The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its not desirebale to have a trade deficit tho, it means capital leaves your country.

its also something problematic in europe where most southern countries have huge deficits while especially german a surplus (mainly due to wage dumping and reduction in social expenditures - see agenda 2000)

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

paradox that's 58 billion a year in trade deficit, so its a lot more than 58 billion total..

that's why trump opted out of TPP and Bernie Sanders was against it to. He feels its better to make trade deals bilaterally so as not for the USA to keep getting screwed, it would be a more fair trade deal for both parties involved.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  4. Paradox

Yes but vicki, trade deficit doesnt stack like debt.
    You cant see it like debt. Its like if I had a shoe shop, and you have a clothing shop. I buy more clothes from your clothing shop than you buy shoes from my shoe shop.
    Thus theres a deficit in trade. But that doesnt mean one country owes the other one anything. It just means I bought more clothes than you bought shoes.

So how does it total more than 58 billion? Its a completely different subject in terms of comparison.
    This is more than litterally comparing apples to pears if you try to compare deficit to debt

5. Paradox

Capital leaving a country isnt bad perse, you can see it as capital leaving the country or as needing less capital to pay for products thus increase in total capital

6. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

its more if you add the years up. the paying of the wall isn't just about the trade deficit, its because Mexico does not stop its citizens from coming here illegally or the drugs.

the ironic thing is Mexico has very harsh illegal immigrant laws if they come into their country.
    the wall would actually benefit Mexico too because it would deter the Central American illegal immigrants and help distrupt the drug cartel network

7. flasche

you what?

vipervicki likes this.
  8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

a lot stricter than ours. even criminal illegals in the USA are set free and protected in those damn sanctuary cities.

9. Paradox

I dont understand how adding the years up on trade deficit has anything to do with what I replied to earlier and was the original point of trade deficits.

"you may be right Paradox, I do know we have a trade deficit of 58 billion dollars with Mexico and trump is adamant to fix that."

My reactions have nothing to do with the wall, I just wanted to clarify you cant just fix a trade deficit.

The trade deficit and the wall also have nthing in common cause the two cant really be interlinked by economy or politics.

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I was responding to your statement about the US bonds, and your statement about capital leaving a country makes no sense to me.

11. Paradox

What Im saying is, it isnt perse a bad thing that capital leaves your country to purchase a product that is cheaper. Because capital is not only money and goods its also services.

So lets say you have 100 capital. Normally you buy a banana for 50 capital. Instead of buyingthe expensive banana you can buy a cheaper 10 capital banana, this 10 leaves your country but this leaves you with 90 extra capital to spend. Thus increasing your total capital.
    The negative is ofcourse the people in your own country selling bananas, they would go out of work. But they can just go find other jobs. Thats just globalism.
    In an ideal situation every country produces what is lowest in their own country and imports what is normally expensive in their country. Thus increasing the total capital purchasing power of your economy.

Idk if Im explaining this right. Basicly if you can buy cheap shit from other countries, you have more money to buy shit in general.

12. Paradox

I dnt get it, the us bonds and trade deficit have nothing to do with each other so how do you add up the years of trade deficit ? This is getting confusing.

Also the capital leaving the country, I write an individual post about it cause its quite hard to explain lol

13. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

how do you know the trade deficit is because of cheaper goods? can it be because they sell more products to us than we are allowed to sell them.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  14. Paradox

Because mexicans produce cheaper products and because trump said they produce cheaper products thats why bussinesses are going overseas?

And it pretty much cant be because you arent allowed to sell to them cause they dont have any laws or taxes forbidding you. If they did Im pretty sure the US would be all up and about.

Mexico is economically wise the not overseas china, they produce cheaper so you import. Its litterally exactly the same situation as with china honestly. But you just arent anti mexico cause of the media narrative you believe in .

Are you trying to make up random arguments just to be right? Cause it definitly sounds like it

15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I'm not anti Mexico at all. I'm anti law breakers (pertaining to illegal immigrants) no matter where they are from.

16. Paradox

Then why are you implying mexico is banning imports from the US, which is a really negative sentiment, instead of the simple TRUE fact that its because mexico can produce goods cheaper?

17. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I wasn't implying anything about Mexico, I didn't even name Mexico, I was actually asking about any trade with any country where we have deficits and thought there might be a quota for some countries.
    we have trade deficits with several countries.

I did some researching and found info about trade barriers.
    A barrier to trade is a government-imposed restraint on the flow of international goods or services. The most common barrier to trade is a tariff—a tax on imports. Tariffs raise the price of imported goods relative to domestic goods (goods produced at home).

According to the United State Trade Representative, the People's Republic of China (PRC) is consistently among the worst countries with respect to infringing intellectual property. Beijing also has perhaps the world's most extensive system of subsidies, which block foreign access to the Chinese market.

Under the NAFTA, there are virtually no tariff barriers for U.S. exports to Mexico. U.S. companies do, however, face certain non-tariff barriers when exporting to Mexico

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

quintuple post, really vicky?

19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

20. flasche

@Paradox fun thing with your example, first you go on how captial does not equal money, then you bring an example where its exactly that. but yes, a trade balance deficit is not universally bad - fe. if the exports are loans, you need a deficit or your trade partner defaults (interest is a bitch). it was a bad wording on my part and bringing germany into this wasnt the smartes idea either (as the problem is not the trade surplus itself, but the way its archieved)

also i should have looked on the us unemployment rates - fuck me sideways, 4.9% and you complain about them taking your jabs like everything goes to the crapper? (and even funnier, it started to go down in 2009, yeah obama you bitch) full employment is unarchievable and even close to full employment is not desireable for the economy because it gets increasingly harder to find employees, which means you need to pay more, which leads to higher prices, which leads to devaluation of money.

if the "middle class" stats to decline better start to redistribute ... oh wait, thats communism.