Explosion Radius for Dying Tanks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Donald Trump, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Alright, I haven't ever seen this suggested before.

I propose that tanks, upon dying, explode. Now you might be saying "But they already do", well not really. I mean an explosion to kill nearby infantry (Both BE and NF), something that kills the stuff around it. In a tank column line and the tank to your left explodes? Great, your left armor just got hit. As an infantry taking cover behind a dying tank? Great, your dead. There needs to be some sort of explosion that happens when a tank dies, because as it is now the tank just kind of... goes darker colored and sits there.

Perhaps even make dead tanks have a chance to "cook off" and continue exploding for a bit so taking cover behind a dead tank can be risky.

This could encourage greater team play for teams to focus one tank to kill it and deal damage to surrounding tanks. Would be more of a risk for Engies to hop out and repair. In general, I think this might free up some of the boring pushes we always do by having tanks that die also deal damage to teammates and enemies around you. This would also prevent the strategy we see of "RAM THE ENEMY TANK" because if you kill him while rammed into him, you could die. If he kills you while you rammed into him, he could die.

Perhaps even have them deal more damage the better the tank such as:

Jeep: Damage of Std Cannon
    APC: Slightly more damage than Std Cannon
    AFV: Damage of ER cannon
    Med: Damage of HE cannon
    Arty: Damage of 203 Arty
    Heavy: Damage of Nuke/HE arty

This means if you have a heavy tank at low health, you either better swoop in to cover for it or risk your tanks taking damage.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I like the idea I really do.

But all I see is how vets are gonna complain about newbies driving their tanks too close to them.

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

This will make choke points even more choke-y I feel.

4. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

spams paper tanks to make chain reaction.

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I should point out that "ramming" does little to none damage, unless head-to-head(it deals a fuck ton of damage).

Also I think this is telling infantry to fuck off because now even friendly tanks can kill you, there's literally no safe place for you in late-game.
    For example, engineers will die while he's repairing a tank.

This will probably disencourage close range vehicle combat too(where vehicles actually die.)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  6. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Ramming maybe does no damage, but it's a strategy everyone uses to prevent the enemy tanks from being able to effectively fire back on you which is cheap.

Also, it is KIND of a fuck you, however it would add a new element to a game... running the fuck away from a dying tank.

It might, but I'd wager it wouldn't because if that is the only place they die... people will want to kill each other.

7. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I support any game mechanic that encourages kamikaze gameplay.

8. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I think Trump is taking a roundabout way to try and get slaughtered removed from rotation.

Also discourages a bit of team play, with a large enough pop engies on foot with a cluster of tanks can go a long way.

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Honestly it isn't going to stop me driving a tank like an idiot. It is just going to punish my whole team for me driving like an idiot.
    Needless to say the marvelous opportunities for intentional trolling.
    Like losing a tank doesn't get you bitched and moaned at enough, now you gotta take half a squad of frfiendly infantry with you.
    Blue on Blue in this game (which is a cluster fuck above 16v16) would suck.

10. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

10/10 i want more grief options for my teammates.

LordDz_2 likes this.
  11. Ranger

Ranger Member

Make CVs explode like big nuke when they die.

I would like bio explosion when tank with bioml dies.

12. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

What if you only made tanks equipped with fission engine explode? That wouldn't discourage repairing friendly tanks as much, as tanks with fission are more likely to be moving more so they wouldn't be being repaired anyway.

Alternatively, make the size of the explosion dependant on the speed of the vehicle at the time of death.

Edit: or better yet, make it depend on how overheated you are. That would probably make paper kamikaze tanks a less viable option.