Comdropped Turrets lvl2/3 should cost more

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by -=]Kane[=-, May 4, 2010.

1. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Lvl2 and lvl3 turrets should cost more then lvl 1 turrets
    Not much just slightly,
    atm 75 res for lvl1 ML turrets are far to much, but 50/75 for lvl3s is cheap
    should be around:
    MG turrets 40/50/65
    ML turrets 50/65/85

Lower the turret research costs to balance it out, it should make a difference if you research it and use it all over the place or just some, because once researed a lvl 3 costs the same as a lvl 1 but both are NOT worth the same amount of ress.

/EDIT: It's a suggestion to balance turret reseach between a team which has most of the map vs a team which has only 1 base,
    both currently pay the same for upgraded research, but the winning team would definitly get more turrets which makes research more valuable for them, then the loosing team which can only effort few turrets,
    with this change however the loosing team would pay less and the winning team (more area=more turrets) pay more ...
    Discuss

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

I think current system is fine.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That's a stupid stupid stupid idea. Why not just instead have turret level 1, level 2 and level 3's accessible from the get go, but have them cost 20-50 res more for each level, eh?

Totally removes the fact that you have to research it from the equation. That's what makes it cost - not just res, but time, which is critical.

Hai guis y don't we jus' remove any point in researchin' this. That's all you're doing, most of the time they get researched to help a losing team, which doesn't have much res. Dope.

4. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

More costs? Only if you have enough ress to SPAM them ...

That's the excact reason why i wrote to lower the research costs for the lvl2/3 turrets, because if you don't have much ress you won't spam the turrets and therefor SAVE money
    -_-'

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Ok let me rephrase, perhaps I over reacted.

I see no point to this except that level 1 ml's are expensive and underpowered. All the MG's are very good, ml's aren't so much bang for your buck.

6. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

You could compare it to tank weapon reseach, you already payed for the research but still need to pay more for the researched weapon then the std model,
    It's to balance teams/early tanks etc for similar reasons this suggestion

I don't think that the current system has any use tbh,
    75 res for a single lvl1 ml, 3 lvl1 mls cost more then a rax ...

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

2.6 (how to indicate that its periodic?) MLs for a rax to be precise. in this context at the current state i think especially lvl1s are to weak. for lvl2s it woudl be a good price if only they would be better (i mean really better, they still are crap) and for lvl3s it might even be to cheap (tho they are crap too)

just supporting you, tho i think that a different approach might be better ;)

8. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Not to derail the thread, but what about moving turrets to a more centralized research? If a team is losing, odds are that they don't have time to open a new tree that will just get them further behind then have to spend resources on building the turrets.

Similar to the old rpg upgrade issue: the only time a team needs it is if they are losing, and if they are losing, odds are they cant afford it.