Nukebug, (not Nukeheatbug)

Discussion in 'Support' started by -=]Kane[=-, Aug 31, 2008.

1. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I dont know if its already wrote down, havent found anything but:
    I got killed by a nuke while !driving! an BE APC, the apc still was fine (red-yellow blinking lost the armor), so i just spawned again inside the APC... its might the same bug like the "drown in a vehicle bug"
    or is that Radiation?! :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

If you spawned into seat 2 it is possible, or possibly if your "body" lagged to a position outside of the tank or something.

I think you were probably in seat two. this may be a difficult one to test unless anyone from JPL wants to help out on their server while no one is on it. Or maybe the vets server if it's available for a minute, I know porthos has been messing with stuff recently.

3. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

No omg ... i build that apc and driven it like i wrote i were not in the second seat and dont get any lag,
    the server lagged yeah, but as driver it shouldnt lag me out of the apc ...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  4. flatmush

flatmush Member

Yeah I've taken body damage from a nuke before when in a vehicle, never killed me though. Dunno why it happens or what causes it though.
    It's a very infrequent bug, though that's possibly due to the fact that nukes rarely get researched.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  5. communism

communism poof

I've been killed while driving an APC also. About an hour ago while fighting an AFV as a light tank I took a direct hit from its cannon shell (My tank was unscaved but my HP was down 40). I'm pretty sure it has to do with lag because it has only happened to me those two times

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Does this mean that you temporarily 'lag' outside of your APC?

7. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I saw something like that yesterday. The guy was probably in position two but he was standing behind the turret.

8. communism

communism poof

I think so.. when I got hit by that cannon shell my camera jerked outside of my tank to where the shell "blew up" then jerked back to my normal tank view... It all happened in like a split second so

9. Empty

Empty Member

I've seen people sitting 4 meters behind a jeep and just cruising.

10. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

If you can get damaged by normal weapons, like the second seat in the BE APC or jeeps... there is a small chance the nuke hits you instead of the vehicle first, so it registers a hit on you... and you die.

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

It's the server. Bad registry. I knew it couldn't be my lack of aiming skills.

12. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Simple solution

make everyone not in the second seat invincible(unless it blows up, of course, or in a jeep)

Problem solved...next....?

13. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

If you are in position 2 of the BE APC, that's fine...you'll die....

otherwise, the damage should cascade: first hitting the vehicle, the vehicle acts on it, decides wether to pass it on or not. If it does pass it on, the driver gets the damage, processes it and the damage stops (nowhere to go after it hits a player).

14. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I believe passengers other than spot 2 have always been invincible in earlier versions, I'm not sure but the invincibility might have been removed a few rc's ago.