Infiltration: Subtle Pending [DEBRIEFED]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Nov 25, 2013.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

We were into S&M shit, and we switched roles on occasion.

I wear them to make sure im grabbing the right person.
    Her father was in the room grading my performance.

He was making sure my stylus was following the correct path, and matching the rhythm.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. chrono

chrono Member

so like...theres no glasses-free player who plays empires? at all?

btw how much costs a laser surgery for eyes?

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Even if laser eye surgery was cheap I wouldn't want it. I hear there was some problems with it like text and things being a little blurry and you couldn't do anything about it. I mean sure it sounds nice that I can look at most things with out glasses fine, but it would really bother me that I couldn't focus on the fine details.

4. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I do pretty well without glasses, even though I'm supposed to wear some. I mainly wear them when I'm in certain classes where the room is large (I'm nearsighted) otherwise I go without. My vision is good enough that I don't have a restriction on my driver's license saying I need glasses.

Also I believe laser eye surgery can be up to $4k per eye, depending on how much you need corrected. Wouldn't ever do it, though.

Thin metal frames for life. Seriously, those plastic ones look silly and seem excessive, I'd rather the frame be as unobtrusive as possible.

5. chrono

chrono Member

i didnt suggest anyone do it, but if you have glasses, chances you have more information about in than i.
    also...4k each eye? like,...is it possible to do for only one eye?
    what will person do with the other one? put a patch?

6. BigTeef

So if I put down 4 grand, I can get a monocle for my unfixed eye.
    That sounds rad as shit.

7. Empty

Empty Member

Scoreboard
    Special Mentions:

Average Day award goes to Sitka for finding nobody but base crew the entire game.

Ultimate Irony award goes to Paradox for managing to kill Trickster, on day one too!

Didn't Fuck Up award goes to Devourawr for not shafting the entire team when he died.

Open Book award goes to iMacmatician for making it very easy to find the medic

Most Retarded award goes to Bigteef. I don't need to justify this.

Strangest Player award goes to D.D.D. Destroyer. //Fixed, I'm retarded

Debrief

There weren't many clues this round, Infils had a tough time so I didn't give many clues.

The clues that were there were pretty subtle, I didn't want to give it away, sadly I was a bit too subtle (or alternatively I suck at writing, your distinction) and nobody got any of the clues.

Clue 1)

I wanted to be careful h ere because if I said it too clearly it'd point to complete. My office was completely annihilated by flame. Which space ship glasses entire planets from orbit, essentially purging everything by flame? Why, the Grantrithor of course. Yes, this is a very subtle hint but it was day 1, I didn't wanna give it away.

Clue 2)

I was a bit too subtle here but if I outright stated it Lazybum was a corpse.
    Basically our poor base crew is on watch duty, he's waiting for his relief, and his relief turns up, but what's this?

He's implying that his relief is late. Lazybum is, well, lazy. So he's late when he relieves people.

Clue 3)

This is pretty straightforward, I wanted to throw a little more fuel on the spartacus fire.

Clue 4)

Someones late for guard duty again. How about that.

Bonus Clue)

Sorry hamster. I just like the word scurried.

Final breakdown

Infils did a pretty good job but sitka just pulled them apart. I actually fucked up the balance I think, 2 scouts would have been insane. Sitka built up a squad incredibly quickly and took power over the game, the infils played pretty well in my opinion (shout out to spartacus for staying alive so long, he did a good job in my opinion) honestly it just came down to sitka getting shitloads of base crew identified, forming a mob and slaying the reds.

Overall a good game, deadposting was fucking annoying but other than that I have no major gripes.

GG.

8. Empty

Empty Member

Note on scores:
    I might change it so if a special class gets voted off all infils get a bonus if I think they were responsible for the lynching, since the current system only rewards the guy who voted for them, and it's bad practice for every infil to vote for the same target.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Ive been an avid gamer for most of my life. I also tend to read when it's poorly lit. Im also the only person in my family that doesnt need any sort of correction.

Also, apparently paradox didnt die on the first round. Fuck, this round sucked.

10. Lazybum

Oh so those were the clues. I have to say I don't think I would have gotten Grantrithor's clue in a million years. You also make me sad I didn't assassinate sitka when I thought I should have, then we would have been able to see Destroyer's story when he got killed off.

11. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Trickster -15 points for getting himself killed in the first round as the scout.

12. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

That pretty much sums that story up.

On the other hand I can't wait to see tricksters reaction when he reads it xD

13. BigTeef

I can accept this.
    I disagree with the fucktard bit, because that essentially kept sitka alive.
    But I can still accept this.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  14. Lazybum

Not really teef. To be honest if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have guessed it was Sitka. Here was the PM :

My response to this:

That was day 4, after you made a announcement you were working with the scout and made that list.

Day 3, after Spartacus and grant died went like this:

To put it bluntly, I for the most part ignored most of what you said and just went with my gut feeling for day 3. Day 4 I felt like I was right but still suspected Mcgyver so went with complete on that one, because like I said I never played this game before so I couldn't really tell what I was suppose to be doing and complete did make some sense. Though rereading it a bit I do think complete didn't completely ignore you.

15. BigTeef

I mis fed info to complete.
    And had DDD checked the night before you were lynched.
    I said who was being checked but it was never the person I said it was going to be.

I purposely sent nothing but bullshit to complete, while normal pms to everyone else.
    I just included their names on the list and sent the real pms to them without complete included.
    Mcgyver was checked night 1, I was checked night 2, hamster was night 3, wealthy night 4.
    Under no circumstance did I actually follow through with my word on who we were checking, and I made it look like sitka was scouted when it was actually somebody else.

I knew DDD was to be trusted but sitka would not shut the fuck up about him being guilty, so I went with his word.

Now to respond to complete for being butthurt over my forced stupidity, the entire point of this was to use my freshness as a advantage, because I was unpredictable.
    So by making myself sound like a whiny baby to the point where dev is swearing at me in steam chats, and reassuring me that its only a game. I knew it was working.
    After that was brought upon predators use of vocabulary. By calling me a psychopath, I developed the most evil way of winning the game thus creating the number method of lynching one and checking the other.

Not only were you guys feeding everyone against me, but you completely wrote me off and decided to ignore me until the last second which bought me enough time to basically send pm's full of fucking lies to everyone and then gauging their responses. Complete did a terrible job of hiding himself, but I had an idea of who was safe and collaborated with sitka from there.
    Now this is where I fuck up completely.
    I did not put empty in the pm lists at all, I didn't realize this until wealthy told me to, and ive been talking with sitka the entire time via steam because fuck spamming pms.
    But I should have used Pm's so everything could be explained more in the endgame.

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

from pm:
    night 1- mcgyver
    night 2- teef
    night 3- hamster
    possible. devourawr was asking scout to contact him (maybe scout never took the time to target him). explains why bigteef would be not killed. doesnt explain why someone like mcgyver was targeted day one when there were many other suspects.

umm just pointing out i did pretty much have it. when you said you were scouted day 1 then that pretty much sent you to scouted day 1 or 2 category. was confused why devourawr targetted mcgyver because if he knew the scout then that meant an innocent could've died very easily.

i included grant in my final list because you were so sure he was going to be infil, even though he didnt do much. so in conclusion i didnt completely ignore you but i did wade through all the shit you said to me to find the truth. i knew you were scouted, and i knew it was on day 1 or 2

17. BigTeef

Dev diden't know about sitka until the last second, I apologize for that because sitka sent me the results at the last second as well.
    And I told dev who he scouted.

18. complete_

complete_ lamer

so people called you out as a liar when you sent them pms full of bullshit?

like, lets say you WERE an infiltrator, and someone said you were lying over pm... wouldnt that make them a potential target? this is why i never called you out as a liar

i was just playing like a normal cautious player would throughout the entire game. i wasn't "hiding" or anything

19. BigTeef

"this is why i never called you out as a liar"

No sane person would agree with me, nor should they.
    Sense you weren't hiding your role, maybe you should in the future.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

well i guess if i was innocent then i would've ended up dead anyway. had nothing to do with you acting like an idiot lol