wall cost glitch

Discussion in 'Closed bugs' started by flasche, Aug 7, 2014.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

a wall segment it costs you 25 (instead of the 75 it says in the menu). if you fully build it, it recylces for 37 (half of 75). additionally, you get 20 res as wages for each 1.5 wall segments.

idk how much of a problem this is gameplay wise, but i thought i report it anyway. i mean in the end you get just 12 (additional) res and 12 wages per piece, thats only a rax per about 17 wall segments and it takes a lot of dedication to build them ... and if you bother to, please dont fix it by raising wall cost to 75 ;)

edit:
    maybe in retrospective we should be thankful for every nub who built up walls just to be recycled, they earned us 12 bucks per piece ^^

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I still want walls to take minor damage when rammed.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Wouldn't the vehicle have to take damage then?

Not that it's a terrible idea, I'm just saying, it wouldn't make sense for walls to be rammable and vehicles not get hurt by doing that. Especially since walls are to specifically prevent vehicle entry...

4. ViroMan

... vehicles can take damage. Its in the script brah. Thats why I said what... a year go, I wanted a vehicle that could be a battering ram against walls.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I know vehicles can take damage...but the problem is we have weapons like nukes and so on, which basically kill everything in sight, and sometimes walls are the only defence. If you have a ramming vehicle then it's probably going to make walls pretty dumb, and it'll remove the fact that you have to either exit the vehicle or focus your fire on a wall to destroy it, both of which make you a target. Instead you could just spastically ram the wall while shooting at anyone nearby and really...vehicles are already far too overpowered to allow that.

6. ViroMan

You can give a ramming vehicle downsides such as 1 armor plate in the back and 2 on the sides. There can be talks on how the wall gets taken down too... do you need 60+ before the wall takes damage? Does each kph your driving on impact do 1/2 dmg per ram? stuff like that.

Can this thing just run down completely un-built walls and take a 1/2 speed loss? I would say, totally yes. < Game changer here >

7. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

My shitty driving would serve a purpose.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i liked walls best when they were bugged ...

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Lol...I kinda agree, flasche. They sort of stopped vehicles coming in but didn't stop infantry movement and didn't stop the vehicles actually shooting at who was behind. So it was sort of like an effective wall that didn't really inhibit gameplay.

Maybe we need two types of wall?

10. ViroMan

Well we did for ages seriously talk about sandbag walls. :)

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's just no one modelled them at the time, right. Though...we have more modellers now, so maybe...?

12. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

If this doesn't get patched, we now have something for commanders to do at the start of matches.

Minor, but functional. Think of a high pop emp_cod match as whole teams build and recycle walls to get money for heavies.

13. ViroMan

No... I think someone made a model but, there was a resounding NO from the dev team. I do remember several posted pictures.

after a bit of searching here is one...
    http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=9820
    Although I was sure there was a few others that were in a finished state.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  14. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Hey, I know this whole thread suddenly became a suggestion thread for random wall ideas, but the cost issue with walls is still there.

15. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Fixed.

16. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Such fast wow....oh wait that's 4 months ago.