Empires Wont Start -1.071

Discussion in 'Support' started by Trid3nt, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Nice solution Niarbeht. Does this have any advantages if you aren't experiencing crashes? Like performance boosts or anything.

2. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

For me it gives me a massive advantage "I can Play Empires" ROFL
    [​IMG]

You asked for that lol:p

3. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Broccoli:
    If it gives a performance boost, it's minimal. I DO know that it seems to screw up district, but aside from that...

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

IIRC Krenzo was moving over to the new SDK for 1.08, so you might have to have the SDK base installed anyway.

I could be worng though. :/

5. Lithium

Lithium Member

Yeah that fix works perfectly for empires but when i try that for all of my other mods, I can play but all of the models are fucked up, the player models have no animations and all of the weapon models turn up as error signs (in sourceforts) and in the battlegrounds 2 the players have no animations as well, but in both games I can actually play on servers using the same fix for empires, the only thing is that everything is fucked up (for all of my mods except for empires)

well whatever, at least I can actually play empires now and my other mods as well (albeit all glitched out)

6. Caelo

Caelo Member

just to get back on track...

the error in the openingpost is the same error I get when my memory is almost full (for about 90%)... just close some shit and restart.

just in case someone does the same:
    running hammer, empires, a virus scan and winamp (with 2400 songs in the list) is not a good idea.....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.