SOLVED: Mouse Cursor invisible

Discussion in 'Closed bugs' started by system32reboot, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. system32reboot

system32reboot Member

Hi everyone, I just installed the game, and opened it and I can't play because my mouse cursor is invisible. Anyone else have this error or know how to fix it? See this video

*EDIT* I figured it out. My kid put on "Show mouse trails" in the mouse settings; when I turned that off, I can see the mouse cursor. Sorry; don't know how to delete this thread.

2. system32reboot

system32reboot Member

Oh, weird! The mouse shows up in the video, but not in the game. What the heck??

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I have basically zero know-how on this, but: this seems to be a custom cursor, not the standard Windows one. Maybe that's what's causing it?

As a temporary workaround, you can join a server through Steam (View -> Servers -> Filter game for Empires), but if your cursor isn't going to be present in-game as well (and I don't think it would be), then choosing spawn points, joining a squad and customizing vehicles will be a problem.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  4. system32reboot

system32reboot Member

right, don't know why, but adding mouse trails makes the cursor go invisible (at least on my screen it did)

5. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

I've locked the thread since you've solved the issue, but I'll keep the thread in case someone else has the same problem.

Edit: Since I've been asked privately about this. It's a known bug in source, do a quick google and you will find a bunch of results. It's the same for all source based games, we're unable to fix this ourselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.