Infantry maps

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Tama, May 22, 2016.

1. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

I think the game would fare significantly better if we had more than one viable map when there are only 2-8 players online. Last friday I was seeding a game and inviting people, and just kept it on emp_district402 for three rounds until we had 10 players, despite the fact that I hate that map.

So I'm asking you, mappers, please make a map like emp_district402; it doesn't have to have fancy buttons or scripted stuff, just cappable flags works fine.

Neoony likes this.
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

We got a couple but people just default to district. Castle works at really really low pop(and only at that low pop), glycencity is straight forward enough to work at low pop, urban chaos works at low pop, there's vehicle training for a tank version of district, blast is another infantry map that's pretty close quarters but more open the district. And cod can work at a 3v3 or something for commander maps. I think east is really the only map that doesn't quite work at super low pops, only because people just going around each other capping flags, but it works at 4v4 or something I think.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

its not an infantry map but emp_ballast is good for low pops. no shortage of res and not that big of a battlefield. its playable i would say with 8 people

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

viable infantry maps are impossible, you design a map around the weapons being used and in empires those weapons change every year or so. combined with the fact that the weapons are designed with minimal effectiveness of 1/4th the max map size

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

What you talking about? Eastborough is great.

6. Neoony

Neoony Member

I like eastborough, the only issue with it is when one team knows how to play it and other team does not.
    I like how there are fights on many different parts of the map, instead of just fighting one place, but thats only if people know that you have to more spread out and run around flags, rather than fight in one place. ..Having trouble taking the flag? Go get another.

But mostly because of that fact, its easy to have it unbalanced.