Change Log

Discussion in 'News' started by Krenzo, Apr 7, 2007.

1. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Teams for TWL and CAL do it daily. I find it hard to believe you can't get a third of your clan to sit down and play for a bit. If I bothered with PUGs, I bet I could count 10 JPL members playing simultaneously.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

this is just diggin deeper in to the hole

i dissagree with this statement but i dont need to blab why.. because this whole disscussion already ended and your trying to keep it going..

really this post seems like flame bait.. too me atleast

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

You think everything Valiant posts is him being a drama whore. Dizzy's post was flamebait. Valiant did the flaming....

4. Valiant

Valiant Member

And with the way that dizzy's been handling you, dubee, i just couldn't pass up the chance.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

those guys are nerds who dedicate way to much time to gaming to be compared us.. we play for fun not for omg whos the best counter striker.. and we play at the pugs because we can join and leave at any time..

[sarcasam]yeah ok.. you know exactly what i think about valiant[/sarcasam]

what do you mean the way hes been handling me? i didnt see dizzy insulting anyone.. but you did and even andriod says you were flaming

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Dizzyone's tones were scathing and valiant flamed.

The situation has resolved anyway with Evan making some changes and disregarding others and dizzyone feeling dissatisfied about it, but acknowledging that he's said his piece.

'nuff said.

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

real life, as in real examples from existing leagues and empires community history and everything game related to the mod scene.

Its easy to comment on something thats not being said. :P

and drama that is going to be caused by it, not this.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  8. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I think (maybe I'm wrong) that the game-style of Empires League is unique in all of online gaming leagues. Hard to compare to others.

9. dizzyone

I agree, very unique, from how its established to the way its going to be played.

10. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Ok, you're not really adding anything to the discussion here and are on the verge of openly insulting other members.

To all members, don't post anymore if you don't have anything constructive to say.

11. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I havent seen a single good suggestion from anyone; just a random piss fest...

If you have a problem with the way something structured; a general way to start is; by suggesting specific logical suggestion that might improve something in your eyes, and if the idea is good; its going to get implemented... Random complaints and saying "This wont work" does nothing...

JPL managed to pull out roughly 20 members during our last scrim with CW; people drifted away since then; so we are managing to pull in roughly 10 on busy days; with the release of Empires 2.0 not only will there be fresh blood; but old members will come back...

I have never seen anyone do anything like the Empires leauge; I think it is fresh and innovating, people have been begging for features like this IN games... As an example I belive World in Conflict or one of the most recent RT'S has the exact same thing... Look at DoW... Things like this are being implemented left and right...

Now if the season stretches on for far too long (Or after a specified amount of time) then the leauge could end in the traditional way; with whoever scored the most victories, doing it "Oldschool Ladder" style.

Now ever since the creation of the leauge; it was said from the VERY BEGINING, that the league will not be in full swing; but this is rather the creation of the infrastructure; to be ready.

If I was a new member looking for a mod; and I see how dedicated this community is; that even the league is fully formed and all it needs is people, then sure thats an incentive to try this mod out, why anyone would fail to see this is beyond me...

12. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

QFT. And thanks Krenzo.

Bruckner Division just signed up on the league site. They have 11 players at the moment. So that's 3.

BACK ON TOPIC: Does that PR page list do what you want it to, Krenzo? I think I hit all the major points and it's pleasing to the eye.

13. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Yes, I do think it is very well done.

Far more pictures are needed though. Every time I click the attack picture i think I'm going to be given a bushel of pictures when i just get the one

If only the empiresmod.com page was nicer...

14. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The PR page is good, but I keep thinking there is so much missing. I'm sure you can add to the list.

15. Chahk

Chahk Member

I think the League is a great idea (could be because I helped form the idea of using a map :p ), but advertising it as something well tested and ready to be played off the bat, is not. A simple mention on the PR page under a new "Community" section that links to a page of its own is a good compromise. The wording needs to change though to make it clear that the League is a work in progress, with rules and pretty much everything else about it still being actively developed and refined. Releasing an untested League is akin to releasing an untested RC to public.

Also, I think what Dizzy's alluding to is that the League officials should not be allowed to participate in the League play, nor be part of any participating clans. This of course does not remove all bias, but it does limit about 90%.

16. dizzyone

I need to choose my words more carfeully :)

What I really was saying is that there should be rules participants can resort to when they feel unjustice done by referees or administrators of the league, nothing wrong with having clanners run it, aslong as there are rules. In the same way I would prefer there to be rules for moderators of a forum or server. Its not an uncommon thing for these things to get out of hand, its quite common actually. :p

17. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I don't see why we can't advertise it as a finished product. It will appeal to more people. However, they won't have 10 ppl in time for the first season so they won't be able to compete. SO, we'll be able to iron it out during the first season AND pretend to be finalized.

As for league officials not being able to compete, I disagree. It's true that rules banning clanners could make it more objectively neutral. However, if the clanners in question are honest, good people then it shouldn't subjectively make a difference.

18. Chahk

Chahk Member

Well, you shouldn't advertise it as a finished product for the same reasons this mod is still in Beta stages. The danger of appealing to more people is that those people will expect a robust system, which current League isn't. I'm just saying that the wording on the page should reflect that. The first season should be played out by the tester clans only to iron out all the kinks.

The "honest, good" part is in itself a very subjective definition. I don't think clanners should be banned from officiating the League alltogether, just the seasons their clans compete in.

19. Silk

Silk Mapper

It's a long time ago, so i'm not totally sure, but weren't people complaining a lot about messed up hitboxes in 1.071. If i remember correctly, since 1.08 empires has moved to the episode 1 engine the hitboxes have been fixed?

And i'll go through ALL the changelogs this weekend, i'll send everything i think is worth mentioning to Evan.

20. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Yeah, I moved to the HL2DM player animation system because there were some stupid hitbox issues with the way the animations were setup by default.