New year, new chances

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lazybum, Jan 14, 2020.

?

What's your wish for this year?

1. Empires 2: Electric boogaloo

75.0%
  2. Some other game that's been in development forever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Movies

25.0%
  4. Finishing school

25.0%
  5. Getting job

50.0%
  6. Getting yourself a 3d waifu

25.0%
  7. World Domination

75.0%
  8. I have everything i want, this year has nothing exciting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

What you looking forward to this year? That hot new game coming out? Some awesome movie? Finally finishing some dumb project that's taken forever?

What you wishing for?

2. Redskull

Redskull Member

We bought a house last year and have been doing a lot of renovating. What I'm looking forward to is finishing the kitchen so we can move in from the guest house into the main house, and after that I'll tackle the bathroom. Or the chimney, old septic tank, drainage etc..

What about yourself Lazybum?

3. Lazybum

Getting a decent way to earn income, possibly get enough cash for a house. Whatever house I end up with is gonna be a shit show, but good news I spent like the last 2 years fixing up shit shacks as my job so I'm confident I can fix nearly anything.

Also finally getting to fixing my car, it's been stuck in the driveway for like 8-10 months now waiting for repairs. I miss that thing :(.

4. Redskull

Redskull Member

Yeah doing everything yourself is a good way to keep costs down and it's pretty gratifying as well. My job allows me to bring home used materials whenever they renovate something, so I currently got enough random scrap to build a shack for my firewood.

What kinda car you got? I'm looking for a project car with more clearance than my Volvo V70, like an older Land Rover or something.

5. Lazybum

I have a 2004 forester xt, here's a pic of one in not beat up condition.

[​IMG]

Only difference is my mine has a sunroof and leather seats. Leather seats are super nice just because I carry a dog that likes to get muddy, easy clean up. At the moment it needs head gaskets and I never had time/money to really do the job but I do now, currently waiting for temps not to be freezing because working in the cold is awful.

But yeah, it's been a good car, haul tons of stuff, handles nice, decent power. I even lived out of it for like 3 months, it wasn't bad really. Looking at wiki it only has an extra inch of clearance compared to that volvo you mentioned, but putting spacer blocks on the forester is a popular thing to do for people wanting to take it offroading. Only real downside is poop mpg for this turbo edition and quite a bit of road noise thanks to the doors not having framed windows, although i love the frameless design.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I (unexpectedly and positively) finished university in November and I'm all set for my 13-month internship starting in March, the only real "career" wish would be to pass the national medical exam decently, but seeing as that's in four short weeks from now I'll instead declare my wish to be: finally tell the D&D story that I've been preparing for 2+ years now. We got a party together that feels synergised to me, we're just struggling to work around everyone's schedules. Fingers crossed this year will bring some stability there and let us tell the best story everrr.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

getting myself a job that actually pays money and isnt some minimum wage rote work lol