TECH SUPPORT COMPILATION (Read this first!)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Beerdude26, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Necromunger

Necromunger Member

i dont have my windows disk anymore it was stolen

maybe some supernatral agent desided that i have had enough fun and is stoping me from playing because i dunno how somthing can go wrong this meny times

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  2. REX

REX Member

hmmm...... do you still have your original key for windows ?

If you do you can find an iso and create a new one but that will take some time, dont know how familiar you are with that process.

3. Necromunger

Necromunger Member

its on a sticker on the side of my computer
    and i dont know what an ISO is so i dont think im familer lol

4. REX

REX Member

Well its ahm....... a simulation of a CD or DVD. THeres a lot of pirates out there and they use them therefore you can find what would be like a backup copy of your old CD and download it and burn it on to a real CD.

(Be carefull though some of them have virus) Usually the most safe stuff is via torrent downloads.

You need a simulation program like Daemon tools and then simulate a drive mount it and make a total copy.

If you havent done this before or dont have a CD burner ... or dont know what torrents are it might be a bit difficult... and take a lot of time.

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Necromunger, are you by any chance missing the . on your keyboard?

6. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

IMO, its easy.

Download and install µTorrent.

Go to thepiratebay or ISOHunt and find a XP Pro (or Home, whichever version you OWN) and find a torrent for it. Make sure its the right size - if there are comments on the torrent( the piratebay has comments) look to see if it is favorably rated...download the torrent and open it with µTorrent. Wait for the download to finish.

With Nero or some similar burning program installed, open the torrent and burn it to a CD.

Quite frankly, I don't think this is piracy since you already own the license for the software...

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well you're actually just making a copy of software that you own in a really, really complex way :p

8. Necromunger

Necromunger Member

i have the . on my keyboard and another thing is i had a go at playin CS:S and it worked for about 5 minits had some hardcore fun till i got the error and when i try it with empires it crashes when i get to the server log in screen
    and gives me the same error i actualy just got another blue creen trying to get into an aussi server today

9. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Try using the . key when you post.
    [​IMG]

10. Necromunger

Necromunger Member

wtf... so when you cant help someone you just scan them for errors

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

do you realize how difficult it is to understand you when everything is one massive sentence? probabaly not. well its hard as hell.

12. Necromunger

Necromunger Member

yeah im sorry its just all the people i talk to are like that, we somehow get by automaticly takeing breaths when we need one lol. ill try to use as gooda grammer as i can

but i also understand i do have a very hard and complicated problem i dought will never be fixed untill i buy a whole new computer.

13. REX

REX Member

All the unstable stuff started happening after you had a "computer shop" put in the new HD and reinstall windows right ?.

if so I guess they did something very wrong when they reinstalled all your stuff. So there is a good chance a clean install will help. Also are you sure that you have the right driver for that 8600 card ?

14. Necromunger

Necromunger Member

im not sure but soon im going to take it back and give them a list of all the problems and what the blue screens have been saying and things like that and hopefully they can fix

15. REX

REX Member

16. Necromunger

Necromunger Member

i think i might have already dune that lol.

17. snake2h1t

snake2h1t Member

help

kay, so, whenever i try to join a server (empty or otherwise) it always says that they are using a different class table...what does this mean...and i'm using empires 2.0 (if that isn't the newest version i'm gonna feel like a complete idiot)

...yup...i'm an idiot

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  18. Slice

Slice Member

I am getting the IDirect3DDevice9::Present() error and I don't know where I can update my drivers, can anyone help?

19. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

www.nvidia.com maybe?
    You update the drivers of the manufactorer of your graphic card! So just get a hammer and smash your computer and check what graphic card you got or so do you go to CONTROL PANEL - SYSTEM - SOMETHING WITH MACHINE - and then the top button.

20. Slice

Slice Member

Thanks man! I'm sorry that I'm a nub at this.