Infiltration: Subtle Pending [DEBRIEFED]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Empty

Empty Member

INFILTRATION

Welcome to infiltration!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    ALL PLAYERS ARE TO SET THEIR PM STATUS TO PRIVATE. ALL. THIS IS DUE TO CERTAIN FAGGOTS RUINING THE GAME BY CHECKING WHO IS READING PMS THEN USING THAT TO GUESS WHO IS A TARGETING CLASS AND THEREBY RUIN THE GAME. IF THIS STRATEGY CONTINUES I WILL NOT RUN ANOTHER INFILTRATION GAME. EVEN IF YOU ARE BASE CREW I EXPECT YOU TO BE PRIVATE, ANYONE CAUGHT USING THE EXCUSE 'I'M INNOCENT BECAUSE I'M NOT HIDING MY PMS' WILL BE REMOVED FROM PLAY.

THE GAME IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT. DON'T RUIN IT.

Overview:
    Infiltration is a forum game where two teams vie for control of a brenodi base.
    In the red corner, the infiltrators, Jekotian saboteurs aiming to ruin the lives of the Brenodi men. In the blue corner, Brenodi ground forces, innocent(?) men assigned routine duty in a base far from the front lines.

It's up to the Jekotians to eliminate all the Brenodi forces, and it's up to the Brenodians to defend their base from the insidious forces that plague them.

Da Rules:
    The game is split into DAY and NIGHT. Each DAY all living players make a vote for which person they think is the most likely to be an infiltrator (or in the case of the infiltrators, who is the biggest threat) at the end of the day, the individual with the most votes will be slain, and his role will be revealed. We will then progress into NIGHT.

During the NIGHT, targeting classes (we'll get to that later) PM me a target, targets CAN ALSO be sent through secure relays, such as via steam, or emailing me via the forums. I will ALWAYS use the latest target given to me, I will NOT accept conditional targets. You MUST choose a person by the end of each NIGHT or NO EFFECT WILL OCCUR.

DAY and NIGHT last 24 hours each. There may be a slight deviation, I will give at least 30 minutes warning before I end a DAY or a NIGHT.

In this game I will be awarding POINTS. POINTS do not affect anything and are HIDDEN (even your own points) until game end. They are bragging rights only, I may keep a scoreboard between games. I will explain more later.

ROLES:

Scout
    The scout can spy on one individual each night. Upon the sun rising, he will be told that individuals class and alignment.
    Scouting a special class: +1 point
    Scouting an infiltrator: +2 points
    Indirectly slaying an infiltrator: +3 points (This is at my discretion. You can send me evidence)

Engineer
    The engineer can choose a single target each night. Once he has chosen that target, the first time that individual would die for any reason, it is prevented. In the case of multiple killings, the target will die regardless. Engineers may not target themselves.
    Protecting a special class: +1 point
    Protecting an infiltrator: -2 points
    Saving a special class: +2 points
    Saving an infiltrator: -3 points
    Saving a base crew: +1 point

Rifleman
    Riflemen may choose a single target each night, unless an effect prevents it, that target will die in the morning. If a Rifleman would die, his target will still be killed. No riflemen will be present in this match.
    Slaying a special class: -2 points
    Slaying an infiltrator: +5 points
    Slaying a Base Crew: -1 point

Paratrooper
    Each day, Paratroopers may send me up to 3 targets. In the event the Paratrooper is killed by vote, those 3 targets will die. Paratroopers may abstain from choosing targets. Paratroopers do not kill anyone if they are killed at night.
    Slaying a special class: -2 points
    Slaying an infiltrator: +3 points
    Getting voted off: +3 points

Base Crew
    The lowly infantry, Base crew aren't special and they have no powers. But they are the majority. Remain observant, be quick on your feet, and remember, you're more expendable than your powered up friends, sacrificing yourself can help the others.
    Surviving the entire game: +2 points

Infiltrator
    The Hyde to our Jekyll, Infiltrators are the baddies. They work in a group to devour the innocent. Each night, the infiltrators select ONE target for the entire group. That target is slain. Infiltrators win when they reach a point where Base Crew can never possibly recover (IE Infiltrators have majority vote and there is no way Base Crew can reclaim it)
    Killing a special class: +1 point
    Killing a special class by vote : +2 points
    Winning the game: +1 point

Rewards that apply to everyone:
    Winning the Game: +3 points
    Badass play: +1-3 points (my discretion, I can't give points if I don't see what you do, feel free to share stuff you do. I won't hand these out like candy though)
    Retard play: -1-3 points (my discretion)
    Base Crew Bonus: Base crew get double points for anything here.
    Voting for an infiltrator: +1 point (Unless infiltrator)
    Voting for a special class: -1 point (Unless infiltrator)

There will be trophies at the end.

Role PMs:
    Role PMs will be distributed shortly. I will be posting the contents of the PMs (sans the people receiving them) so nobody can fake PMs. Besides that, using your PM or any other 'reliable' evidence (IE stuff I've said or sent to you that confirms your role) will result in an instant permanent ban from infiltration. Don't Do It.

Player List:
    0. Empty
    1. Candles
    2. Fricken Hamster
    3. Sitka
    4. Paradox
    5. Mcgyver
    6. Bigteef
    7. iMacmatician
    8. D.D.D. Destroyer
    9. LordDz
    10. Imspartacus
    11. wealthysoup
    12. complete_
    13. Grantrithor
    14. Lazybum
    15. UrethraFranklkin
    16. Predator
    17. Devourawr
    18. Trickster

THERE ARE:
    4 Infiltrators
    2 Scouts
    1 Engineer
    1 Paratroopers

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Roles have been Rolled.

PMs are flooding out.

3. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Subtle.

4. Empty

Empty Member

PMs sent, Story toast inbound.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I vote Paradox.

6. Sitka

Sitka Member

50 bags of salt on para dying before day 2.

7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Excuse the dumb question but when you say set pm status to private do mean turn on invisible mode? I don't see anything related to pm status.

8. Trickster

Yeah he means that. It's:

User CP
    Edit Options
    Invisible Mode
    Save Changes

9. Empty

Empty Member

Wind howled through the base. The only audible sound was the Brenodi flag whipping around it's pole in the frigid air.

The spotlights in the base barely cut through the clouds of powder whipped up by the gale. Faint beams of light cast soft shadows off the few objects not buried by snow.

Two figures scurried across the white powder. Each carried a pair of grey cylinders.
    The one at the lead motioned with his hand towards to base HQ. A single light was on.

Empty sat at his desk. Papers scattered everywhere. Bottles of empty drink littered his desk. He looked to the clock. It had just ticked over to 10:45.
    He sighed and gathered up the most recent documents. Stacking them together, he slid open the top drawer and tossed the pile in.
    "That's a job for tomorrow's Empty. Today's Empty is headin' to bed."
    He leaned back in his chair.

The two men approached the lit up office. The leader pointed towards the window. A pair of clicks rang out, and two pins fell silently into the snow.

The glass shattered, the canisters came flying through the window. One knocked a pair of bottles from the table, they shattered as they hit the ground, another slide under Empty's chair.
    His eye's opened wide.
    "Holy fu-"

Empty's curse was cut short by a bright flash and a loud bang. The next two grenades landed in the room and detonated. The entire room was ablaze in seconds.

Within minutes, the base was scrambled, men were dragged from their beds to put out the blaze. After nearly an hour of work, most of the HQ was saved, apart from the CO's office, which was scorched from the inside out.
    "What do you reckon it was?" remarked Mcgyver, as he lit up a cigarette.
    Sitka kneeled down and rubbed some ash between his fingers. He sniffed the black powder.
    "Phosphorous. Same reason we didn't find a body. Empty's ash in the wind right now."

The group gathered in front of the burnt out HQ.
    "Alright that's everyone." Sitka said, as he finished the head count.
    Devourawr cocked his SMG and stood upon a loose piece of rubble that had fallen off the side of the building.
    "Last night, around 2300 hours, someone tossed a pair of phosphorous grenades into the CO's HQ. Now I know not everyone has always gotten along with Empty in the past, but the Brenodi armed forces are better disciplined than that. We haven't had a breach of security in the forces in over a year, but it looks like that clean streak has ended. At least one of the men who stands by you all pretending to be a proud upstart motherfucker, pulled the pin on the grenades that made the commander go up in smoke. I checked the armory already, nothin's missing, they weren't Brenodi weapons that were used here. We're dealing with Northern Faction."

The group broke into yelling and argument immediately. Accusations led from one thing to another, and eventually it was decided that someone had to die...

Day One.
    Voting Open

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Alright cool thanks.

Oh neat a story. Can't wait to see what happens next.

11. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Rightyo, and welcome to Round 2 of Devourawr's super-fun-happy-time Infiltration Radio Station!

For those who didn't play the last round, this is where I come forward and transmit my thoughts and feelings on how the round is progressing, while giving friendly and helpful advice into killing the Infiltrators. Why does it work? Because through collective action, we can essentially give power to a base crew member (hi) making him dangerous! But don't take my word for it, hear the opinions of our customers!
    Before we get down to business, I need to make my usual announcement. I'm Devourawr, your lovely base crew host, and I really need the Engineer to target me tonight. You don't have to come forward and tell me that you targeted unless you save me, in which case a repeat of the last round will occur with a page 4 victory. Seriously, I can't stress this enough.

Also, we have two Scouts in here too! You guys are obviously free to do whatever, but it would be very advisable to target me. This way, the Engineer keeps his peace of mind, and you (plus everybody else) know I'm trustworthy. Remember, this system only works because of group participation and transparency! You two will be the main players in this game, since the lack of Riflemen means you'll be the ones finding shit out about people. So play well, and at least one of you should scout me.

Paratrooper is a new class! Fun. Although seeing as it isn't a target one, you won't be much more than a base crew but you're the only friendly that can kill other friendlies! Which means you're a special little sunflower! So make sure not to cock it up too much please.

Code:
    1. Candles
    2. Fricken Hamster
    3. Sitka
    4. Paradox
    5. Mcgyver
    6. Bigteef
    7. iMacmatician
    8. D.D.D. Destroyer
    9. LordDz
    10. Imspartacus
    11. wealthysoup
    12. complete_ 
    13. Grantrithor
    14. Lazybum
    15. UrethraFranklkin
    16. Predator
    17. Devourawr
    18. Trickster
    4 Infiltrators, 1 Paradox hat-tip, 2 Scouts, 1 Engineer
    This section will be updated when more people post.

This is the first round where we have trophies, points and awards at the end. Meaning we have a ranking system that won't be divided into 'retarded' and 'not too retarded' this time. Also more drama!

STORY TIME
    yay
    I'm not going to rewrite the whole thing for you. I am, however, going to not the huge amount of light-related things included. Before you start screaming CANDLES CAST SHADOWS, look at that 'single light' section, and all the following references. I think it might be a clue to Sitka's avatar. But this all can all be looked back at later when I'm dead and you need someone to bandwagon.

Another thing that is probably a mistake; four grenades, three explosions.

Friendly re-reminder to target me tonight. Infiltration Radio Station signing off. I abstain for now.

...aaaaand back to your regularly scheduled program, shitposting. <3

12. Empty

Empty Member

they went off simultaneously.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I vote Trickster

14. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

The roles are random but I don't think Empty would let Paradox get the infiltrator role again considering what happened last round and knowing that he is most likely getting voted out first.

Waiting for next round without voting would be the smartest thing to do but I guess that's not happening.

Also what:
    Will the scout be straight up told that x guy has x role? Or will he be given clues about what the player they scouted had been up to that night?

This is just a suggestion for future infiltrator rounds but it would be interesting if a random base crew member would become rifleman after a certain amount of rounds or deaths, the class is about people taking justice in their own hands after all.

15. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I'm taking out lordz imspartacus and Trickster if I die. Aight.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

Random random okay

What's up with your paratargeting?

17. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I also vote paracock

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I aint voting yet, but everything in the first post is obviously red herring. Everyone knows that candles cast soft shadows on things, but the shadow joke is overdone and we don't have a cloud to kill this round and I don't think Empty would want his best friend Candles to die first. I'll vote once the shitposting really gets underway.

19. Trickster

You forgot about the Rifleman, who also (along with Paradoxtrooper) has the ability to kill friendlies.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

There's no Riflemen this round.