TECH SUPPORT COMPILATION (Read this first!)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Beerdude26, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

SOLUTION FOUND FOR
    *Error: Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

yeah the solution is to put -width 800 -height 600 in the launch settings for empires. then when you start the game change to your native resolution. this actually works. :)

2. Gliftor

Gliftor Member

ok i downloaded empire 2.1 (not the patch the full client install), and now i have 2 files called empires_v2_1_client.exe.part and empires_v2_1_client. I shut off steam and reopened it however its not in my games. please help Also i got it from filefront.com.

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

.part means the download did not recomplete. Redownload, then install.

4. Josh

Josh Member

Hi, I've been trying to download the game for a while now and every time it finishes and I open the executable it says "Installer Integrity Check has failed" and is called an NSIS Error. I've downloaded from several different websites all with the same error, not sure if when I get the exes they become corrupted or if they already are or what, is there anyway to get a working copy of the installation?

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

This is a weird issue. It appears to occur with every NSIS installer (other programs too), even if they're completely valid. You can get around it by making a shortcut of the installer and then right-clicking and putting the command "/ncrc" (without the quotes) after it. It will then install as normal.

BEWARE THOUGH, if your installer really is corrupted, you'll be seeing some game abnormalities. But in your case, it's probably just a glitch with the NSIS installer (I have it aswell).

6. Mikhail

Mikhail Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOK, well. I just installed Empires 2.23 (the full install) at first it wasnt appearing on the mygames tab but i scoured this forum and found the solution, now whenever i try to join a server it start to DL all of the stuff i dont have such as maps, models, etc. But right as it gets to the end of downloading the game freezes up and i have to shut it down via my good friend the task manager, anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

7. Beerdude26

What server are you tring to join? Can you create a private server?

8. Mikhail

Mikhail Member

i was trying to join: [VIPER] Empires Server All Welsome (2.23)
    and no, i cant create a private server, wheni do it crashes with a weird repeating sound

9. Beerdude26

That's odd. Does this happen to any other mods?

Also, do you have the Source SDK Base installed?

10. Mikhail

Mikhail Member

thats probably why then, ive been so impatient i havent wait for that base thing to finish, guess ill have to wait >.>

11. Beerdude26

I think that's your issue. Empires won't run without the Source SDK Base.

12. Mikhail

Mikhail Member

thank ye for yer help mate!

13. Mikhail

Mikhail Member

ok, for some reason whenever i try to join ANY server the game freezes up at the end when it is downloading some parachute model or something, and i have that source thing installed now

14. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Look in the steam\steamapps\<yoursteamname>\sorcesdkbase\ folder if it created any crashdumps (.mdmp). If it did upload them to the forum so a dev can look inside them to figure the reason why you are crashing out.
    If you dont know where to upload them I recommend dropbox

15. Mikhail

Mikhail Member

i didnt see any file with that extension, any other suggestions?

16. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

It's the Source SDK 2007 folder, not the Source SDK folder.
    And the parachute mod is not installed on every server, have you tried joining different servers?

Also, do you have Zone Alarm? Because I have the problem when I install a new Source game, that when I try to join a server for the first time, the ZA firewall pops up a message and the game freezes because it's waiting for the internet access. And you can never Alt-Tab when Source is hanging at that point for some reason.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  17. Mikhail

Mikhail Member

nevermind, it just miraculously started working this morning :D

18. siro

siro Member

Hi, I tried to reinstall Empires due to the well known "Different class tables"-Error and used the "Empires 2.23 Full Install" file downloaded from Empiresmod.com. The first problem i have: The installer file ist named 2.23, but the setup says Empires 2.2 is being installed, not 2.23. The second problem is,that the installer do not install ALL FILES NEEDED. The file gameinfo.txt is missing, so Empires isnt listet in "My Games". Can you check that ?

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

hth

/filler

20. siro

siro Member

thx, i got empires working again. I installed Half-Life 2 and HL2 Deathmatch and all SDKs, but i couldnt even start a local server in Empires nor connect to a public one. The main problem was that I needed Half-life 2: Episode 1. Would be nice if you could add a hint here, that EP1 is needed since 2.21 (2.2 works without EP1)
    on this page http://empiresmod.com/download.php