Empires Summer League Game #3

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Teamspeak is so horrible for not perfectly organized teams. You just end up in a mess. Better to not use

2. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

"Perfectly Organised Teams". Its so simple it is unreal.
    People in squad A go into TS squad A. In-game is used for commander and SL comms.
    People bang on about Organisation but its really just the very simplest of common sense and there is nothing hard aboutit at all

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

can we salvage this mess and have fun now?

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

wont be around next week (this week should be there)

yo the jump from lawliet doing his shittalk on the bottom of page 1 to his post on the top of page2 was amazing
    sounds like someones trying to catch up to my likes

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

For this format you'd need to start with significantly stronger teams that are built over a longer time. Or just I dunno captains with a will to actually do it I guess.

Gathering a bunch of salty old tryhards that only come back once or twice a year for these things to relive those highlight reels from when empires had a clan scene doesn't work.
    Nobody is invested enough for it to work now; too few participants are actual team players & even fewer (despite what they think) are actually able to lead, as simple a thing as it is.

Best situation - you make it a draft. If people really want to win they can step up themselves before the events and recruit their squad leaders or something on a gentlemans agreement between commanders.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  6. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Ah yes when i was on tango the capguys didn't actually listen to lawiet so that was kind of bad

7. Spike

Should we play the league for just another couple of games or should it be ended i really did want to see this though till the end.

8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Paradox will remain in Whiskey.
    If you agree then yeah, I'll be there until game 6.

If you don't want to compromise a little bit like Azk suggested, end this.
    At least I won't play.

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

End it and open it up into a pug that will happen organically. See where it goes. If people want to organise themselves they can & will.
    You don't have any "captains" and besides that the appettite for really being in a "team" isn't there like it used to be. There wasn't even an y shit talking!

We had some good games but you are not going to finish a league the way you envisioned it running.
    I would love to be corrected but people aren't that interested in being part of a team week in week out, if there was we would still have actual clans that actuall arranged to scrim.
    People just want to play on a pretty full server with a decent commander and 3-4 capable squads.

10. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

^pretty mich this

It was a good league and you've done well organizing - just make this week a draft pug rather than set teams

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

this kills the league

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Hey man don't you put that evil on me Ricky bobby!
    I tried, I offered to go to Whiskey and do all the stuff Paradox refused to for Spike so nobody had to lose precious face. I tried to mediate but both of them are stubborn as mules, making it into some sort of grand matter of principal.

The bottom line is that there are no captains & nobody cares to be one. I didn't even hear any discussion in Tango after Lawliet left, people aren't that bothered.
    If you want to flog a dead horse you will get 1 more game with reduced attendance. If you turn it into a pick up game it can go on for as long as you can find 2 commanders each week.

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

AZK Gorbachev...

14. Paradox

I say we just keep playing like we were. 90 percent of the people that play dont care about these forum drama shenanigans anyway. Spike can captain team tango ( which he already was but what ever ), and Ill captain team whisky and destroy you peasants.

Both teams get their players, the randoms that join get drafted or join the team with least players. Thats it.

15. Avatarix

waitin' for it

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Yeah I'm out. I hope y'all.sort it out though.

17. Spike

Tell you what im going to make a thread and put it to a vote. Im not going to put time and effort trying organize a league if people don't want to play. I really did want to see this though however people would rather not support the league and bitch about it and try to bring it down. Why do even bother doing this shit when it is not appreciated. I and many others may of actually liked some good organised rounds of empries in the form of a league matches however you still had people not listening in the league games and plus there is a lack of leaders and commanders which doesn't really help matters. I really do think this can go on to 6 league matches at least, i will still be willing to see it though till the end if people want me too.

18. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I vote we kiss with tongues

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I vote you guys clear out each others anus with sticks like monkeys eating termites out of a termite hill... just get it fucking done already you bunch of old hags.

20. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Bring me a stick.

21. Paradox

Good luck to team whiskey! I wont be there tonight, but kick their buts for me!