Shift build for commanders

Discussion in 'Implemented' started by HaschteWas, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Could work, do consider the fact it takes a bit of time to get level 3s up if infantry do it themselves, also potentially precious time if commander researches them. Turrets also don't do a whole lot endgame, so you have to ask if having to research turrets is worth an early game advantage. I am just saying that because while lvl3s are kinda annoying, the effort it takes to get them feels like a fair tradeoff.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

lvl3s are actually really lame endgame, as anyone attempting to ninja in any way is about to have a bad time.

3. Lazybum

I don't see the problem with that, the commander took the time to research and build those turrets. Ninjaing should be a very risky endeavor, because it relies so much on just a few people it makes sense that it can be stopped when the commander spends more of his time on that defense.

Turrets are kinda useless I feel when heavy tanks start rolling. Although now that I kinda think about it mgs tend to stay alive for longer just because they don't shoot tanks, warning them that there is a turret.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

lv3 mls are a joke to heavies unless you can get a large mass of them. IF you do... you just gave that heavy driver a ton of points to pick up. They should launch 2 mls at a time instead of one thus doubling the firepower. They should also no longer target buildings. <dun, dun, DUN!>

5. Lazybum

Now there is an idea. I want to see how that one works out.

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

It was doing that for a while. I liked it that way.

7. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Added. It's the same key as whatever you have +emp_comm_mselect to, which I picked because it's shift by default.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

That's fucking awesome.