Script changes ----- Empires 2.11.0 "Devastation"

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sgt.Security, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Is this an English class? It's not my first language but still.

For normal mines, they can be easily avoided, what does "they" mean here?
    A: The mines.
    B: The players.

As for undodgable mine, should I name you the maps that have a ladder? There's a dozen of them.
    Come on Lamer, I can't believe when I said "undodgable mines" and the only thing you came up with is District.

I also can't believe you have to quote one of my egotistic replies 3 years ago and like "haha I caught your tail"( and not even that).

I am not even mad here, you guys are kinda desperate.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  2. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

[SM] Initiated a vote: should mines be nerfed in future script update
    "To show the Change Team window, press the 'N' key."
    [SM] Demonkush voted for No
    [SM] the ugly rugrats dog voted for No
    [SM] Rightwing Extremist voted for No
    [SM] JK voted for No
    [SM] cat5niper voted for No
    [SM] Awpolt voted for No
    [SM] AQUAMOO voted for No
    [SM] =[KXIC]= DocRabbit_[NUBS] voted for No
    [SM] Griffin One Two voted for No
    pires : i wouldn't say better
    [SM] joshuaarmy voted for No
    [SM] +SuperJesus+ voted for No
    [SM] Echothecat424 voted for No
    [SM] Ϩͻяα† voted for No
    [SM] .|Ϟ|. Manu voted for No
    [SM] Moggie voted for Yes
    [SM] Vote successful. (Received 93 percent of 15 votes)

Here's my proof

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Annnd deep down into desperation. This is officially a joke.

First, there's no context whatsoever. Nerf mines? In what way by how much?
    Did you tell them that I am going to nerf mine so that it deals 10 damage to heavy tank? Even I would vote no.
    Judging by your level of desperation, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually lied to get your desired result.

Second, I know exactly how "vote" in Empires server works, you just encourage newbs to vote a thing and most people will follow.
    You just spam "2,2,2,2,2,2", and if there's no competitor, 2 would win most of the time.
    Again, I am not surprised if you did that.

Third, we should totally run the development with polling.
    We just create random votes during the game and it will decide the development direction.
    If you weren't there in the server, I am sorry, your opinion doesn't count.

Last, you must never learned the course "possibility and statistics".

If I actually take a sharp turn here and say : Holy mother of god 93% voted no! I am gonna take that change back. Then you should lose your shit because that means I got nothing to back my idea up.

4. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Are you suggesting we leave the scripts in God's hands?

Edit: also, will you please stop badgering us about this change? We just want to try mines not being deadly with health upgrade - what's the big deal?

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

We should change the script title to "Desperation".

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm not seeing the big deal with the mine change, it still 1 shots anyone without health upgrade, which is like 50% of everyone til near end game. I think part of the bad experience is when spart nerfed mines, but back then I think he nerfed them to do 80 damage to infantry so no health upgrade and people could still survive.

I personally don't think grens should be able to lock down buildings, tight areas in general, or ladders by themselves with starting mines. For the occasional people who do survive, big whoop, they gonna die to the wind blowing in their direction. I feel like a gren should take a second or something to secure an area against infantry if they really want to, otherwise they scatter wide to act more as a deterrent and simply kill off weakened players.

This feels more fair and balanced with teh idea of grens being the anti tank class. Now if only they had a rpg that could actually hurt tanks, or at least a stack of 5 mines should kill an afv everytime....

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

When you can just literally AFK and get kills, instead, telling you that you have to take your pistol 1 out and shoot the enemy for once is clearly gonna kill you, IRL.

Or, "another mine would guarantee the kill" is too much of a request.

8. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

See, here is the problem with Empires, the forums tend to dictate more than those playing the game, I didn't discuss in details the vote, I only asked what you see in the vote, I even ran it twice to make sure. But hey, if 93% of active players saying no won't convince you, then why am I wasting my time trying to talk sense into you that this is a bad decision, and not the only one made in recent times. I mean, in the end, its really the server operators decision what scripts are run, so I guess its really not in your hands after all, is it.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think I finally see that you just want your scripts in the game. It's obvious when you posted your own armor script.

When I disagree with you you just do it yourself. Because you can't be wrong, right?

No one is stopping you from running your own server with your script, why bother with me?

I am officially done with you.

10. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

You seriously think I had to convince them to vote a certain way. You see the names, ask them. I didn't punch the key to vote for them. In any way, they say they don't want mines nerfed, that was the point of the vote. So this vote is no good, but your little hidden forum vote is the deciding vote. Most people refrain from even coming here with the toxic environment this forum has.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

what other maps prominently feature ladders? isle? is that it?

12. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

maybe posting you a sample might give you an idea that maybe you could use to help, but forgive me from ever trying to help such a closed-minded person as you obviously are. I believe just the other day you said when we were discussing about how vanilla everything had become, and there was a way to bring armors back to having character, you said, well no one has ever showed me any numbers or examples on it, that is what my post was for.

And about wanting my scripts in the game, if that was the case, I would have taken the job when they offered it, I didn't want it.

13. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

"Third, we should totally run the development with polling."

Does that mean I can post a change suggestion vote and if I get a 50% up vote you will implement my change?

But in reality it's more like Doc mentioned. Server owners can always run what they please, so no fuss.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

how do you not know it was nerfed before. and was reverted because the change sucked.
    ive brought it up every time this discussion comes up.
    it didnt happen 6 years ago. it was 18 months. you were even on the team then.

it was tried. it doesnt work. why are we doing it again?

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Of course. DocRabbit showed the way its done.

And every single game out there is dumb because they don't make a poll for most of their script changes.

We, Empires is special, everyone gets to post his scripts and if you don't follow his idea, he can and should dump shit at the team.

I said give me ideas, not exact numbers.

I did say explicly that I am not gonna just plug in your script.

Or what? Everyone throw me their scripts and I have to plug them all in and test them all? No, you give me ideas.

16. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

My question doesn't involve your tift with Doc. If I wan't to know about DocRabbit, I'll ask DocRabbit.

Could I make a suggestion.... that any change gets a legitimate trial period.... then later a vote to keep or not.
    Seems a more reasonable path than voting on a option ahead of time that many may have not tried playing before.
    I don't even think you need a vote to implement changes necessarily. Just publicize the change and then when the feature drop/keep vote occurs in the future.

17. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

I don't want or expect you to use exact numbers, but I am sorry, an example is going to have numbers in it, otherwize, it's not an example.

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

No, vote does not work for game development in general, especially Empires.
    I left my vote there for 8 months and only 18 players voted.

Let's not even mention that everyone got his own version of "ideal Empires", it is the development team's job to decide the path.

If something is obviously breaking the game we can always revert that, we do not need waste time on 10~20 pollings after every patch.

You did have "scripter" title for 4~5 months until Tama removed that because of your inactivity. Is there something you don't want to tell me?

If you ain't got time for the job then you should respect the one who's got time, not just running your mouth with a "I know better, I am trying to talk some sense into you because you don't know shit." attitude.

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

with all that drama empires will live on for at least another year.

20. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Maybe instead of throwing shit at eachother we could just try out these ideas and see what works best. Focus that energy on making progress, not getting frustrated.

Thexa4 likes this.