Scout rifle prevents people from being revived.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by PreDominance, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Make it a tooltip as the map loads. Add a separate killicon. Add a slash to the revive.

Configuring your vehicle is 10x harder than anything else in this game for idiots to learn/

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Another tool tip no one will read, another thing for people to be like wtf why can't I revive/why cant I be revived. So will there be some timer on the screen showing when you can revive?

I just don't really see this being important or necessary. Specially with all the talk on changing revive and removing the sniper rifle.
    It's just adding more things to learn. People won't have the patients to read and learn all this shit. I really thing this game needs to focus more on being a game people can pick up quickly. Like bull shit features like diffusing mines and refitting tanks.. This game has so many aspects and features already.

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Then head to my thread int he GD about the new features that other people are trying to add. This one not only makes some sense, it will help gameplay.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

No I agree with your other thread. But how will this help when you are further promoting shitty snipers and just making a engineer wait 15 secs longer to revive? Seems like it's just gonna slow down the game play or piss off revivers cause some dude didn't wait the 15 seconds.

Seem's like more coding and time spent to add this then its worth. Another thing for people to have to learn when this game needs to become more obvious on how it works.

5. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

It makes sense the only scoped/accurate weapon prevents reviving. Also, this will speed UP gameplay, as it'll prevent people from holding off with a few riflemen and engineers hiding behind walls.

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I disagree. A nuke hitting someone would make more sense for no revive. But again this will have to be coded in. I don't see this happening and if it did it should be pretty low on the list.

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Well last time I talked to Brutos it was merely code optimization, not features.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Still doesn't make sense to me. No one will realize that only this one weapon(which might be removed) makes it impossible to revive for 15 seconds? Why not just no revive at all?

It's just more things to explain to new people. I really feel this game needs to head in a more simple direction if they want it to get a big fan base. I tried to get my cousin to play and then I realized how much I had to explain for him just to get the jist of it.

Gun's should just kill and revives should just revive. I mean, what does this even change or fix? You are just making people wait longer to revive which mayamas suggestion of being revived with low health that regens already fixes. And that idea at least is something noobs will realize, they don't need to ask "hey why can't I get revived or revive this guy"

Or are you trying to make the sniper rifle useful with out becoming an awp? Because really it will just make it become more annoying imo.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

No point. Rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.