Progress report - December 2016

Discussion in 'News' started by Tama, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Devs, post your progress as it happens in December. Please also post about your plans for the next month, and discuss the plans of other devs here. This thread will be moved to News on January 1st 2017.

2. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

So i'm working still on the tank destroyers. Check the comparison thread for updates.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Since this is very much empty, I'm totally hijacking this thread. This is what I've been doing over the past 2~ months.

From the official business, you can read stuff I added to the text fields in the game - new weapon descriptions in the vehicle customization screen and new research item descriptions (along with some changes to the old ones) in the research screen. Note that not all names are mine as some were pulled from the forum thread. Notable mentions go out to whoever came up with Thermobaric Cannon and TOW Guided Missile Launchers. Also my updates to map briefings are going to come at some point in the future.

I also pretended to help with the trailer creation, we have a few nice shots and a mostly finished script for the whole thing. Donald Trump is leading the charge there though so he'll be able to provide more insight on this.

emp_iceberg had its first playtest and _a2 is being uploaded to the main server around about now. It'll still be off the nomination list because the minimap is having some issues and the iceberg itself is still a little small and poorly detailed.
    emp_nuclear is going to get a bit of a facelift. No gameplay tweaks though, I'm very much happy where it is.
    emp_raid tests and improvements. It's looking better and better, but still lacks a lot of quality of life features to make it playable for your average player (since most BE players are utterly lost on it - which is bad!)

I have actual recording hardware now. I only need to sort out my video editing software and I'll be able to roll out proper videos, so more Empires How-To's are on the horizon.

4. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Since my account is still locked out, broken, and unable to log into it I guess this is now my main.

Hi. This is Donald Trump.

So, what did I do? Well, a lot of feedback came in about sounds after it wen't live. Over the course of it going live and people playing, I tracked and recorded a lot of people's feedback. I used this feedback to create this document to allow users to see where I am going with sounds and give me direct feedback and see what others think is wrong. So far, after giving it out to around 25 people, 2 people have complained about some stuff albeit minor things. I think, overall, this was a successful change considering the massive amount of sound changes that happened and the number of complaints.

3 Things most complained about:
    1. The Missile lockon sound, it was corrupted during the beta and for some reason it messed up the soundcache and made it ungodly loud for some people.
    2. Sounds are loud
    3. Bio is a bit too slashy

What else did I do? I worked on the trailer. I organized people to get together to film certain scenes. I worked on the storyboard, script, and helping record numerous different scenes. Hopefully it will be done soonish to allow us to put it up on Steam to hopefully attract more people.

5. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Working on some maps after a long time not mapping for Empires.

Apogee likes this.