Winter PUG, December 17th

Discussion in 'Events' started by Lazybum, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I don't remember picking him, pretty sure he was part of the auto-assign batch.

edit: re-watched the recording, I guess I did pick him, I have no idea who he is, JPL Tag...

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I get your rage, I did that a lot in scrims.
    But it's not like we were losing and we had to ninja to win.

You can tell from the fact that I quitted the squad when you wanted to use it for ninja.

3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I'm still not a big fan of ninjas as a gameplay mechanic...

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

If we HAD to ninja to win I would've stayed in the squad and monitor that personally.

5. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

How does a scout not have stickies? Did he toss them in the air on the way to the party?

I think I'd have rather lost that way than via better research on NF's part. Then I could just blame the team for not responding - hahaha

Oh and I want a Commander UMBRELLA to defend against squad arty. Unfair that the com is so vulnerable.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Scouts can have concussions again. I've failed a really really easy ninja because for some reason the scout took concs with him. Admittedly I didn't say it was going to be a ninja, I wasn't even planning on it, but I did assume scouts only had stuns for some reason.

I know the uses for them, but I can't fathom why anyone actually takes them. You just get so little out of concs.

7. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Yeah, the unintended side effect of re-adding concs is they are the default nades so scouts are suddenly even less useful again.

The only use I know of for concs is trolling, which hey I can get behind that I guess.

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

They are? I have stuns as default, and I'm certain I never bothered to change default loadouts. Pretty certain people are choosing to either be useless or to troll with, which is exactly the same as being useless but without the benefit of the doubt.

9. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I thought they were... mostly on the basis I remember having to go swap them and being mad about it.

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

That's why I am giving NF comm more strength next patch, it's twice as likely to take any hit, regardless of the damage source.

JustGoFly likes this.
  11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The big part of glacial going the way it did was, other than simply being outplayed and the initial research delay, the absolute lack of presence of mind of everyone on the team (I blame myself in particular) to tell our commander that the enemy is rolling absorbant instead of a more standard armor. This led to Mr. X spending precious time getting: Biology, Biological Weaponry, Biological Projectile, and Extended Range Cannon (and arguably its prerequisites but DU would have been killer there) instead of either pushing for heavies (they would have been done for the final few minutes), faster artillery (it would have worked wonders had it been done sooner), or just better anti-absorbant weapons (DU, missiles). Everyone seems to have omitted this.