Overdue Update

Discussion in 'News' started by Krenzo, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Blur: it's artificial though, because when looking at the screen your eyes automatically focus on the action and not that gun. when you want to look at the gun, we actually do focus on it, and so it shouldn't be blurred. there's no blur in any for the rest of the game, so it doesn't make sense that there would be some on the iron sight, right? i mean, when you look down the street, the walls near you don't blur.. so it would be inconsistant.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

So we all wait for DoF. :p

3. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

I love the new designs. The scout rifle could have a longer barrel, though, and have a bit more recoil.

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The feedback seems to be that the weapons are kicking enough. I added a kick reduction modifier so that weapons don't kick as much when in iron sights. I'm removing this based on the feedback. I also have a modifier to increase weapon accuracy by 25% when in iron sights. Should I remove this as well? My thinking was that the inaccuracy of using the iron sight itself instead of a crosshair was enough that I needed to compensate with slight bonuses. What are you thoughts? We can test this with the forum release if needed.

5. Simon

Simon Banned

I'd say there should be an increase in accuracy. Going from shooting from your hip or from your shoulder blind to iron sights would increase your accuracy. Have you played stalker Krenzo? They do iron sights really well.

6. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Agreed, the whole point of ironsights is for accuracy. It sure is hell isnt so you can see the enemy easier.

Add a little zoom if you didnt, like 10%. Im not sure if you did or not, i dont remember.

7. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I dont think all of the noraml kickback should be added in, just a tad. WHen you fire a real rifle from your shoulder you lose the target for a moment when the gun kicks back but not as much as you would fireing at the hip.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

yeah it will be wierd with out the ironsight animation but i think it needs a little bit more accuracy

the guns look sweet

did you guys redo the BEHR? cause i think it looks ugly

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

what! i love the new model! what part of it don't you like?

Are all the animation bugs, like when you melee and it does the animation 4 times, fixed?

10. Simon

Simon Banned

Less side to side sway and more kick?

11. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

that side to side sway is player controled, thats not an animation. When in iron sight mode you can move the gun around a bit to see, like a real gun.

12. Gelnika

Gelnika Member

I think he was talking about the old BEHR- model.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

yeah i dont like it how it is now.. i havent seen anything that says they changed it.. but the hand on the clip doesnt look right to me

14. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Have you guys drawn any concept images for the Northern Faction Aircraft Factory? If so please share.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I picture the NF one looking more like an airstrip...

16. Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music)

Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music) Member

We don't really have room for an airstrip, and since the aircraft are VTOL I expect it to look quite similar to the BE equivalent.
    Some kind of high-rise Helipad.

17. Opie

Opie Member

I don't think anyone read your post all the way thru because you offered a forum release and no one went crazy and jumped all over it. I think there should be significant advantages to using the iron sighting, on the other hand that may help campers. So I guess I don't know, but I'm leaning to at least the 25% accuracy boost, maybe something like a 10% accuracy and 10% feedback reduction.

18. Gelnika

Gelnika Member

I'm pretty sure that counts BEHR too ;)

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The Brenodi weapons aren't all done yet.

20. Darg

Darg Member

I agree with Opie, 25% accuracy increase, 10% less kick and a 10% zoom.

Alternatively to the drop in kick you could have it return to it's proper position quicker. We still need to make sure that firing in bursts is much better then firing full auto. Even in ironsight mode full auto should be firing wild after 5 shots. After 10 shots it should be even worse then firing from the hip would be after 10 shots. At that stage I would imagine that being able to have it held nearer your centre of gravity and therefore more stable would matter more then actually looking down the sights and holding it more steady with your off-hand.