List of sounds that should be reverted

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Devourawr, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Engi repair sound was actually a mistake, it's being reverted unless enough people end up liking it.

If you can, try out this. MAKE SURE TO DELETE YOUR SOUNDCACHE THAT COMES WITH IT! It's the updated sounds and I just updated the death sounds a bit to see if they are more to your liking. Let me know when you try it out.

These updated sounds are much quieter than the ones currently out to avoid the ear rape of Vehicle combat, and to allow voice chat to be heard more clearly. Took me a couple hours to do this but I think I got EVERY sound I could and changed it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you forgot to pack it, i dont think anyone is going to download each file manually.

3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I agree, the CV's need new engine sounds in general, but they are currently tied to the APC engine sounds. There will be an update by Angry in the future (I think he's the one doing it?) that will tie the RPM to one engine sound so it will change pitch instead of how it is setup currently where it is just a bunch of different .wav files that play at set points while driving. This will allow for much more dynamic engines and allow for a wider variety of sounds for them.

As for Infantry, that is the whole reason I overhauled it. The old ones to me felt weak, they all felt like pea shooters with no real defining characteristics. I can try to give them more oomph, but for me personally I feel like I am using a gun now instead of a variation of a marshmallow shooter.

4. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

In the top right there is a "download" button that will automatically pack it all together for you.

5. flasche

learning never ends. thx

6. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

No problem, post here if you like that it's quieter and if there are any sounds I missed. I appreciate all feedback... yadda yadda yadda.

You will have to adjust your in game volume and such, and it has yet to be tested during a big ass battle but so far it's been positive feedback from people who have had their ears raped by the mosh pit of noise.

Also included in this fix: I think I fixed the bolt racking sound so it's no longer one way, should have a sound for both pulled back and released.

A new weapon switch for the shotpistol and a bit more reverberance on the shotpistol to make it not sound like your knocking on a door. Also beefed up the NFAR to make it not sound so weak.

Repair sound I reduced the bass BIGLY and decreased the sound a little bit more than the rest. Missile impact and firing sounds I decreased more than the rest as well since I felt they were a tad bit louder than the other sounds.

Read the post with the updated sound download link, DELETE THE SOUND CACHE TO ALLOW THE SOUNDS TO BE AT THE NEW LEVEL!

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

@Kidpaler Told you! ;)

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Be cv sounds the same as nf one, old tractor sound.

The repair sound would be fine if it wasn't that it makes the same sound when healing someone, you'd think welding someone together would be a lethal experience.

9. flasche

so it wasnt only me thinking that, good :D

10. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I have to do the script changes to change it and that's a lot of different sounds I have to get/lots of changes that I'm not exactly sure where it is located. It'll take a whilke for me to figure out.

The list of things that are needed: New CV sounds, new weapon swap sounds, new missile sound (while it's flying), new music, etc. However, for SOME of these I can't change because the scripts for the weapons have absolutely no indication of where these sounds are located, and as far as some of the sounds go I don't even see them anywhere.

Sounds I CAN'T find:
    Missile flying sound
    Weapon swap (I know where the sound is, can't find it in scripts)
    Reload sounds
    Spawning sound (that weird weapon selection sound)
    Main menu buttons (I can probably figure this one out)

If anyone can find those, I'd love you.

11. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

All these sounds are in the base hl2 game. For example, the missile sound is: "Missile.Ignite". You can probably find the other sound keys on the valve wiki.

You can try adding them to our own sound file with a new wav to see if the engine overrides it.

12. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Please lower the sound of the missile lock on warning. It was already annoying before but now it's very bad.
    It makes sense to have it this loud in real life but in Empires, homing missiles are rarely such a threat that warrants a loud noise like this.

13. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Next patch all weaponry sounds are being reduced by about 25% so the game volume bar will actually mean something.

Also, this sound never changed. Go Navigate to where Empires is installed and go to Empires/empires/sound then go to the bottom and delete the file titled "Soundcache" and restart Empires. It should fix it for you. For some reason this is a glitch.