[BE][Infantry Standard Armor]

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by zenarion, Sep 12, 2009.

1. zenarion

zenarion Member

I was thinking of redoing the player models a bit, even if they are alright.
    Brenodi need some kind of "combat armor protection system" thing, as most militaries have nowadays.

So I googled for "combat gloves", "combat armor", "combat boots" and "military fatigues". Images found were mashed together, then painted over a bit, to ensure at least some kind of fit.

What the concept is trying to show:
    I want the Brenodi guys to be a bit like cyborgs. Their exposed flesh is almost sickly pale. They have reddish fingers and noses, like they have a cold, maybe a remnant of that genetic plague the Jekotians did some time ago.. whatever.
    Their gear is high-tech, modeled after modern infantry equipment and sports gear.

What I would like you guys to do:
    Reply on what parts are good, and what are bad. I wish to get some input, and evolve the concepts into something we all like, not just my personal fantasy.

Concepts:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Empty

Empty Member

Dislike the second, too bulky the helmet and neck look awful, and the torso isn' tmuch better.

The first one is cooler, though I dislike the gloves.

I say keep the current helmet or something similar to it.

I don't like the idea of stereotyping the BE guys to be these villains that look ugly and pale white, they're not nice people as the story says, but I feel that's not a good direction to go with their design, I see the war as more of a "Us vs Them" than "Good vs Evil" because honestly, BE are people too.

I like the way their taunts make them sound. Cocky and fairly fearless. Try to show that in your concepts, rather than grim bald guys.

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I like the cyborg armor (right) a lot, but their helmets seem a bit over the top. Could you whip up a quick concept of how that guy would look without the neck armor and the helmet?

4. zenarion

zenarion Member

Like this?
    [​IMG]

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Yeah, but that guy's armor is pretty bulky. I should look at a few armor sets to see what I like and don't like tbh, give me some time lol

6. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

The one on the left is very good. The one on the right is terrible (for the BE, not criticizing your art work).

I would perhaps leave the Grenader with the current player model and use the one one the left for the riflmen.

7. Empty

Empty Member

I've suggested grens get a rocket pack to make them easily distinguishable.

8. zenarion

zenarion Member

I endorse the idea of the rocket pack, and maybe a different helmet for the Grenadier. Also less body armor.

Some helmets for #1, and added pockets:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  9. Empty

Empty Member

Still not liking the face, and the helmets look a bit silly, too tall or something.

10. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I like the second shape.

11. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Try to go more WW2 German with the helmets. Maybe extend the shoulder pads out a bit, and the suit overall looks very poofy, like a space suit, or what I wear when I go skiing.

12. zenarion

zenarion Member

Are WW2 Nazi helmets what the dev team wants? I was trying to move away from that as far as I could, but still keep "high-tech cyborg soldiers of the empire".

13. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

If I were you, I'd just ask Megel.

IMO German helmets look idiotic. We're not a WW2 mod.

14. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Modern ballistic helmet would be the best base IMO.