Microphone Problems

Discussion in 'Support' started by JohnLawless☭♞♫☢, Nov 25, 2016.

1. JohnLawless☭♞♫☢

JohnLawless☭♞♫☢ Member

Upon booting up the game, my microphone works until I join some servers. I know it works because both the steam setting (accessed by shift tab) and the in game mic test (accessed through settings) both give me my beautiful voice back when i click "Mic test." The problem arises after I join a server: my microphone does not work for my teammates and the in game mic test (accessed via the escape and settings) yeilds no loopback, however the mic test from steam (accessed by shift tabbing) still works. It is not a key bind issue and I can hear other people's mics
    I am running Ubuntu 14.04 and am using a logetech G230. I have verified my mic does work in the same server in windows on my crappy laptop but not on linux in my gaming rig. I also streamed the game from my crappy windows laptop to my good linux pc, and the mic worked. This would indicate this may be a linux issue related to certain servers.
    Thank you for your time and help, keep it up with the amazingly fun game!

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Try setting the voice_enable cvar to 1 in the console. Also try some of the other voice_* cvars and commands to help debug your issue. You might be able to get some information from them.

Thexa4 likes this.
  3. JohnLawless☭♞♫☢

JohnLawless☭♞♫☢ Member

The voice_enable cvar was 1 but i double checked, and i also checked the debug and the game knows when i hit the +voicerecord key, but after I join certain servers the game doesn't pick up anything from my mic until i restart the game client

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

what are these servers you join where your mic doesn't work?

5. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

Does your mic work on the Empires Vanilla Server?

6. JohnLawless☭♞♫☢

JohnLawless☭♞♫☢ Member

One server that breaks my mic is ||nubs|| Main, the one that actually has people playing lol. I do not know what the vanilla server is.
    EDIT: I found a server called Empires Vanilla and my mic worked in it

7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

The mod doesn't support Linux yet, the Linux client is still pretty buggy, but you might ask Tama he has been working on a Linux version for the mod he might have some ideas how you can fix it, if possible.

8. JohnLawless☭♞♫☢

JohnLawless☭♞♫☢ Member

Thank you so much for all the help, I really appreciate it. Also I am so glad to know what the issue is, and if need be I could try running the windows version in wine.

9. Thexa4

We do support Linux. The only problem with Linux is reproducing problems.

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

yeah I meant there's a lot of issues with the Linux version, sorry used wrong word.

11. Thexa4

Has anyone else encountered voice issues like this? I've managed to reproduce it on a ThinkPad L430 using SteamOS.

12. JohnLawless☭♞♫☢

JohnLawless☭♞♫☢ Member

I have been playing the windows version of the game by running steam through wine, and that was an o.k. temporary solution but the game was a little buggy because of wine. However, I logged on in the linux version to ||nubz|| main and the microphone seems to work, the problem was probably either temporary or has been resolved. Thanks so much for the support!