NF Airfactory

Discussion in 'Art' started by f1r3w4rr10r, Jan 22, 2011.

1. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

yea deadpools is pretty nice, just make sure players can't easily sneak under it by lowering it, and I am all for it. Also move the stairs closer to the customization screen. Since looking at BE aircraft factory the distance to where the customization screen is is relatively close to the stairs up to the platform.

2. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

you guys think the area underneath would be full of campers?

I guess I can see that...but the height is kind of important imo, I spose you could take some of the tin fence type of stuff from the repair pad and just block it off... I really don't think it would be a huge problem though, not any more than having someone camping your vf or similar issues. I mean, there's almost no cover under there.

good point about the customization screen, it doesn't have to be in the middle, you could just put one at either end just inside the doors, you could also replace the long ramp with the fire escape style stairs if you want, just as long as there's an entrance at both sides for ease of placement by comms, and I think it's all gravy.

I fully expect many things will change from the design to the actual model, thats just the nature of...stuff. :)

firewarrior - there are actually a crapton more hiding places on the BE AF, just because of all the crate spam around it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  3. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

first the customization screen:
    -remind the hotkey
    -the way from the ramps ending is rather short on BE but the ramps themselves are not

second the hidingplaces:
    -i will probably redo the physbox of that thing to prevent such campspots

4. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

sorry for doublepost but i have to make sure everyone reads this:

can we agree on using the "elevated landingpad with L-shaped building"-design so i can finally start working on it?

5. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

NOOO! :)

I still think that elevated landingpad on struts looks gay and attracts scouts and glitches.
    How about a concrete bunker design, with a slightly lowered landingpad on it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (the landingpad itself should be a hexagon actually, but I haven't figured out how to do that :( )

6. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

i said it dont want struts
    i wanted it to be a bunker but not as a hexagon
    those work for BE but not for NF

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

you can change it so you cant be able to go under it.

8. w00kie

that doesn't change the fact that it would look shitty, no matter how professional one would do the struts. :headshot:

My thought was, the bunker is a square and ONLY the lowered inner part of that grey thing, could be a hexa-/octagon.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  9. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

yeah but those hexagons are more in the art design of BE
    NF is more square like
    but your design reminded me of munition bunker earth walls
    that would get closer to this missile silo idea

10. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Me want that.

Now for the size, it has to be big if you want aircraft to spawn on it obviously, but then some maps would have to be modified to fit it.
    I think it should be bigger than any other building (even NFVF), I also think that the BEAF should be re-worked, it's obviously too small for an aircraft factory.
    Make both AF big, so they're harder to place than any other buildings (Example : vehicle factory is bigger than other buildings so it's harder to place and makes it more strategic). We should have a bigger problem placing an AF than a barrack or even a VF. That's what I tihnk!

11. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

I may have not said it adamantly enough, but I am sure that my concept is a little on the big side... especially having looked at the BE AF pics on the wiki a few more times.

That said, ideally I think it would just be made the same size as the BE AF, with proportions tweaked, like having the spawning area dictate the size of everything else, make it roughly the same area as the BE aircraft spawn area, and fit everything else around that.

I don't understand why no one likes the open area underneath, I just think of it as providing a bit of terrain as well as a functional building, the way all empires buildings do to some degree or another, I mean, I guess it could be camped and sabbed over and over again, but with the way hide works, that's a problem with any design. If it's really going to be a big deal, put a fence around the entire underside. And keep in mind, you are not likely to be dropping a super expensive gigantic building in the midst of enemy infantry.

Think of the pad area as the size of a NF Radar, there ya go, room for aircraft, and the whole AF is only the size of a VF, it just looks huge cause I drew a tiny doorway and a little midget semaphore guy.

12. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

13. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

It's really too small in my opinion, look the aircraft barely fit on it.

@Deadpool : I like the area underneath the airpad.

14. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

i cant just decide that based upon one opinion
    does anyone else agree with xya?

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i did at first - had the same exact thought - but then i do also agree that both buildings should have the same size. so unless you make the BEAF bigger, keep it ...

16. w00kie

!banana

In the end, every comment here is just a suggestion. So just decide for yourself what seems adequate and build the Airfactory of your dreams :gasmask:

17. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

basically im waiting for an answer of ONE OF THE OTHER DEVS as i dont want to post it a second time in the dev section where no one else can read it

18. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

True...

19. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

So is this being discussed only in the super secret forum now?

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Dev forums are about as active as average forum user's sex life.