Public script testing on Friday 1st April, 7PM GMT

Discussion in 'General' started by Sgt.Security, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Hello.

We will use the scripts as follow.
    https://forums.empiresmod.com/index.php?threads/script-changes-for-next-patch.20105/

The server will be running on the beta branch of Empires, in order to join the server, you'll have to switch your Empires to beta branch.

Here's how to switch to beta branch.
    Right click "Empires" -> "Properties" -> "BETAS"
    Enter "testingtime" and click "CHECK CODE" to get the beta branch, and wait for Empires to update.

Creeper will set up a server for the test, password : betatest
    Make sure you switch to beta branch before you join.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  2. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Is there a point to locking the server if the testing is gonna be public anyway?

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

So people who's not running beta branch won't join and ask why the game is so fucked up for him.

Public = I am posting a thread for it.

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I see, I didn't know that. Last time I was testing you couldn't see the test server from the main client.

5. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

I've added a bunch more than just script changes; See, building placement is fixed for slaughtered now

[​IMG]

Empires 2.8.0-beta "Asymptote"
    March 19, 2016

* Bugfixes:
    Crash when spawning an APC, if you fire the MG immediately after constructing it
    Comm crash fix
    Commander can once again place buildings near enemy walls, engineer cameras & radars, and unbuilt buildings
    Reverted unintentional change, so that vehicle weapons aim towards the crosshair again, rather than parallel to your aiming direction (dual cannons still work)
    Fixed exploit building through the walls of emp_canyon, by reinstating a check from 2.6.9 that was missing
    Reverted unintentional change; you can now build through ammo crates again (and multiplayer physics props)
    The squad popup back in your face every round, because we just can't trust you to remember

* Balancing changes for "Asymptote"
    For years, there have been only 1~2 usable armors. We would like each armor to have its own special trait that makes it a decent option to research under different circumstances; to that end, we've modified capacitive, absorbant and reflective, as well as bio MG and plasma MG, to better suit the strategic commander. We've also buffed railguns and nerfed walls to make for a faster endgame. Artillery is back, baby! The new 180mm Artillery Cannon packs a much better punch than before. See the full changelog below.

* Other code fixes:
    8 traces in cilinder to establish evenness of terrain; draw traces that fail
    No more building placement on top of buildings/players/vehicles.
    Added con command to give a team resources, only usable by server admins; "emp_give_resources"
    Added cl_mute_all_comms to mute chat as well as voice.
    Don't count player dropped buildings towards the max turret limit.
    Disabled stripping symbols for server for better sourcemod support
    Rename Assault class to Scout.
    DefaultLightmapScale is now 64; this is a setting for new brushes created in hammer, and was requested by DocRabbit; it does not change how existing maps will compile
    A player's ticket usage is also incremented for first spawn, as they use a ticket anyway.
    Save player stats when they spawn and are killed.
    Re-added building hints, reimplemented much simpler than the old ones, and properly scaling to screen size
    Updated the Source SDK with the latest code from the TF and HL2 branches. (now on 0d8dceea431 in the Source SDK, latest commit)

* Non-code fixes:
    New models for Brenodi engineer camera and radar, courtesy of Smithy.
    emp_streetsoffire: Fixed misaligned overlay outside BE main. Change contributed by D.D.D. Destroyer.
    emp_district402: Fixes flag model for be 3rd flag using the wrong emp_cap_point
    Add a template map for new mappers: SteamApps\common\Empires\empires\mapsrc\emp_template.vmf
    Change starting armor in emp_glycencity to absorbant instead of budget.
    Replaced the broken "test microphone" textures.

* Semantic versioning:
    We're now using semantic versioning as described on http://semver.org/
    The major version number is 2, and is bumped whenever we change so much that the game is fundamentally different.
    The minor version number is 8, and is bumped for any change that requires both server and client to update
    The patch version number is 0, and is bumped for any change that does not require an update to remain compatible - so, only crash fixes.

See the forums for more discussion on our versioning system.

In addition to semantic versioning, which is useful for server owners and devs mostly, each future version will maintain a name for the current balancing (or "scripts"), with an optional suffix to indicate small tweaks or (potentially major) bugfixes. This also helps for beta testers to know what balancing they are testing.

* More detailed balancing changelog:
    Reflective->Deflective (thanks Mr.X), also corrected a typo (absorbant).
    Bio MG rework, more single shot dmg, longer cycle time, much shorter bio dmg interval.
    Plasma MG rework, lower heat gen & heat to enemy, longer cycle time, higher damage.
    Angle modifier 1->0.95 & 10% shell/missile/MG resist for Deflective, 15% MG resist for Absorbant.
    HML dmg 45->52 clipsize 6->7 reload time 6->5 SHML lock time1.5->1.2 total clip 6->7
    5% shell/missile resist for Deflective, 15% vehicle MG resist for Absorbant.
    Capacitive cost 15->20
    Capacitive rework, more hp, no degen, negative angle modifer, increased bio dmg.
    Absorbant health 60->66
    Explosion force 100000 -> 70000, less flipping.
    Artillery cannon rework, higher "alpha" damage, lower DPM. Higher radius except for ranged.
    wall resist against kinetic/missile 0.95->0.925, everything else 0.97->0.94 (mortar and seismics unchanged); NB; effective strength against tanks halved
    Always spawn with max ammo for BEHR.
    Reactive weight 20->18
    HMG Stamina drain decreased significantly, slight damage buff.
    Abs bio damage modifier 0->0.3
    DUMG/DUHMG spread 0.04->0.03
    Regen health 60->70 Regen 0.067->0.07
    Composite cost 15->20, reason same as Deflective.
    Deflective cost 15->20, this is to make cheaper armor stands out.
    NFHR rework, damage buff, slightly increased cycle time, better standing acc, lower crotch/prone acc.
    BEAR rework, damage & accuracy buff, slightly longer cycle time.
    NF&BE ref now have same resists.
    Budget armor removal.
    Rail gun damage 45->50
    Absorbant cost 12->4
    DUMG damage 4->5 DUHMG damage 6->8

complete_ likes this.
  6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

You monster...

Was be ever actually able to place a rax on that slope on sbend? I coulda sworn the only point was in the valley, and you had to just drop armories up the slop til be can get the higher flat ground.

Gonna call 2.8 scripts the 2.8 scripts, I ain't ever gonna remember some useless name.

As a part time commander I thank you so much for not counting engy turrets to limit, it was always annoying to hit the limit when I felt like I only dropped 10 turrets.

7. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

In 2.6.9, you could place two BE raxes at sbend, one in the valley, one on the slope where you can now also build a VF. In 2.7.0 you couldn't place any of those buildings.

Thank TheCreeper for the turret limit; I had never even noticed

8. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yeah, no Lazybum is right, BE wasn't able to place a VF or a barracks where you placed them, try again.

Finally, thank you!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  9. complete_

complete_ lamer

umm i would much prefer this more forgiving placement over the one we've had for years

also, nice changes and great job on fixing the crashes

10. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

You can't change the building placement in any way because ALL maps are based on the one before 2.7 so ANY change would completely change the gameplay. Unless you're planning on re-designing every single map ever made, you CANNOT touch it.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

then fuck it. lets bring on version 3.0

which maps do you think will be affected by this?

12. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

all of them, more or less severely, but definitely all of them.

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

by affected i meant "ruined"

if people didnt want buildings placed somewhere they couldve added a commander restrict brush

14. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Oh yeah, I'm not exactly complaining about being able to place buildings there, I'm just saying it looks like you toned it down even further then previously. Mr.x has a point about things possibly being built in spots previously thought unbuildable, but well it can't be worse then placing vfs on barracks.

15. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

After some testing, it *might* just be because of the new 6 point building placement. Althought if you're going with that we should just have specifics for each buildings.

Side note: looks like you removed the "water check", haven't you? underwater barracks are back...

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

17. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

18. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Complete, please, you know better... Why are you being like this? I really don't understand.

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

its just a joke

20. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Oh, well that's hard to tell from 2 quotes.