Records

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by HungryGuy, Sep 1, 2006.

1. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Sgnt. cooper's unofficial log, 51st Armored Division.

1st day of main: 10 years 5 months 2 weeks 4 days into the war.

It is the 15 year annerversery of the end of the Kolntus-Emin War,
    I arrived at camp 82 after being transferred from the decimated 23rd mobile inf, after the usual afternoon rains, mud slowing our S17 Half-track’s progress.
    Our unit will leave for the front in two days, already we are starting to get shipments meant for the 34th inf who will take our place in camp.

5th day of main

Saw our first action today, intercepted a Northern Deep patrol, we destroyed 2 jeeps, and took 3 prisoners, to no damage suffered to any of our tanks, the
    prisoners where sent to "interrogation", poor souls.

7th day of main

While most of the division where given afternoon leave for Singe's day, my group was sent on an aggressive patrol, most say is was because Mcgiur shot Gen. Ruben's jeep during rifle practice. We went all the way to the oxbow river, found the bridge destroyed and a few Northern Grenadiers waiting, Cirth's tank suffered a damaged track, but other than that no losses.

Here the datachip has damage so the rest of the information comes from other sources.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  2. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Aside from spelling that's pretty good. Make one about some NF recruit :)

3. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

The theme of these stories is to make it sound like you're reading the accounts decades after the war ended, so I will write from the perspectives of both sides.

4. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Extract from "The Endless War" an autobiography by Lt. V. Yuri of the NF 61st Recon

The Imp armoured collum continued down the dessert track, we could easily follow it's progress without our binoculars from our position on a ridge above a curve in the track, a perfect spot for an ambush. At least that's what command thought.

As the Imps came closer I listened to Pvt. Stalin's Report to command. Why do I
    get the newblood, Stalin had just finished his two weeks in the academy, the grenadiers who were behind us were busy checking their equipment, if I looked closely I could just make out the fake bushes amongst the real ones, that cosealed our riflemen.

Our grenadiers were now either setting up their mortars or crawling to hide just behind the crest of the ridge, I was thankful a had my camouflage netting to provide at least some shade.

As the lead tank rounded the corner, suddenly it leaped up as the mine beneath it exploded, half a second later the grenadiers started firing, while an artillery bombardment cut off their retreat. Soon all of the Imp vehicles where destroyed or abandoned, while the survivors where taking cover behind the shells of the tanks they had been driving seconds before, or running towards the bushes, a big mistake. A burst of machinegun fire killed the front runners while the rest dropped down on their stomachs, but there was no cover, it was surrender or die. Most, willingly or not died. Out of 25 Imps we captured 3, and only one was uninjured. The Imps where suprised when we gave them the same medical treatment as our own wounded, their propaganda told them we eat the wounded.

As this clearly shows, the NF were masters of suprise tactics.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

not bad, good story.

watch your spelling though. I recommend (as i do) that you origionally make your story in Word, so you can use the spell checker. it won't catch everything though- haha, a 'dessert' is something you eat after a main course. Also, it's recommended that you don't abreviate in descriptive text, but as this is a record, then it's fine.

Keep it up, lmao at "their properganda told them we eat the wounded."

6. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Two weeks, that was all the training I got. Two weeks of reloading practice, running Sgnt. Rent’s obstacle course and eating grantien rations. But here I am, in the newly formed 32nd mobile inf. In the gray plains, why the Imps would want 300 square kilometers of mud is beyond me, all there in in summer is rain and mud, and in winter, hail and frozen mud. But this is where we halted their offensive, and only because their tanks can’t handle the mud and slush like our Armored cars can, all thew can send are AFVs and artillery shells, and they send lots of those.

Trudging though this mud I feel that if they do came in force, we would be swept from these plains and have to make our stand in the mountains. Orders are to hold them off until command can send air support, we’ve been holding for six months, though I only arived a week ago.

From our foxhole, we could watched as the Imps loaded their artillery, for another hours bombardment. When hearing a sound behind us we tuned to see three Imps sneaking up behind us, they had obviously seen our jeep and where coming to investigate, one was almost on top of us, wasting no time we dropped them, jumped into our jeep and drove for the roadway.

I woke up, bruised and sore, trying to remember what had happened, the room I was in was unfamiliar, all I could recall was the jeep hitting something, or falling, or something. Sitting up I realized I wasn’t in a room, but an Imp AFV, it looked in a bad way, the body of an engineer lay on the floor next to where I had been lying, and the floor had a hole in it.

Climbing out I saw that I was near the Imp camp, or what was left of it, fire and smoke made it hard to see even the outer bunker, shelled out vehicles littered the landscape, belonging to both sides, a derelict APC looked reasonably intact, so I went to see if I could scavenge supplies, Finding only a few days food and a SMG I decided to investigate an Imp jeep. Then someone hit me from behind and that is all I remember.

Statement of captured NF grenadier. Prvt. V. Frons