Our YouTube channels

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm a very caring person.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

A sound plan. I'm in.

3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I need 150€ for new jeans.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Can we clear the thread of the derailing posts please?

5. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Derailing? In the Empires forum? Pfff.

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

no.

<6char>

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think it can be solved if you collect all the channel links, and put it at the first page.

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Sec posted another vid on his chan.

9. Empty

Empty Member

10. Neoony

Neoony Member

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

Added you to the list, sorry it took so long :rolleyes:

12. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Empires Mod Canyon Training Video by JustGoFly 2013 Nov 10

I added a video to my channel that was my first attempt at a training video for newbs. It is a great battle between about 30 players, and pretty good capture of concepts and info for newbs, but horrible audio hiss over the video with monotonous voice. I have since fixed the static. Also I make a few mistakes. Once I call an armory a ref, and when I think I'm tracking one player I must have hit a button and was actually watching another player but you might not notice in the video.

At any rate - give it a peek. I will attempt another at some point. If you have constructive input on things that you think a newb should know that are not addressed in the video I would appreciate some feedback.

If you are in Empires Game development and this is not helpful to the game - then I have no problem stopping this effort. I'm trying to be a help what I consider the best game available today.

Give it a peek - VIDEO

PS: The two coms are Kyro(BE) and Amatoxin(NF). Both do extremely well and I think from that perspective they are fairly evenly matched. I can't comment on research, but Kyro got the radar down first, and countered a strong south push very creatively (C1 Rax). NF took an early lead and snubbed the BE north push effectively, but then abandoned north for a full team south push - losing north to a shitty gren. BE had IMHO better players and they took most of the map pushing NF back. It was a great battle - 32 minutes - all of which are worth watching if you can handle the static noise and my continuous talking.

I highlight Neoony and Donut Waffles - both of which I will probably follow again since they showed the level it takes to be a great gren and engie. I tried to show who I thought was a good play Grantrithor (at least he says he's good), buuuut... Also who the hell is SATURN ? I didn't follow but should have since he had huge kill ratio. Funny since that's the code name of the project I'm working on.

Next video will discuss the value of upgraded MG turret at mid game and whatever feedback items you guys think I missed or was wrong at.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  13. Neoony

Neoony Member

That is exactly what I wanted to comment on youtube, until it forced me to link my account with google+ and even after doing that being unable to comment anything (So far I hate this youtube/google idea)

I have actually only realised that its not me when the tracked player got up that hill and then I thought "Oh wtf, Iam just killing myself"...First thought that its a spec bug, then realised that I was playing BE that map XD
    (According to youtube comments, AnimalScar is confused too :D just like I was....I never noticed this happening while specing)

Just wanna say, that lazybum looked very much like I play (even tho it was just a tiny bit) So Iam ok with that :D

I have noticed that it happened when u wanted to switch to me, but I was dead at the moment...so it decided to spec somebody else. (while the right bottom menu switching to free look)

I do have my POV but I dont consider it as anything exceptional.
    Might upload upon request, but might take a bit.

And the commentary wasnt completely bad, but the static/noise and like you said the monotonous voice was ruining it a bit :D

Next time it should be teamspeak recording or just any recording program if doing it alone. But the best would be, to get 2 people to do the commentary. (jokes/rs are welcome IMO)

I liked teef in that previous commentary, he did made some fun....he was just..maybe..sometimes..rather joking than giving or allowing others to give important informations and perhaps could use less personal jokes, although I liked how he kept making intense situations even more intense by raising his voice and commenting constantly/intensively :D

All that JustGoFly needs is a color in his voice and perhaps being more relaxed/entertaining.

If you 2 could find a way to "properly" do commentaries, I would support it in any way.
    And I do have some ideas on editing the vid.

If there is a gonna be some next "match", I propose doing commentaries. I can be recording (while u can be too) but I need demos for my editing ideas. (But I dont promise that I will put time into editing any commented match, it has to be atleast some good match or in other words slightly above average match)

just a btw, no offenses meant...just honest opinions.

(and I just fucking cant send comments on youtube no matter what (even if I link it), fuck you youtube/google and your changes.....I suggest signing this http://www.change.org/petitions/google-change-the-youtube-comment-section-back-to-its-original-form ...hoping that it will matter...only 5,646/150,000 NEEDED)

EDIT: oh and just a btw...when u are specing..u can click on the names menu and then just press any key and it will find a player with that first letter in the name...dunno if u knew about this....and yes, clantags are making this partially unusable...

EDIT2: heh, I guess I made this post a bit multitopic XD

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  14. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Neoony - right on spot with your note. Just as I took it after watching it. The static was bad - but 30 minutes of monotone was worse. I'm not usually like that - just a mellow day I think. There were also a bunch of people in Spec and I felt a bit odd talking while they sat there. Next time I'll loosen up - this was just a warm up, but still a great match.

Anyway - I still think the information for nubs is still useful, if they are interested enough in learning the basics. We do have some up and comers that are learning. When I was learning I couldn't find any instructional videos during gameplay. The Wiki was the best source of the various components of the game but not really how to use them.

Next time I catch more of You, LazyBum, BitterJesus, Saturn, D.D.D. Destroyer and who ever is on top of the score board. Although I think I will still focus more on Engineers with just a look at how good Rifleman, Gren and Scunt play.

Regarding my trailing you - it was confusing that you moved up the hill from the NF base, but were on BE. But it was you all the way up the hill, and always on BE. I commented on the location in the video that this starts - I think 19:10.

I'll never be a sports broadcaster - that's for sure :) But intention - monotonous or not is to help nubs get into the game.

15. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

That was a pretty informative video JGF. I'd like to point out when you where talking about grens you should have mentioned that should always be dropping mines. I know half my kills that game came from mines.

Also who was Saturn??

16. Neoony

Neoony Member

I just hope u set many tags for the video. (and should be probably called tutorial or have that in the name as that is a lot more used word than training.)
    Or, it would be nice to have some (picked) videos being linked in the game.

Or simply a way how to get it to the noobs.
    But the above would probably be the best.

(Just make a page in main menu (or tutorial button?) to link to some page where it could be updated)

Not only wiki and forums ( I assume most noobs never even visit the forums, or they just leave after just a little bit reading :D )

Iam sure this would help keeping noobs with empires longer (easily accessible tutorials = profit)

heheh but yeah, first we need some more tutorials :rolleyes:

17. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I don't know who Saturn was. Maybe a vet who decided to change his name.

Thanks for the gren tip. I will definitely comment on mines and knowing where to put them takes time to learn.

I hope the nubs get my point that a good engie takes time to learn, then they can progress onto other skills and study for com.

I will also talk about the skills they should consider, like using revive, then upgraded turret and working with other engies to build quicker.

I will also comment on how a engie should change class when alone at main and a vehicle push hits main. Most nubs just build a Missile turret. If engies are spawning they should be support with walls, ammo and revive, and rifle any ground troops, but if alone they should change to gren.

18. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Neoony - I did change the name of the video and added more tags - thank you.

D.D.D. Destroyer and I have been discussing making tutorials but he was right in his comment that capturing a real game will most likely show everything we need to show, instead of staging things. We could get a group of videos and slice it down to best of at some point. But I think most new players willing to learn will sit through 30 minutes of instruction to learn more. I know I would have and there is so much more to show. So a group of videos is certainly needed.

A few people have stated they are interested in showing some techniques they use in the game. I will capture those as well.

Also there was a conversation from a group of newbs on Steam about the game, so I posted a link in there as well.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

Staged stuff would work good for the absolute basics but good luck having it work out, that requires a lot more work than sitting through a game and commentating :|

20. Empty

Empty Member

CTRL+F OP "Empty" no results.

:|