Shooter in Moncton, New Brunswick at Large

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantrithor, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-shooting-3-rcmp-officers-dead-2-wounded-1.2665359

This definite /k/ or /pol/ browser got in a shootout with RCMP and police. There's one picture of him and he has a rambo headband (others say it's more like metal gear solid). He posted metal lyrics onto his facebook page before going in and starting whatever mess. Hasn't been found, police are looking for him.

There's more shit on his facebook page, like complaints against gun control, a picture of him and his buddy (or brother I think) hunting in the woods, and an image macro about the Rothschild family, also more metal lyrics. I don't think we've got any New Brunswick players here but if anyone from New Brunswick is reading this stay safe and all that.

Discuss.

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I share no love for police forces, but random unjustified shootings don't receive my support either.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

dum,b conspriracy theory idiot. very surprising

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

As long as no civilians get hurt, i'm fine with this. I always wonder why there aren't more shooters that target police forces, it seems such an obvious target.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The police are a harder target, perhaps?

6. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Mission failed.

7. BigTeef

He must have had too many Russian Glowcaps.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I blame casual gaming for this attitude.

9. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Because all police are scum, amirite?

10. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

They broke my phone.

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Where is his box?

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Last I was updated on from last night (or well 2 AM this morning) he was hiding innawoods that's just near the suburb he did this in. There's actually 2 pictures of him, another taken by a person from the safety of their home (you can tell by the tint on the picture that it's being taken through a window). He's definitely not going for any civilians cause he could easily have crashed into people's homes and shot them there; his only targets are law enforcement. The video that was on facebook some /pol/ user reuploaded to youtube, and Huffington post embed the video into their article and someone on Reddit used the video for their post, so the /pol/ user had some fun with the name.

[​IMG]

Get a load of this edgy faggot. For someone who lives in Chiraq, you should be thankful there's police doing the dirty work for you.

13. BigTeef

Edit: Forget it, I don't feel like coming home and dealing with your constant abuse again.
    I am just going to report you for flame baiting and be done with it.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  14. complete_

complete_ lamer

lunatic

e: its over. useless topic can go away now

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/justin-bourque-moncton-shooting-suspect-in-police-custody-1.2666921

28 hours, he's caught. Apparently he just gave up, witnesses heard him say "I give up". There are some parallels drawn with Breivik, the Norwegian national. Residents are out on the streets at 2:30 AM in a sort of communal celebration. The police scanner has returned to just reporting normal operations.

In related news, another shooting from earlier yesterday http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27726855.

There's definitely been a lot of unrest in the past couple of days - Elliot Rodgers, Justin Bourque, and whoever the unknown is at Seattle Pacific University. It's also the 25th anniversary of the Tienanmen Square Protest and Massacre, a historical event of civil unrest. Whatever develops of this, although I doubt anything is "happening" I hope there aren't any moves to regulate guns any further.

16. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

On average, ~42 people die every day in the United States from intentional homicide. Some days, that'll be less; some days, that'll be more. Sometimes they'll be related, sometimes they won't. It's not that there's particularly more unrest, it's that it's been more newsworthy for reporting, because either it's schoolkids getting shot or it's local. Four people got shot at Seattle Pacific, of which one died. Elliot Rodger killed 6 and injured 13. As far as killing sprees go, neither of them are particularly notable for those numbers. Hell, there was a killing that left 6 people dead about a year ago in Miami, I didn't hear a single thing about it in conversations or see anything in the news. It wasn't any worse, it wasn't any better, but it was all kinds of less newsworthy.

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

from wikipedia
    ruh-roh

18. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

As much as I'd like it and I still hope your government would actually put some stricter gun laws in place, that's not going to happen. Not as long as your government is practically run by industrial lobbyists.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Canada, my friend, we have stricter gun laws. We are ranked 13th in the world for most guns per capita, but we have a much lower rate of gun crimes than the states does.

I used to be for regulating guns but I've changed in recent years, since regulating gun laws does nothing, it's much easier to get guns and ammo from the blackmarket, all it does is leave more citizens defenseless while people who will always want to shoot another man can still get guns illegally. The only way to fix the problem is to change the mindset of people and their culture surrounding how to deal with their problems, not regulating everything they do to the point that good honest citizens can't do anything in life.

20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

as long as guns exist - and they exist - there is shit all you can do about such events. even with gun regulation, if you want to suicide by cop (what more is it?*), you could do with legal weapons aswell.

but because of this, do i think there should be lax regulations for guns? no, ofc not.

*canada is a civilized country with no death sentence, right? i hope they get him alive ...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014