Forum guests

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Neoony, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Neoony

Neoony Member

I just gotta ask.

Does anyone have any idea what is up with the 20+ guests being pretty much nonstop here?

Iam pretty sure they SUDDENLY started showing since few months ago.
    Which often makes me wonder if this wasnt the cause for the overload (out of resources) of that cheap hosting we had.

Simply...we had almost no guests / very low number of guests.
    And then suddenly...BAM.. 20+ guests pretty much every day from then.

And If you check what are they looking at...its the most random old crap, no one would be interested in.

All right, I guess it might be those spam bots scanning, we often had posting auto-generated random crap..

But then...I think we had those spam-bots posting, even before we had this guest show happening.

I just find it quite weird. But I guess one explanation could be, that empires forums being listed on some spam site and therefore having random visits / bots.

But still, weird...

2. Neoony

Neoony Member

[​IMG]

XD

....but, actually...this one might make the most sense XD

----
    Guess the best way to find this out, would be tracking where they came from...which should be possible.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

There was one time when there were 127 guests on all at once. Perhaps, some of the stuff we talk about in Off-Topic gets put on the front of Google so it is a prime search result when they google whatever that title is by accident/trying to find another source? Just a thought.

4. Neoony

Neoony Member

It just seems too much and too consistently to be just that.
    And why was it not a thing just few months ago..

I also find it hard to believe google would put empires anywhere on top with with anything not too specific to empires.

5. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

There doesn't seem to be a big increase in (reported) traffic:
    Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 04.51.10.png

6. Neoony

Neoony Member

Iam pretty sure it was much earlier than your history shows, when it started.
    It was still on the older hosting which wasnt handling it well in the end. (not completely sure if it was changed, or just upgraded)
    So more like a year, maybe a bit less, or maybe even longer? But probably not 2 years. Time flies fast, not sure xD

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

big data is farming us for potential signs of market failures They know we have the inside line on elite and secret financial cabals.

flasche and Neoony like this.
  8. Lightning

Lightning Member

its probably bot computers looking for forums to make accounts and spam bullshit on. just a theory.