate against Muslims" is the perfect recruiting tool for these appalling savages.

Trump's Muslim ban is also a gift to the extremist Islamist theocracy in Saudi Arabia, which for some reason is one of the Muslim majority countries in the middle east to be excluded from the travel ban list. Let's not forget that 15 of the 19 September 11th attackers were Saudis; that it's widely acknowledged that Saudi Arabia spreads Islamist extremism and terrorism all over the world; that the leaked Clinton emails showed that the Americans have known for quite some time that Saudi Arabia is funding ISIS; nor that even the Saudi Arabian ministry admits that there are over 2,000 Saudi Arabians fighting for ISIS to create their barbaric Islamist caliphate in the middle east.

It's extraordinary that Saudi Arabia gets a free pass on this Muslim travel ban despite their obvious links to Islamist extremism, but it's hardly surprising given the vast amount of US weapons the Saudis buy, the vast amount of US currency, stocks and bonds they hold, and the fact that the Trump business empire has investments in Saudi Arabia too.

Social liberals find it easy to see the wrongness of Trump's arbitrary collective discrimination against Muslims from some countries but not others.
    • Turning away refugees fleeing persecution and abuse is appalling.
    • Arbitrary collective discrimination is bigoted and inhumane.
    • Discriminating against people based on their religious beliefs is profoundly unconstitutional.
    • Barring people who just need to fly through American airports to get to their final destinations is egregious.
    • Barring people who are just visiting temporarily to spend time with dying relatives is sadistic.
    • Barring people who actually served alongside American soldiers during their imperialist wars is an obvious betrayal.
    • Expecting countries in Europe and the middle east to carry the entire burden of the refugee crisis that stemmed from the American invasion and occupation of Iraq is astoundingly selfish.
    • Turning away refugees from Iraq (a country suffering the appalling consequences of US imperialism) whilst welcoming Saudi Arabians (a country that funds, arms and supplies ISIS) is completely unjustifiable.
    Anyone with any basic human decency can see how unjust Trump's Muslim travel ban is, but you don't even need to recognise the injustice of it in order to see the biggest problem of all, you just need to be a pragmatist:

You just have to look at who actually benefits from this kind of cruel and arbitrary collective discrimination, and the answer is extremists.

- Another Angry Voice

Four million people who signed petition for new EU referendum confident Trump petition will be different

The 4.1 million people who signed a government petition asking for a second EU referendum are confident that that signing a petition to keep Donald Trump from meeting the Queen will be more successful.

With 1.3 million people now having signed the petition calling on the government to deny Donald Trump a state visit when he comes to the UK, signatories remain convinced that signing online petitions is the definitely the best way to achieve your stated aims.

Professional petition signer Derek Matthews told us, “Yeah, I signed it. Course I did.

“Ask anyone, I’m a really big fan of futile gestures, so this was right up my street.

“Yeah, I also signed the one asking for a new referendum, but this is different, because this is now and I really really care about this one.”

However, voter Simon Williams told us, “Look, I realise our government considers us plebs with barely concealed disdain, and I genuinely believe this petition will have literally zero impact on Donald Trump’s proposed visit.

“But – and it’s a big but – you also have to remember that Donald Trump is an egomaniacal man-child with a pathological need to be popular, who won’t be able to deal with the fact that in the nation of his mother’s birth everyone thinks he’s an arsehole.

“And that’s a result I can definitely live with.”

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    flasche likes this.
  16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Stop the ride I want to get off.

17. Space_Oddity

Media still unable to find photo of Trump looking even vaguely normal

NEWS outlets are unable to find a picture of Donald Trump where he doesn’t look like an absolute maniac, it has been confirmed.

Every picture taken of Trump, since he rose to fame as a symbol of the eighties’ greed and arrogance, has been deemed to make him look ‘odd at best’, while more recent photos make him look like the end-of-level boss in a Nintendo martial arts game.

News website editor Tom Booker said: “We are constantly accused of bias for making him look ‘like that’.

“But ‘like that’ is what he looks like.”

A White House insider said: “We were hoping that the picture of him holding up a baby when he was running for election would have humanised him but if anything he just looked like he was about to eat the baby.

“Even when he took the oath everyone was still just focused on his tiny hands that are too small to even warrant a weight division in a boxing match.

“There is that picture of him taking the piss out of a disabled journalist. It doesn’t make him look normal but it’s definitely a good representation of him as a person.”

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I missed Bush junior and his antics,Trump will probably beat him in hilarity in under a month.

19. Paradox

kill two regulations for every new one adopted

Lol thats the dumbest thing I've heard. This doesnt stimulate deregulation.
    Many loopholes have been discussed so far.
    The biggest ones being:
    1. Just kill regulations with no impact anymore this day and age
    2. Your new regulation contains the 2 old ones.

Freeman, harvard educated professor:
    “It is primarily an instrument for hassling the agencies and slowing the regulatory process,” says Freeman via email.

20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator