2.12.1 Playtest, March 11th

Discussion in 'Events' started by Lazybum, Mar 4, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 03/11/17
  1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Change log for 2.12.1
    This here is a playtest of 2.12.1. Experience the new Empires today!

We are not testing any specific thing here, just a general game play test to see if there's nothing wrong with scripts and any code changes/bug fixes work correctly. The more we get to test the better the release will be.

Where and when, Click me for your local time.
    On March 11th 1900 GMT / 2000 CET / 1400 EST / 1100 PST. Click me for your local time.

The server will be hosted by Nubs, so expect to see a Beta in the name for the correct one.

How this works
    You have to opt into the empires beta to join in. In your Steam library, right-click Empires and click Properties. Click the Betas tab and choose Beta - Empires Beta Test.

Close the properties window. Steam will now update Empires to the beta version. Click Play to launch Empires beta. Click here for more info.

Just remember to opt out of beta when play test is over, otherwise you'll have conflicts joining the public server. Or more importantly, you couldn't even see the Nubs on the server list.

Maps
    Maps will be just a few stock ones. I'm thinking a quick round on eastborough to hear the new infantry sound changes then a round on either coast or palmbay, depending on player pop. Or both if people are having fun. This is just a test really so we won't be playing for that long, really just around an hour or 2.

Last thoughts is try talking to anyone on your friends list to get more players to come, the more people to test the better we can make empires. This is not a huge time sink and all we ask you to do is just show and play empires, and possibly give feedback on how you like or dislike any changes.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

okay so I went into the empires beta server to check things out. But when I quit the beta server my two monitors went black and ended up having to power down with the power button on my cpu tower.
    I tried again to see if it would happen and same thing :(

Anyone else have this happen? and any idea why this would happen?

I am using windows 10, Core i7, 3.4 ghz, 16gb ram, video card gtx 1060 6 gb ram

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  3. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

Have you tried verifying the game integrity?

Does it still happen if you start the game with -safe?

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Havent tried either I am kinda afraid to having to keep powering down like that. But I will try them. I go into the game fine and play fine in the beta server its just when I quit the game it happens.

5. Lightning

Lightning Member

run it in windowed mode, if it causes issues your PC wont crash like it does if its fullscreen

6. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

thanks Lightning good idea too.

7. Acolyte

Acolyte Member

I'll try and be there, so i can see what the new good research is gunna be :#

8. Neoony

Neoony Member

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

what a great and supportive community empires has ...
    [​IMG]

theres one test in months and noone shows up.

it takes 12 seconds to download the beta branch, and equally long to switch back.
    1 hour and 24 seconds every few months obviously is too much to ask.
    you guys should be ashamed of yourself.
    this is pathetic.

have you even remotely considered how much time anyone doing anything for this mod is investing instead of playing and having fun? its a wonder there are still people willing to.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Neoony likes this.
  10. Neoony

Neoony Member

its the NUBS server

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oh, well 8 people. all those always complaining about everything are not there, doesnt make it less pathetic ...

12. Boovy!

Boovy! Member

same with me vicky

13. Boovy!

Boovy! Member

if you press escape in game then disconnect from the server first then hit quit game it should not crash :)

14. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

thanks boovy I used lightnings advice today and I did not crash but I will try your suggestion next time :)